REPORTS/PICS/VIDEOS for Mika @ Brixton Academy, London : 26-02-2008

Niki27

Awww, that is lovely Robi. Nice footage. Did you get anything signed after all?

thanks shari...no, i didn't want to have anything signed...just a look, a hallo...well, ,not even those!:boxed:

we were soooooooooo many!!

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

57 hours part 4

Then the show started!! After Saranayde's beautiful angel routine, Mika

came on, glowing, and started singing in his crystal clear voice!! Just

listening to him sends me to happyville, so getting to see him as

well - totally incredible!!!! :wub2:

I can't remember the order of the songs - and Kath will correct me if I am

wrong, but I think it was during Billy Brown that I realised Kath was talking to someone. I was busy getting my phone set for my calls to Martine (by the way Shari - I gave Kath your home number to make things easier - hope you didn't mind :wink2: ) so when I turned round, there was the lovely Mrs Penniman asking if we would like a backstage pass to meet Mika!! I was totally gob smacked!!! She handed me the pass, and smiled, and left as quietly as she had come. I looked at it - looked at Kath, we hugged, I looked at it again, we hugged again - I started to cry!!! It was such a huge and unexpected surprise I really thought I was dreaming!! I had applied some light make-up before I left the hotel as I looked a bit white, and I suddenly realised, if I didn't want to meet Mika with a face with two white stripes and two black eyes, I had better stop the waterworks!! :blush-anim-cl:

I pulled myself together, sang louder, and hugged my lovely Kath some more!!!

The famous Gray Skelly greeted the crowd, and took a swipe at Martin on the way out, Martin slapped Saranayde's butt during Big Girls, Saranayde rushed on sorting her dress during HMDYLM, the SITM scatt was great - as was the Ka-ching fun at the end of Grace Kelly. Maybe its my childish side - but I love it when Mika has fun with his audience!!

I have video's of HMDYLM and Holy Johnny - I can post them - but they are not very close!!

All too soon it was Lollipop - normally I would feel sad that it was nearly over, but now I was SO nervous - I was going to meet Mika!!! I had met him briefly in Glasgow - outside in the crowd after the show - but it was cold, dark and wet, and there were lots of folk wanting to speak to him, so I had been quite brief!

As the show finished folk were drifting out - and I asked this lovely big security man where we had to go. He told me to stay where I was as Mika would come out to us. There were another four people in wheelchairs, and a lady on elbow crutches, all in the disabled area with their carers, and they had all been given passes too!! :thumb_yello:

Carri and Sarahlou appeared beside us - and they had found out about our backstage pass from texts from folk on the forum!!!! :roftl:

Jemma and Babs called over and came to chat with us too. Kath shot off to try and find Abby - she had been on her own during the concert, in the balcony, as she did not want to get crushed and sweated upon again like the night before!! When Kath and Abby came back the lovely Poohsticks came to say Hi!! She could not stay though, as her hubby was working early the next day. Hope its longer next time Pooh!! :thumb_yello:

We all just waited, chattering excitedly - then Carri spotted Andy. I pointed out in a very quivering voice that Mika was with him - but it was Andy getting the attention!!! He came straight over and said Hi - mentioned my coat again (I think).

The next bit is a blur I am afraid. Mika was taking photos with the other disabled guests, and their carers, and was chatting with them. Then he approached us!! He looked happy, relaxed, freshly showered and positively edible!!!! He looked round the 7 of us with a kind of "its THEM" - and then Carri gave him the Tea project she had received via dcdeb! He looked at it, taking his time, and made various comments with a slightly worried note in his voice, about how we knew what he liked etc - and how we knew so much about him. We just blamed Andy!!!! (I have a video of all this, kindly taken on my camera by Abby, but I need a new USB cable to transfer it - its ordered, so maybe early next week!!!) After the chat had died down I gave Mika my small gift, and told him he didn't need to open it there (mainly because I felt he was going to take off any minute!!). I said I had come down from Scotland, and asked if I could have a photograph with him - he said - and I am still in shock at this, and need to hear the video to confirm it again - "I remember you from Glasgow" - 5 words = very full heart!!!!

I felt like jelly - and if I had not been sitting down I would have fallen down!!!

As I looked at him I realised he had a Peter Pan t-shirt on - and I am called Wendy!!!!!!!!!:roftl: (I dreamt last night that "Wendy" was written further down on his t-shirt - dreams are wonderful things!!!)

He put his arm round me, and Kath took the photo. The whole thing was over so fast I forgot to ask about Australia, Argentina or "chicket" I had hoped Kath would get her picture too, but when he stood up he said he had to go - and he went!! I think he is so kind and generous with his time - he still had others to see backstage and outside - and yet there was no sign of irritation

when he is talking to you, and it feels like you are the only person in the room. I still have goosebumps when I remember him approaching me!!!!!!

Incredible report Wendi! I'm so happy for you!

Not sure if i posted those already, but here are few pics from Mika's arrival to Brixton, first time for me seeing him live, i was very much amazed on how tall he is. :o

P2240051.jpg

P2240042.jpg

Someone shouted at him " Mika give us a smile" and this was the result LOL

P2240056.jpg

Great pics!

The last one is so funny!

Wendi, who was the little Scottish voice on your video of meeting Mika who says: "alright Wendi" and "careful Wendi"?

Who filmed it?

Who was moaning about being at the back?

Who's was the laugh?

Wendi, who was the little Scottish voice on your video of meeting Mika who says: "alright Wendi" and "careful Wendi"?

Who filmed it?

Who was moaning about being at the back?

Who's was the laugh?

Jemma and Babs were saying they were at the back for the show,

Abby (Kath's daughter filmed it), Jemma was "the" laugh :naughty:

I think the person who was asking if I was alright etc was Kath,

but she does not have a Scottish accent :blink:

You may have not noticed the accent Wendi, but it's definitely Scottish "Careful Wendi", I just wondered if it was Vicky?

It can't have been - she wasn't there. There was Carri, Sarahlou,

Babs, Jemma, Abby, Kath and myself!! :blink:

does anyone remember the name of the trumpetists ?? mika (finally) introduced them on the 26th (or maybe the 28th) but i couldn't hear their names... did anyone pay attention or were you all too busy drooling ? :naughty:

I couldn't hear what he said - and I was interested as I play the

trumpet - but have to admit to some drooling too!!