REPORTS/PHOTOS/ VIDEOS Vancouver, BC at the Orpheum 15-02-2008

dcdeb

• Replies 809
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

what the f*ck are you doing Rani ?!?! teasing me like that with your pretended videos and now NOTHING ????

Don't worry Olivia, I'm working on it. The video files are huge, and too big for YouTube. I'm going to have to upload them somewhere, so they can be downloaded. You'll get your videos! :wink2:

OFF Topic : I'm :lmao: in front of my screen knocking off things just reading you! (the part on A.Clay) and I'm with you too Yoppappop

:wink2:

I love MFC :wub2:

ON Topic : Great report Rani! Love the pics! Thanks :flowers2:

And I went on your myspace, You have a really nice voice! :thumb_yello:

Aww...thank you! You are very sweet. :wub2:

There's video of this?? Post...please? I might cry, but please...!

Thank you for posting the review!!! Love your pictures, and reading the second half of your conversation with Mika! Mika must have Googled or MySpaced you or something--that is so cool! I would LOVE to hear how he knew you are a jazz singer. (And side note: so awesome that you are! I'm a sing-when-no-one-can-hear-me singer, lol. But I sing all the time--love it!) If you get to sing with Mika someday you better believe I want to be there! :punk:

Thank you very much. I'm glad you enjoyed reading the whole saga. :naughty: Trust me, if I ever perform with Mika, I will definitely let you know!

Don't worry Olivia, I'm working on it. The video files are huge, and too big for YouTube. I'm going to have to upload them somewhere, so they can be downloaded. You'll get your videos! :wink2:

I checked your myspace - you have a lovely voice :wub2:

Sent a friends request (which you can refuse if you want :naughty: )

my next installments are coming very soon! :)

Looking forward to it Elanorelle!!!! :thumb_yello:

I checked your myspace - you have a lovely voice :wub2:

Sent a friends request (which you can refuse if you want :naughty: )

I did the same :blush-anim-cl:

Love your voice, and with or without Mika I wanna hear you at least once live with big letters announcing your name on the venue :wub2:

Thanks for your reports! I spent just about all day (on my very slow computer) reading through them all.

I have yet to see Mika live in the audience so I really appreciated all the detailed reports.

Mana, what a way to end your Mika tour! Simply amazing! You are a very lucky girl! Sounds like a lot of fun! Thanks again.

I did the same :blush-anim-cl:

Love your voice, and with or without Mika I wanna hear you at least once live with big letters announcing your name on the venue :wub2:

Yes yes yes, I so agree with you about DaMango. I was so lucky that she rode with me from Seattle to Vancouver to keep me company. There were two parts of that trip....the was the Mika portion (listening to LICM) and then there was the Prince portion (listening to Prince Ultimate). The second half was a big longer since we did get stuck in traffic. :naughty: However, we both love Prince also. Every once in awhile Rani graced me by singing along and her voice was so clear and beautiful. It always surprised me since I am not used to just hanging around people who have such a beautiful and well-trained voices. I wouldn't have mind if she would have sang the whole trip! :wub2:

It turned into a very long journey with all the traffic problems and thank goodness Rani was there to keep me company! Yes, it was an extraordinary two days.....so many things that I will never forget! :thumb_yello:

Hello Everyone!:thumb_yello:

Hope all are well and happy! I don't know about the "well" part but, boy, oh boy, I sure as hell am HAPPY!!!!!:mf_lustslow:

Friday February 15th/2008 will be one of my most cherished memories in my life. I think I said this before but it really deserves to be repeated - seeing/hearing Mika in concert was definitely a high priority on my "things to do before I die" list. I know, I know, a little macabre, but hey! we're all gonna go there, so let's all have fun NOW, while we can - live for the moment, take a big bite out of life and savour every morsel - enjoy your life and share the love - AND IF THAT ISN'T THE MESSAGE THAT MIKA IS TRYING TO CONVEY TO ALL OF US THEN I'VE TOTALLY LOST THE PLOT.......

EVERYBODY'S GOTTA LOVE TODAY........:huglove:

Friday night was phenomenal on sooo many levels. Our boy delivered a performance nothing that was short of brilliant. He simply outdid himself. The fact that this was the culmination of his North American tour lent a noteworthy tone. He also gave us the impression that he may have been a little overwhelmed by our exuberance, excitement and intensity. This man is the authority on Love - well, he HAD to have left our continent singing "LOVE LOVE ME'. We weren't exactly coy, were we, Guys? LOL!:naughty:

I have to also give props to all the other contributing people and factors that set the bar for the Mika production. Mika's outstanding talent and all the extras truly drive a huge wedge between him and the rest of the pop culture.He leaves everyone else smokin' in the dust! HAHA! His band is amazing - everyone handpicked due to specific, special skills; their talents honed to a fine point. It was disappointing that Cherisse was absent but the replacement was a star in his own right. Then there was the fabulous lighting, awesome stage decorations including the usual gorgeous DaWack murals, Gray Skelly, etc. I particularly loved the candelabra on the piano when he played "Any Other world" - haunting and achingly beautiful...

One of the best parts of the whole evening was meeting all my wonderful MFC cohorts in crime - I love you all. Meeting you guys, putting faces to the names, laughing together, sharing the Mika love - how great was that??? It is the highest of highs for me now to be part of the Mika culture - how much he and his music has changed my life - and millions of others' lives as well. Some of us have almost a spirituality around Mika - he delivers on so many levels - almost like he was heaven sent......:harp:

Another amazing part of that night - oh yeah! Besides getting to meet him and give him a homemade gift and card and even have a mini-conversation! Yes! It's true! See the youtube! In any case - I got to bring my wonderful 13- year-old niece Sammy, also a big Mika Fan, to the concert. She was a HUGE hit - and not only had SUCH A FANTASTIC TIME AND GET TO MEET MIKA, she joined MFC last night - introducing "sunshinebright"! Our Western Canada Rep Suzanne (who was the Queen of the Concert , rightfully so!) already gave her a warm welcome; so everybody, look out for her... thanks.

I know I'm foaming at the mouth here.... I'm kind of talking more about feelings than the actual events, but that's mainly because there are already so many fantastic reports on the concert and at the risk of being redundant am going this route..... So here I am, 48 hours later, completely cognizant of the meaning of the expression "wired for sound". The sound part because we have all been privy to the most exquisite sounds on God's green earth - and "wired" because I am still bouncing off the walls like I've been injected with mega doses of adrenaline, endorphins, caffeine, and all the illegal stuff (which I would NEVER DO!!!:thumbdown: ) Anyways, you get the point.

So here we are. Mika has left the building. Not only that he has left the continent. And sadly (but in a bittersweet way) he'll be off the tour circuit for awhile. But that's okay because there are bigger and better things in store for us - he'll be working on his 2nd CD!!! The Mika Machine is evolving.. hehe! No, he'll never be a machine... The Mika Magic is evolving... Do you realize how F***ING LUCKY WE ARE? That we live in this time that he exists and that we get to experience this phenomenon?? So, for the next few months, when we all start jonesing for MIKA MIKA MIKA MIKA MIKA, and we develop our 12-step program, hold our meetings and re-watch our DVD's, forum and youtube clips, support each other we must remember:

HE'LL BE B-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-C-C-K.................:mf_lustslow:

Beautifully written and 100% true!!!

I'm so glad that I got to share this special evening with all the fabulous MFCer's and meet you all. This was an evening that I will hold especially close to my heart for eternity as it was such an uplifting experience.

Joan !I have a present here for you..Its from the Seattle Show, I took this photo and think something happened to me. He 's changed me, you , Laxmi,

He has brought sprit to our hearts...love.........peace....harmony...

I have wonderful photos to send to you! you will love them! i will email you them soon. Mean while, here is an angel ...pure lightl_225ccc514cb8e9befa107a46734ab280.jpg

Wow, what a beautiful photo!! Very angelic and pure.

I know I asked this already, but nobody has left a response. I am looking for a setlist from the show. I'm not sure if I've got the correct order and want to make absolute sure as I am going to be putting together a scrapbook. So if anyone has the list of the order of songs I would be more than greatly appreciative. Thanks again!!!

Beautifully written and 100% true!!!

I'm so glad that I got to share this special evening with all the fabulous MFCer's and meet you all. This was an evening that I will hold especially close to my heart for eternity as it was such an uplifting experience.

OMG, thank you, thank you - coming from you - a real compliment! I also will never forget this night.... I haven't come down from the high yet....... In Mika Land, one does not need any other kind of substance to get high - HE IS THE DRUG OF CHOICE - LOL!:naughty::roftl:

It was soooo great to meet you! Hopefully our paths will cross again at another fantastic Mika concert - SOON!!!! :thumb_yello::punk:

I know I asked this already, but nobody has left a response. I am looking for a setlist from the show. I'm not sure if I've got the correct order and want to make absolute sure as I am going to be putting together a scrapbook. So if anyone has the list of the order of songs I would be more than greatly appreciative. Thanks again!!!

From the European tour (thanks Niki27!) but the list is the same:

l_010720bbf522d4dcef12d5b0ead26328.jpg

WHAT A VIDEO!!!!! OMFG!!!!!!! Let at EVERYONE on stage ROFL its like a f**kin party!!!

It was so much fun! someone pushed me up and I lost my shoes and there i was! confetti everywhere! at least 100 happy people ! balls flying ! everyone standing and clapping! every seat taken! Caz,,,the VANCOUVER CONCERT WAS WILD! WILD! WILD!

It was so much fun! someone pushed me up and I lost my shoes and there i was! confetti everywhere! at least 100 happy people ! balls flying ! everyone standing and clapping! every seat taken! Caz,,,the VANCOUVER CONCERT WAS WILD! WILD! WILD!

oh i so can't wait for next monday now! :biggrin2: