The BRIT awards 2008 PART 2 (London, Earl's Court): 20-02-2008

dcdeb

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Babs vid and some others from the brits are gone for copyright violations...It was matter of time. They must have been so drunk until today :roftl:

Yep, it was bound to happen. :(

But at least we can watch the opening again and again (and again)

via that link from Mika's myspace. :original:

dcdeb

I know I am biased but I think Mika's performance was the Hit of the night!

I think the exposure & nominations & the one win will attract a lot more fans.

Mika suffering bronchitis while performing as well as he did truly says a lot about the man!

The theatre set was Dazzling & to me So was Mika!!

Mika's acceptance speech was Gracious, humble and all inclusive as the man is himself.

Mika Rocks!

Kudos Mika!!

Hey there and welcome!

I'm afraid I have to disagree with you there- the opening wasn't as spectacular as we KNOW it could have been and was because he was suffering with bronchitis.

I loved the scenery and backdrop though…I think he’s great but this wasn’t his best- Sorry!!

There were obvious Mishaps: being off-key, shortening notes sometimes not even hitting them and losing his breath etc.

The duet with Beth Ditto was a mistake.

I do think he should have had the band members on stage with him; he would have looked less awkward on stage and he could have interacted with them instead of the (BRIT School) audience.

From every interview that I have read & watched I am certain ( IMO ) that Mika does not really care about awards. He has certainly stated many times that he does not do what he does for that kind of attention & reward.

So I was surprised that so many of the diehard fans here were saying how they thought Mika was upset & disappointed at not winning in the other three categories. Could you be projecting our own disappointment on him?

I was disappointed too. But I still don't think he was or that he showed any kind of disappointment.

You may have a point there; we know Mika is in the business because he wants to write songs and perform. But losing out on an award (awarded by the music industry), when you know you pretty much deserved it- is a disappointment if nothing else. Obviously we won't know the extent of that disappoinment, and are perhaps projecting our own onto the situation- I know I am! Having said that, the look on Mika's face, when Mark Ronson was announced as the winner of Best Male is unmistakenly- gutted. IMO.

Of course he wants attention and to be recognised! He wouldn't be touring like there's no tomorrow and risking his health to do it, if all he wanted to do was write and sing songs. If Mika didn't really care about the awards he wouldn't turn up to accept them.

Aww it's not longer available !!:boxed:

Do you mean the link from Mika's myspace bulletin?

I'm watching that video right now -- it still seems to be working for me...

dcdeb

There will be a pink line across the top Charlotte where it says there is a claim for Copyright violations.

Oh well, if you haven't seen it yet, go to Stage 6.

http://www.stage6.com/user/babspanky/video/2258894/Mika,-Brits-Performance-2008

I keep saying to people not to put the name of the event in the title, they took off ALL the MTV Japan vids last year. You can get away with it (maybe) if you only write Mika and the country or maybe the date....:boxed:

Thanks..I've seen it many times...I'm just bummed that Bab's account is gone. That means that she will have to upload all her "legal" videos again and that will take so much time. ACK!!

There will be a pink line across the top Charlotte where it says there is a claim for Copyright violations.

Oh well, if you haven't seen it yet, go to Stage 6.

http://www.stage6.com/user/babspanky/video/2258894/Mika,-Brits-Performance-2008

I keep saying to people not to put the name of the event in the title, they took off ALL the MTV Japan vids last year. You can get away with it (maybe) if you only write Mika and the country or maybe the date....:boxed:

What? What? Huh? OMG...I'm at work and I can't even get youtube to check it out! NOooooooo!!!!

OMG!!!! all my fav of mika's vids!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :furious: :furious: :furious:

i hate youtubeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!! :blowup:

does anyone have backup???arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

why they removed alllllllllllllllllllllllll vids????????!!! :mad3: :mad3: :mad3:

you would still have your voice had you bought the right lemsip :mf_rosetinted:

:naughty: Perez has inspired me! im going to the gig wearing my shower cap:naughty:

what a fantastic idea come on guys...lets do it ha ha it would be soooo funny.

and of course if its raining it will keep us dry :thumb_yello:

Copyright.

I am sad to see all the other vids for both Christine and Bab go.

Praying they have backups.

Especially Christine's one of Mika getting the Yearbook....:boxed:

Wow, I didn't realize they suspended the accounts :(

But to be honest, I'm not surprised, just surprised it took so long.

Really, we get away with an awful lot here, in terms of violating

copyright. I do worry (yes, I'm a worrywart, I know) sometimes that

some big corporation (BBC, Universal, Getty Images, etc.) is

going to come down hard on us here at the MFC for violating

their copyrights, too... :(

I'm sure that both bab and Christine still have all the videos they uploaded,

though... Please! :shocked:

dcdeb

Am I Missing something here?

I just visited youtube & did the Mika vids date added & there are at least 6 vids of Mika opening The Brits! They are same performance that babspanky had posted.

What am I missing here if this is about copyright??

Sorry I am new to all or some of this stuff.

Thanks.

Kodes

Wow, I didn't realize they suspended the accounts :(

But to be honest, I'm not surprised, just surprised it took so long.

Really, we get away with an awful lot here, in terms of violating

copyright. I do worry (yes, I'm a worrywart, I know) sometimes that

some big corporation (BBC, Universal, Getty Images, etc.) is

going to come down hard on us here at the MFC for violating

their copyrights, too... :(

I'm sure that both bab and Christine still have all the videos they uploaded,

though... Please! :shocked:

dcdeb

whats the worst that can happen?? they close the forum:tears: :crybaby: *dies*

I reckon it's the bronchitis drugs, probably tiredness mixed with relief it is all over mixed with a bit of delirium from winning (mixed with being UNDERSTANDABLY miffed about Ronson) was what we were witnessing...I think we are yet to see him drunk...:naughty:

He can do interviews exactly like this COMPLETELY SOBER...c'mon we've all see them!!

true I agree lol he's just a daftie :wub2: but if he wants a drinkie then he can have one lol.

Sure! If I can be second, kay?

Aw, Mika. I wonder if he realizes that the camera panned to his face at that second...and that hundreds of his most die-hard supporters worldwide felt compelled to scoop him up in a big, smooshy hug.

aww even if he had known what could he have done, he is quite an honest genuine person and sometimes he reacts like we would, like when he went up for his acceptance and gave out that squeal of joy...:wub2:...nearly everyone else played it all cool. like they get awards every day and so it's no biggie to them and as if it's uncool to show your really genuinely pleased to win one, he came across as probably the most genuinely pleased to have won an award than anyone else, pfft they are all jaded!