dcdeb

• Replies 809
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ROFL!

I love how she makes it on stage and goes "OMG!!" :roftl:

I knew it was going to be like this! we had girls from UK too! who had to be in North America and can't go to the Brixton shows so they were so lucky! One girl was visiting from the UK and for some strange reason she had not seen MIKA yet but she saw him in Vancouver! what a treat!

YOU ARE GOING TO HAVE SO MUCH FUN! IT WAS THE BEST TIME OF MY LIFE CAZ! MEETING HIM, GIVING HIM GIFTS,,DANCING! HAPPYNESS! BIG MFC SUPPER ! BIG MFC GROUP OF AT LEAST 12 ! WOOHOOOO!

WHOOOOHOOOOOOO!

Thank you Mana for your report, I'm really wordless. He and his family are really special and unique people. And yes, it's true that when you meet him, you can feel something of strange inside yourself, it's his total love that wrap up you i think....

I'm sorry, I would say a lot of things about his inner beauty, but my english is really poor..... I hope you understand me.

Thank you very much again!

CAZ! THIS ONE IS FUNNY!

ITS SORT OF INSIDE THE ZOO!

HEHE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwwnMY6sTCM&NR=1

Haha! That is awesome!!! I was wondering what happened to Mika when so many people were onstage, and now I can see that he was in the middle of the massive crowd, and they're all dancing and jumping around him! Brilliant! :roftl:

haha! i skipped to the last part and i was like, okay, wow, we're still in the audience, then then i looked closer and i was like "OMG! Mika is there!" and thats about when i realized it was the stage! oh my. i wonder how much longer Mika will be allowing stage invading for haha.:wub2::roftl::naughty:

Hey Wendo! I'm serious, feeling insecure here right now. Worried about sense of humour bypassed and all that!

Sorry hun - just keep doing what you do. You are not offensive

or insensitive - you say what you think - but without insulting

people!! There is no crime in that!! :thumb_yello:

I'm having a serious kicking myself moment for never having "applied" for the Vancouver Lollipop girl thing lol. Ugh! I thought they wanted some for all 4 shows...I was even in Seattle (at the show of course) the day before!!!! *smacks self upside the head*

Elanorelle? Did I miss your novel? I keep checking back for the mammoth report of this gig...I can only find excited snippets so far!!

i have to formulate my thoughts! did you read part of it?

the first part of it is there!

I am still in a very peculiar state of mind.....

:boxed: :boxed:

I'm having a serious kicking myself moment for never having "applied" for the Vancouver Lollipop girl thing lol. Ugh! I thought they wanted some for all 4 shows...I was even in Seattle (at the show of course) the day before!!!! *smacks self upside the head*

Awww....you should have. You would have been a great Lollipop girl! BTW.....I love your avatar pic :wub2:

Mika's 'impressive debut' left 'em wanting more

Special to The Province

Published: Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Reader Travis Bortolotto was so impressed with Mika's concert at the Orpheum on Friday, that he sent us his review:

The venue fit the musician. The Orpheum provided the perfect backdrop for the eccentric Brit to debut in Vancouver. This was the last stop on his North American tour and, while some artists would show signs of fatigue, Mika looked in top form all night (even with his shirt off).

The Midway State opened for Mika, and didn't disappoint. Don't be surprised when you start hearing more from this very talented band from Toronto.

Mika opened with his huge hit, "Relax (Take it Easy)." However, the crowd did anything but relax, from beginning to end the man provided entertainment worth so much more than the cost of tickets. Every song on his album and then some, including the Eurythmics' "Missionary Man," were included in his set. The stage show was the most refreshing I've seen in a long while. A symbolic and colourful image of Death, giant blow-up balloons, backup dancers of every size, plus costumes that made you think you were at a Broadway show were all on display. Mika's voice live is equal to or better than that on his debut CD, Life in Carton Motion. Every aspect of his performance channelled that of a young Freddie Mercury.

A good live show should end with an encore that leaves you wanting more. Mika's did just that. Coming back out to a thunderous ovation, the band mimicked a teddy-bear picnic, until it all got very sexual. Off with the costumes and Mika exploded with his hit "Lollipop." The crowd loved it. Confetti flew as giant balloons filled the Orpheum. Eager fans hopped on stage to dance side by side with Mika and his backup dancers. Mika entertained for the sell-out crowd for over an hour and unleashed some powerful vocals. The Brit made a impressive debut and proved he is more than a pretty face -- the man can sing.

Grade: B

From the Province News Paper today!

:)

Oh Rani, that is so awesome! I was really hoping you were going to say you sang a bit with him. That has always been my prediction for you. :punk: That's amazing that he knew about your music though.

Thank you Christine! I like your prediction very much. :wink2: Maybe it will happen next time...

Thank you Christine! I like your prediction very much. :wink2: Maybe it will happen next time...

I hope so!

I am too. It's very strange.

PMS sucks. :thumbdown:

I'm finally over my London-is-going-to-be-crap-compared-to-TO malaise, but I'm sure March is going to be much worse. :crybaby:

I feel so stupid... I have had my watch set for the time of the Vancouver concert (8pm I think) since November, so it's gone off every single day at 8pm for about 2 and a half months. I couldn't wait for the concert! Even if I wasn't going to be anywhere near it. So friday night I went to my friend's brother's hockey game that was from 7-9pm. I totally forgot all about the concert I'd waited months for! I didn't even remember until yesterday that there was a concert :shocked: I can't believe I forgot about it:blink:

OMG, thank you, thank you - coming from you - a real compliment! I also will never forget this night.... I haven't come down from the high yet....... In Mika Land, one does not need any other kind of substance to get high - HE IS THE DRUG OF CHOICE - LOL!:naughty::roftl:

It was soooo great to meet you! Hopefully our paths will cross again at another fantastic Mika concert - SOON!!!! :thumb_yello::punk:

I think this will be an everlasting high!!! It was an experience that great that almost everytime I think about that evening and all aspects of it I am moved to near tears. I feel very touched and very moved to have been a part of this all. I too am hoping for another meeting of sorts in the future. Whether that be to gather for another Performance by the ever so wonderful MIKA or for just the sake of getting together.

I think this will be an everlasting high!!! It was an experience that great that almost everytime I think about that evening and all aspects of it I am moved to near tears. I feel very touched and very moved to have been a part of this all. I too am hoping for another meeting of sorts in the future. Whether that be to gather for another Performance by the ever so wonderful MIKA or for just the sake of getting together.

August 18th??? just an idea! how bout we go someone's place who has a big screen TV and we watch the DVD and have a mika party or I can rent out a room in hotel and just gave a MIKA party! something to think of we get enough

people together ! its just an idea

woow!