New Perez Post about the BRITS

cheeseygoodness

http://www.itv.com/Lifestyle/ThisMorning/Entertainment/PerezHilton/default.html

Perez Hilton, 29 began his life as celebrity watcher extraordinaire by writing a regular blog on a social networking site.

He said: “I have always been fascinated by celebrities, their crazy hedonistic lives and extravagant ways. I had no idea it would take off like it did and become so huge."

Continually updated with his trademark put downs and cutting commentary on celebrity antics, Perez's website become a global phenomenon and Perez, himself, has began hanging out with the A-listers.

"When I started the website it wasn't my goal to get to hang out with the celebs. I have to say though, it has been awesome going to the showbiz parties and getting to know the people I've been writing about," he said.

After taking the US by storm, Perez is now working his magic on the gossip-hungry public of the UK. Perez has noticed some marked differences between our celebrity cultures.

He said: " The British seem to like their celebrities much more real than the Americans. Take Colleen McLachlan for example and the whole WAG phenomenon, that would never happen in the US, a woman would never be famous just for dating a sports star.”

Award ceremonies also have their differences this side of the Atlantic, Perez says: "The difference is that all the celebs get drunk at the British award ceremonies, no one drinks at these things in the US. There is a whole 'anything can happen' vibe about the UK award shows - I love that."

Perez Hilton's website perezhilton.com

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

<Proud of Babs> :wub2:

That's great, me too, great for the MFC :thumb_yello:

He could have said more about MIKA tho on the show and off! Suppose he doesn't want to seem too biased....dunno why tho as Beth Ditto wasn't...Oooo I was surprised YOU won to Mark Ronson....YOU GO GIRL!!

xxx

Good old Perez, he's really growing on me, he seems to have a real genuine affection for Mika, I think it's cute. But yes, he can't look as if he is always going on about Mika...:naughty:

And did Beth Ditto really say that to Ronson??? :punk: I'm sure there are plenty (and not just MFCers) who also think Mika was robbed.

Perez has just been on 'this morning' but no mention of mika and his awards :no: ... he did say though that he hadnt slept last night and just napped so we all know mika will be trashed this morning :naughty:

I really don't think Perez has to keep mentioning Mika in the UK... It would be too much and would actually work against him....:cool:

That 'person' on the end reminds me of Marilyn.

LOL not our own Marilyn Mastin (:roftl: sorry Marilyn), but the adrogynous Marilyn singer entity from the 80s.

Anyone else remember him?? He was strange.:boxed:

No.... I only remember Dead or Alive:naughty: ... but their singer was not blonde:cool:

I really don't think Perez has to keep mentioning Mika in the UK... It would be too much and would actually work against him....:cool:

I was on about the Program 'this morning' aswell , not just perez :thumb_yello:

I would have thought this morning might have mentioned him as he won an award :thumb_yello:

Perez has just been on 'this morning' but no mention of mika and his awards :no: ... he did say though that he hadnt slept last night and just napped so we all know mika will be trashed this morning :naughty:

I was really excited when I heard Perez was going to be on This Morning, as I was sure HE at least, would mention Mika! But he didn't. I know he was answering questions, but he COULD have got a mention of Mika and his award in!

Perhaps he just doesn't realise that Mika is ignored in his own adopted country! Maybe we should tell him! I was very disappointed that he didn't mention Mika, yet was talking about Leona, who didn't win anything, thank goodness for that, at least.

That's great, me too, great for the MFC :thumb_yello:

Good old Perez, he's really growing on me, he seems to have a real genuine affection for Mika, I think it's cute. But yes, he can't look as if he is always going on about Mika...:naughty:

And did Beth Ditto really say that to Ronson??? :punk: I'm sure there are plenty (and not just MFCers) who also think Mika was robbed.

If anyone wants to tell ITV what they think about Mika not getting a mention, you can email them

dutyoffice@itv.com

Because that's not a girl. :roftl:

:shocked:

Striking resemblance:shocked:

... but I doubt it's him.. If it is, I want to have the details of his plastic surgeon:cool: :

:naughty:

According to Perez, it's Jodie Harsh:

http://www.myspace.com/jodie_harsh

http://www.jodieharsh.com/home.php

I spy Ms Ophelia Bitz amongst some of the pics... :naughty:

dcdeb