So it seems things are changing for him...

BonjourMika1990

:naughty:

Blokes, i tell ya! Only got one thing on their minds..............

Top Gear....... :sneaky2:

Oh dear me. I spend my weekends downloading and watching old eps of Top Gear. Does this mean.....I am really.....a BLOKE? I do happen to have a thing going for all 3 TG boys....especially Hammond :wub2::naughty:

I think they should have Mika as their star in a resonably priced car!! If only he could drive :lmao: Maybe the Stig can teach him!

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh dear me. I spend my weekends downloading and watching old eps of Top Gear. Does this mean.....I am really.....a BLOKE? I do happen to have a thing going for all 3 TG boys....especially Hammond :wub2:

I think they should have Mika as their star in a resonably priced car!! If only he could drive :lmao: Maybe the Stig can teach him!

:naughty::roftl:

I love Top Gear!!!! :thumb_yello:

I was just saying something to annoy Freddie, y'know.... :naughty:

Nothing wrong with women loving that kind of thing at all.... My knowledge of Rugby put my ex to shame.... (and he was a player for the local team.....) :biggrin2:

Awesome :thumb_yello: What do you think of Hammond :naughty:

Bless him. He's such a tiny cutie!

I read in an interview with him though, that after that crash, he's still not right. He says that he can't deal with emotions any more and that he has trouble Parking...... :blink:

Clarkson is a legend. I love his column in the paper - always makes me chuckle. :thumb_yello:

i read the first post a few hours ago and havent refreshed myself with the details so i apologise if anything i say seems off-ish.

i know things have changed for Mika popularity wise, but I don't think he's changed in personality.

at least, not on stage. the only thing ive seen a change in is his confidence. But confidence doesn't mean arrogance or anything like that. Last night, he was GENUINELY HAPPY. He was smiling throughout, joking around with the band and bundling them during lollipop, knocking on mikey choi's head and then said "i wanna talk to you" when grace kelly started, and THERE WAS A LOT OF AUDIENCE INTERACTION. he was constantly joking and playing around with us! I think he still appreciates us, not to mention that we're turning official! That alone speaks for itself.

And don't forget, Mika had bronchitis at the Brit Awards and most likely had it last night too. He's got a gig tonight and had to save his voice. I understand that, but I won't pretend and say I wasn't gutted, because I was and still am. I've waited an entire year - quite patiently without many complaints - to meet him and haven't managed to, despite winning a competition last year's May. It frustrates me sometimes when I hear of fans who became fans of his halfway through his stardom and met him at their first concert. Not that that's anyones fault, I just feel a bit robbed sometimes, that's all. Like, someone's against me meeting him or something. i don't get the privilege to go concert hopping like a lot of you, and considering the concert was postponed I guess I was hoping for a meet and greet but sometimes I wonder whether I become on the border of selfish, even though I feel I deserve to meet him, you know?

I completely understand Mika's point of view in every angle, but I'd like my point of view to be considered too...

i read the first post a few hours ago and havent refreshed myself with the details so i apologise if anything i say seems off-ish.

i know things have changed for Mika popularity wise, but I don't think he's changed in personality.

at least, not on stage. the only thing ive seen a change in is his confidence. But confidence doesn't mean arrogance or anything like that. Last night, he was GENUINELY HAPPY. He was smiling throughout, joking around with the band and bundling them during lollipop, knocking on mikey choi's head and then said "i wanna talk to you" when grace kelly started, and THERE WAS A LOT OF AUDIENCE INTERACTION. he was constantly joking and playing around with us! I think he still appreciates us, not to mention that we're turning official! That alone speaks for itself.

And don't forget, Mika had bronchitis at the Brit Awards and most likely had it last night too. He's got a gig tonight and had to save his voice. I understand that, but I won't pretend and say I wasn't gutted, because I was and still am. I've waited an entire year - quite patiently without many complaints - to meet him and haven't managed to, despite winning a competition last year's May. It frustrates me sometimes when I hear of fans who became fans of his halfway through his stardom and met him at their first concert. Not that that's anyones fault, I just feel a bit robbed sometimes, that's all. Like, someone's against me meeting him or something. i don't get the privilege to go concert hopping like a lot of you, and considering the concert was postponed I guess I was hoping for a meet and greet but sometimes I wonder whether I become on the border of selfish, even though I feel I deserve to meet him, you know?

I completely understand Mika's point of view in every angle, but I'd like my point of view to be considered too...

:shocked: :shocked:

oh dear.

I see exactly where you're comming from.

And thanks for being honest, because I feel like a lot of the time on here people will hide if they feel "gutted" as you said, or sad, or dissapointed in a mika gig. It's like we're all trying to impress eachother but we're all really in the same boat. If someones experience wasn't as amazing as the person next to theirs, why shouldn't they be upset? and why can't they express it?

I hope you get to meet him Caz!

you really deserve it, you do so much on this site for Mika and for the members.

Hey guys,

Well I'm surprised at how big this thread has gotten and I'm genuinly pleased at how things have turned out...

I don't feel attacked. Feeling attacked and feeling misunderstood are too very different things. I FELT like people got the impression that I was angry with the change. I'm not, just trying to accept it. I'm entitled to feel a little bit of sadness seeing his success multiply and his time with us cut short. It's like a mother or a baby sister watching a sibling or a son go off to college... You're happy that they're moving on but you hope they call once and a while or remember the times you shared. It has nothing to do with me being upset that people share different opinions than me. That's definatley not the case, because I'm not naive enough to believe that everyone on here shares the same views. Though in all fairness, my views were presented rather neutrally... I mean "bittersweet" was meant to capture that...and so was the smiley and the non combative title I used for this thread.

I do start threads to hear other's views, to see if they relate to me...and I like that to be honest. I've been the editor of my school paper for 3 years now, and I run all of the editorial content. My opinion is out there all the time, and believe it or not I've acquired a pretty thick skin. People have ripped up copies of our newspaper right in front of me because " I don't believe there should be a war..." for example:roftl:

So I'm alot stronger than my words portray here...my words tend to soften me or make me harsh... and that is great in my opinon, because I love writing and I love that contradiction... I need that contradiction in order to challenge my own thoughts.

But honestly, your views have enlightened me in a sense that I am more able to accept the change with a smile than with a frown knowing that I am not alone in these feelings.

Jack,

I had a feeling it was because I used the word "backfired" But the denotative meaning of the word is not what's inside of my head if that makes sense.

This is not meant to be directed at only one person, but again and again around the forum I keep reading that certain people "deserve" to meet Mika. This is way off base. Just because you've won a contest, have been a member for over a year, or have spent all your waking hours on the MFC devotedly keeping up with breaking news doesn't necessitate your meeting Mika. Just because some people were very generously provided with refreshments while in line at one show doesn't mean that you deserve to be given equal treatment or reimbursed by his management. The fact that some people have developed such a sense of entitlement is pompous, delusional, and it just makes me feel really peeved. This is not limited to things Mika-related... in general I hate it when any sort of elitism is exhibited on such baseless reasoning. :doh:

This is not meant to be directed at only one person, but again and again around the forum I keep reading that certain people "deserve" to meet Mika. This is way off base. Just because you've won a contest, have been a member for over a year, or have spent all your waking hours on the MFC devotedly keeping up with breaking news doesn't necessitate your meeting Mika. Just because some people were very generously provided with refreshments while in line at one show doesn't mean that you deserve to be given equal treatment or reimbursed by his management. The fact that some people have developed such a sense of entitlement is pompous, delusional, and it just makes me feel really peeved. This is not limited to things Mika-related... in general I hate it when any sort of elitism is exhibited on such baseless reasoning. :doh:

Even though you said this isn't towards anyone specifically, it seems to be towards me, and that's fine! I actually see very well where you are coming from, and I agree with you. It's just idk, I guess I'd like EVERYONE to have a chance to meet him. Everyone deserves to meet their hero. Whatever there 'fan club status' may be.:original:

Even though you said this isn't towards anyone specifically, it seems to be towards me, and that's fine! I actually see very well where you are coming from, and I agree with you. It's just idk, I guess I'd like EVERYONE to have a chance to meet him. Everyone deserves to meet their hero. Whatever there 'fan club status' may be.:original:

Oh no, it really wasn't towards you.. I'm sorry if you got that impression. It was just my reaction to a bunch of different posts made by several around the forum about that topic.

And yes, it would be nice if it were a perfect world :naughty: I'm very much an idealist too but reality does a nice job of smacking me in the face sometimes. :bleh:

I hate it when people think that just because their a member of MFC that they're a better fan than anyone else. :puking:

*steps into thread quietly* okay, i have t agree completely, i would hate it if we stopped meeting with mika. (basically i havent even met the man, so it would suck for me to never have met him and want to meet him but it would be impossible) but, the only thing i wish not to happen is that mika gets so caught up in himself that he himself is the one who chooses not to meet with fans, and he decides he is better than us (i HATE when ppl think they are better than me, im sure you all know that) and he gets cocky. then, us MFC ppl might have to give him a slap or a**kicking if his family wont because when the day come that he is cocky, that means he is a whole new person. as he is more and more popular im worried he will be the one to say "no" and "get away" to his fans.

Well, if you're going to put it like that... hmmm...

Although I would never use the b-word in conjunction with Mika... I

don't know him that well.

Bottom line: We agree. He hasn't changed!

dcdeb

I would :mf_rosetinted:...

As I think everybody else said (I haven't read every single page, I confess), things are really changing. Though, the reason why I buy the ticket for his gig, hop on a plane to see him again in other countries it's cause I want to see him live, with all the other MFCers I've come to know so far. The chance to meet him after the gig is "just" the cherry on the top. I always hope to meet him, but that's not the main reason to go to his gigs, in my opinion. He doesn't have to come out to meet his fans, it's something he's almost always done so far, and it's wonderful, but he's not forced to.

I really feel sorry for all those who haven't met him yet, but we can't claim anything.

I was damn lucky to meet him at hte one concert I've been to... If anything, I think Mika coming bakc has me excited to see the Mikamites... I mean, meeting Mika again would be great, but concerts and seeing my frends is as good...

I cannot complain.

I was totally gutted being the ONLY MFCer at his show in Tokyo last May, and not getting to meet him. The PMD after that was INTENSE.

But it eventually came full circle, and my avvie says it all after his second trip to Tokyo in July. But I am 100% certain that I only met him BECAUSE I was part of MFC. MFCers everywhere have passed on messages for others, mentioned friends and fellow MFCers to MIKA, we have all been part of the various projects, which we know he reads/looks at etc.... and he is definitely aware of many of us by name.

The change is purely in the level of his success which has natural consequences for us all.

More people need the loaves and fishes!!

Oh, we felt so bad for you when we found out you hadn't met him... made me worried that we wouldn't...

And when you did, we were just as excited as you were!

I don't see why starting a thread like this should be considered risky.

The fact remains that a year ago, this whole success thing was still new to Mika - his shows were a lot smaller, and he was able to spend more time with fans (you only need to look to the DVD, which shows footage of him being casual and taking pictures with fans).

Things HAVE changed, on a general level - and I don't think Melanie is making that judgement based solely on this one London show. Her two experiences in Chicago, eight months apart, were quite different.

This isn't Mika's "fault". It's simply a bittersweet by-product of his enormous success. But the end result is that it, for better or for worse, it changes the "fan experience".

On one hand, we get a mind-blowing show with confetti, Gray Skelly, and the fabulous costumes. The trade off is that when Mika IS able to meet fans afterward, it's (as I think CharlotteChristy put it) a cattle call, being barked at by security and John. Yes, we are thankful for every little bit Mika is able to give us...but that doesn't make anyone on here a bad person for wanting a little bit more, and pining for the days when he WAS able to give more.

There's also, I think, a bit of (understandable) entitlement going on with some longer-term fans. These people were in on the Mika Secret when it WAS just a secret, and have loyally gone to gigs, bought the album, the singles, the DVD...and still haven't had their moment with him. I don't fault them for wanting a piece of the Mika pie. Especially being on here, and constantly reading about everyone else's slice. I think, though, that more and more, disappointment is going to be increasingly common.

That said, there are plenty of people who are okay with Mika getting up, doing his shows, and getting out of there. That's fine too - each of us envisions the "Mika Experience" to involve different things, and I don't think it's fair to fault someone for hoping to get certain things out of their Mika Experience.

I agree 100%. The thought of seeing him in a stadium is a bit depressing. So I feel no shame in sitting here hoping that his next US tour is still small-ish...especially since it's out of our hands. Deb and I can selfishly hope that Mika remains more accessible here, but since it's not exactly within our control, there's no harm in doing a bit of wishful thinking.

I agree Mana... in places where he's not as popular (like the US, Canada and Oz for example), we still would have smaller venues... simply because he's less well known here... we don't get as much Mika exposure as England/Europe...

Honestly, I don't think anyone's really got you wrong or misunderstood you. In the nicest way possible I am trying to say this: I've notice that you start a lot of threads asking for opinions and then when an opposing opinion comes along, they've misunderstood you. It's not that at all. These opinions would have been brought forth had ANYONE made this thread. It's got nothing to do with misunderstandings or picking on people or analyzing words. You've put yourself out there in creating this thread and you just have to accept that people aren't going to agree, plain and simple.

Yes, a lot of people feel the same way you do, however, as you can see, a lot don't feel the same way, and they should get just as much say as anyone without being told they've been mistaken or they're being too analytical.

As far as being a fan first, I joined up over two months before you. Does that mean I'm a better fan? No, it's doesn't and it would be silly to think otherwise.

Anyway, I'm gonna have to agree heavily with Deb and Jack, especially with the 'backfire' comment.

I hope this post doesn't make you mad or anything, it's just an honest opinion (which you said you wanted). It just doesn't happen to go your way. This isn't supposed to be a mean post nor is it supposed to be "preachy" either. It's just something I've notice, and I'd say it to anyone else that was doing the same thing. I just think it's unfair to always write off opposing opinions as a misunderstanding.

you must be a better fan than me then...

i hope what you huys are saying isnt true, coz then il never get to meet him if he ever comes here!!!

but.... just for my input, there was an interview or something where he said the fame is getting to his head and he is not as "nice" as he was before (i dont remember the real words)

I really don't think he'd skip meeting fans there... he's probabyl more likely to not meet fans in the places he's very popular and well known at (ie, England/Europe)...

Lmaoooooooo. My ass just physically left my body.

:lmfao:

BANNED !!!!!

wheres the moderators

Don't look at me :fisch:...

You cant ban me for laughing at you !! you wouldnt dare !!

A lot of people would've been banned for laughing at him if he could :fisch:...

Moderatorsssssssssssssssssssssssssss

This wouldnt happen when I was a MOD!!!

Men comments ..

I feel sorry for Mika !!!

Mika if your reading this we need to stick together

Booo boooooooooooooooooooo

What... just cause we're not talking about boobs... :naughty:

I knoww i knowww.... the whole tone of the MFC has just lowered so much..... I can't believe that women aren't out pulling the ploughs on the farm or picking cotton in the fields anymore.... shocking.......

(i'm just kidding by the way!)

Mua ha harrrr!

Or barefoot and preggers in the kitchen...

This comment .............

Birds!!!!!!

Men! *decides to become a lesbian*

Blokes, i tell ya! Only got one thing on their minds..............

Top Gear.......

I think you're a legend!!!

I agree Sarah... it's a bloody shame..

Oh dear me. I spend my weekends downloading and watching old eps of Top Gear. Does this mean.....I am really.....a BLOKE? I do happen to have a thing going for all 3 TG boys....especially Hammond

I think they should have Mika as their star in a resonably priced car!! If only he could drive. Maybe the Stig can teach him!

Oh yes... how gorgeous is Hammond???

If that's the case Aaurora, I must ba a bloke too...

Bless him. He's such a tiny cutie!

I read in an interview with him though, that after that crash, he's still not right. He says that he can't deal with emotions any more and that he has trouble Parking......

Clarkson is a legend. I love his column in the paper - always makes me chuckle.

Poor bugger... we not long saw the footage of the accident... like maybe 1 month ago...

Dad's got some books that Clarkson wrote... one had the columns in it...

I was kidding i totally read "playing around with us" the wrong wrong way

So did I...

Oh no, it really wasn't towards you.. I'm sorry if you got that impression. It was just my reaction to a bunch of different posts made by several around the forum about that topic.

And yes, it would be nice if it were a perfect world :naughty: I'm very much an idealist too but reality does a nice job of smacking me in the face sometimes.

Meh... reality has to slap us in the face sometimes some of us more than others...