So it seems things are changing for him...

BonjourMika1990

I think we need to differentiate between "deserving" to meet Mika and "hoping to".

I don't think anyone here is going to throw a giant hissy fit about Mika's career changing how accessible he is...but that doesn't mean we have to embrace with open arms the fact that it's changing. We're allowed to be disappointed by that fact, even if at the same time we're happy he's getting so much success.

I also disagree that people "expect" too much from him. Yes, other artists may never give half of what Mika does; but, he's set a precedent by coming out and meeting fans the majority of the time. I don't fault anyone who hopes for that when they're at one of his shows, and who feels disappointed when he isn't able to do that.

It's just a case of acknowledging that he's human, and it seems that regarding pre-and post gig meetings, there's a bit of luck involved...and that what happens in City A may be totally different than what happens in City B.

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll have to think about that one.... Hm. Perhaps simply the act of survivng while totally dependent on another is effort enough to make them deserving. It must be considering that is really all they do for the first... however many years.

My point was just that it's not about "deserving" in that case. :thumb_yello:

No-one "deserves" to live either, for instance. In the great scheme of things, imo. But that doesn't mean the same thing as "no one should live."

--Jack

:P Nono how are you love?

I'm sitting here looking at Johnny *sigh

-I'm gonna be off now though :P Talk to everyone later!

I'm....ok, how are you? haha

Today my friend says to me "You know if you died Mika wouldn't care"

And I was just like oh how nice. I held a grudge against her all day :naughty:

I just thought it was a bitchy thing that didn't need to be said.

bye! <3

I'm....ok, how are you? haha

Today my friend says to me "You know if you died Mika wouldn't care"

And I was just like oh how nice. I held a grudge against her all day :naughty:

I just thought it was a bitchy thing that didn't need to be said.

bye! <3

That's a horrible thing for her to say lol... If you died you could visit him in his dreams and be like " remember, you laid your cheek upon my head???:wub2: " He'd remember you for sure!

AS for me, I'm doing very well... I took a three hour nap :shocked: I wasn't feeling well, but now it's all good :) I'm looking forward to getting my passport soon and than on friday I'm gonna go see The Other Boleyn Girl with m girl Natalie Portman in it:punk:

Thanks for asking:wink2:

Gilbert Grape is one of my favorite movies, I love the message and Johnny's character:naughty:

That's a horrible thing for her to say lol... If you died you could visit him in his dreams and be like " remember, you laid your cheek upon my head???:wub2: " He'd remember you for sure!

AS for me, I'm doing very well... I took a three hour nap :shocked: I wasn't feeling well, but now it's all good :) I'm looking forward to getting my passport soon and than on friday I'm gonna go see The Other Boleyn Girl with m girl Natalie Portman in it:punk:

Thanks for asking:wink2:

Gilbert Grape is one of my favorite movies, I love the message and Johnny's character:naughty:

I took a 3 hour nap too.......TWINS! :lmao:

Oooh a passport? For your sister's wedding?

I took a 3 hour nap too.......TWINS! :lmao:

Oooh a passport? For your sister's wedding?

yup yup!:punk:

The drinking age over there in cancun is 18:shocked: I could go clubbing:naughty: I'll probably just stay with the Euros. on the beach and tan :roftl:

I can't believe we sleep the same way lol... oh, it's destiny :blush-anim-cl:

yup yup!:punk:

The drinking age over there in cancun is 18:shocked: I could go clubbing:naughty: I'll probably just stay with the Euros. on the beach and tan :roftl:

I can't believe we sleep the same way lol... oh, it's destiny :blush-anim-cl:

hahahaha you naughty girl :naughty:

Yes, it is :blush-anim-cl:

The drinking age in Italy is 16, and they don't ask for ID's either. There were 13 and 14 year old girls drinking.

It seems to be that way for alot of places... it's so different here... Somehow maybe it would be a bad idea to let people over here drink so young :boxed: But they do it anyway...

My family lets me have wine on special occasions, and I don't drink outside of my house:naughty:

So hey!! I finaly gave Mika my special COOKIES!!!! He luvved them he said and he even wrote me a NOTE!! :mf_lustslow: It is under my pillow :wub2: I think fate led me to meet him because I deserved it!!!!! :blush-anim-cl::wub2: :harp:

awww so cute... i can only hope. ='[' what'd he write?? i need to live vicariously through others. :(

And this is just my opinion. Others are allowed to think differently but that won't keep me from vocalizing how I feel about something, even if others find it stupid or want to mock the way I present my viewpoint.

I'm not trying to stop you from vocalizing anything you know. :naughty:

And I've said before that Mika's has no obligation to meet anyone, and that of course new fans are just as "worthy" of meeting him as older fans. In fact, most of what I posted in this thread has been about the fact that we should realize we have no claim on him just because we feel we've been here forever.

But to be honest, I'm really arguing with you here because I felt that your first post on the subject was a somewhat holier-than-thou dig at Caz when she completely did not deserve it (ha):

Just because you've won a contest, have been a member for over a year, or have spent all your waking hours on the MFC devotedly keeping up with breaking news doesn't necessitate your meeting Mika.

It's obvious you're talking about Cazgirl here and her recent experience at Hammersmith. But Caz has never said she deserved to meet Mika per se. She's been very gracious about her disappointment, and this is not her first one either--thinking back to the confusion that happened with the contest she won especially, and the way she was treated, I think she could even be rather less gracious than she has been.

Obviously she's feeling a bit low, and I think adding criticism to that is really not helpful but in fact rather cold-hearted. In this case sympathy would be a better strategy, especially since the low feelings are just a short-term thing.

As for the "deserve" thing--point is, as you say, it's all relative and one can say no one deserves anything--including the child who, while he should have a right to be fed, does not "deserve" to be fed. Thus my point that the way the word is used in these situations is rather obviously looser than your own definition of it. And anyway, people usually say it in the sense of "if anyone deserves to meet him, it's you," (which does not preclude others from also "deserving" it) not "you deserve to meet him because Mika owes you, dammit" or "you deserve it and all the lucky sods who got to meet him at their first show do not."

No-one is saying the second part and yet that's what you seem to be arguing against.

--Jack

:shocked: THAT HAS TO BE A RECORD! :lmfao:

It sure is... there's a reason why I'm the MQ queen in the Aussie thread...

I love your multi-quoting And the fact that you think Hammond is gorgeous ooooooh yay. His crash actually happened september 06 but bloody SBS is a YEAR LATE with their new eps of TG!

You mentioned that in Oz Mika is less popular and that we would get a smaller venue - I think this is very true. So we still may get the opportunity of a seeing-to out the back after the show! By seeing-to, I mean meet and greet and photo-op

Or before :fisch:...

Actually by your definition I don't see why a hungry child deserves to be fed, either. What have they done to earn it?

If anything the fans who have supported Mika nonstop from the start have more of a claim to the idea of "earning as a right by one's actions" since there is actually some action involved.

--Jack

*ponders*

I think we need to differentiate between "deserving" to meet Mika and "hoping to".

I don't think anyone here is going to throw a giant hissy fit about Mika's career changing how accessible he is...but that doesn't mean we have to embrace with open arms the fact that it's changing. We're allowed to be disappointed by that fact, even if at the same time we're happy he's getting so much success.

I also disagree that people "expect" too much from him. Yes, other artists may never give half of what Mika does; but, he's set a precedent by coming out and meeting fans the majority of the time. I don't fault anyone who hopes for that when they're at one of his shows, and who feels disappointed when he isn't able to do that.

It's just a case of acknowledging that he's human, and it seems that regarding pre-and post gig meetings, there's a bit of luck involved...and that what happens in City A may be totally different than what happens in City B.

*throws giant hissy fit*

Kidding... :naughty:

I hope that Mika does another tour... here preferably...

It is funny that you side with anyone involved in this "self-aggrandising rhetoric". Why criticize anyone if you will simply praise another for the exact same thing? What we are doing is having a discussion that has gone exactly the way it had from the beginning. Picking at minutiae to present our thoughts and feelings, however irrelevant they may be.

Relax a bit...

I honestly don't think she's causing any problems...

i've already weighed into this "deserving" debate on another thread and while my thoughts seemed to have great clarity a few hours ago, things are getting fuzzier with every passing minute. Would it be possible for people to agree to disagree? or even to say that there is merit on both sides of the discussion? heck, on all sides of the discussion, cos i'm not even sure that there are only two sides here.

Actually by your definition I don't see why a hungry child deserves to be fed, either. What have they done to earn it?

If anything the fans who have supported Mika nonstop from the start have more of a claim to the idea of "earning as a right by one's actions" since there is actually some action involved.

--Jack

Actually, I wouldn't put it that way, that children DESERVE to be fed.. deserve has nothing to do with that... Children have a RIGHT to be fed, it's got nothing to do with deserve. IMO.

I've been reading through the last posts and many have said that "the meet and greets have come to an end"

they haven't

Why generalize? It never happened that Mika didn't come out,at least for a quick hello or a wave

Ok,one didn't get to meet him,but this is not "the end of an era" *insert dramatic music*

Going from "he couldn't stay long" to "it's over" isn't fair,because he still interacts with fans

Yesterday for example,he came out before the show.Briefly,yes,but nevertheless ,he took the time to come out

I doubt he wants to cut off all interaction possibilities and I don't think the meet and greets will stop once and for all,they may just diminish ,and we have to learn to live with it,he wasn't our property to begin with

I think you're right. He takes the time to interact and speek with his fans, he won't cut off all interactions (in fact a gig is sort of interaction too I think) because he knows very well that without fans he would be nowhere. Mika rules:blush-anim-cl:

I think the 'end of an era' feeling isn't just about Mika not being as accessible to fans as before..I think there is a general feeling that a hiatus is coming in all things Mika, that the LICM era is closing, and he is moving on to a different stage of his career...it's natural fans will feel nostalgic for the old days, though proud and pleased too of course that Mika is making it so big.

I just sense a general 'things'll never be the same' feeling on the forum, which doesn't mean Mika will never sign another autograph ever again...it's just that things are inevitably changing.

It's going to be a quiet few months around here now isn't it :boxed: