lily allen comment on mika win breakthrough artist

lcmlcm

And he asked if they think she has it easy when she goes on tour.

But that's not mean right?:blink:

No, it's not mean, she has laidback gigs, he's just pointing that out.

I doubt she watched it or heard about it anyway.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

to sum up : lilyallen is a : "jealous cow who's career has gone down and blames it all on mika because she lost her baby and the guy is more famous than she is" etc. wow...if you are still asking yourself who is mean and who is not, dont.

a year ago or so lallen said this on mika:

I haven’t heard much of his stuff. I’ve only heard the one song that’s on the radio in the U.K., which is called “Grace Kelly.” I like that; I think it’s all right.

now you all go rude because she said he was too ***...honestly, i've heard worse since the girl just said nothing at all...

Well, didn't he bash her first in his DVD?? :bleh: :bleh: :bleh:

He didn't really say anything bad. He just said (basically) that her concerts are more laid back than his, and she walks around with a can of beer. But he didn't say anything nasty, and didn't say anything on National TV like she did about him. Still, he ratings were abysmal. Thank heavens for small mercies.

Jealous. Insecure. Inarticulate. Twit.

mika?...no of course not...but it's the same to me, being mean to mika or anyone else...what's the point really?

you know you guys are exactly probably the kind of people who bullied mika at school and it's pretty damn scaring to be honest!

mika?...no of course not...but it's the same to me, being mean to mika or anyone else...what's the point really?

you know you guys are exactly probably the kind of people who bullied mika at school and it's pretty damn scaring to be honest!

Hello? I was not referring to Mika! That was directed at Lily. She's the offensive one. And speaking of which, I take offense at the insinuation of being a bully. I have been bullied and abused all my life. There is a big difference between stating an opinion and assassinating a character.

Hello? I was not referring to Mika! That was directed at Lily. She's the offensive one. And speaking of which, I take offense at the insinuation of being a bully. I have been bullied and abused all my life. There is a big difference between stating an opinion and assassinating a character.

I know you were referring to LA...that's why I said it was all the same to me...you called her "Jealous. Insecure. Inarticulate. Twit." to me it's assasinating a charachter...but that's only to me...that's my own opinion...those words are really rude TO ME but maybe they are just friendly in your mouth...

and honestly I dont even know her music or her TV show so maybe yeah i just have high standards or maybe i'm just a kind person who wishes that everyone could be nice to each other...

I know you were referring to LA...that's why I said it was all the same to me...you called her "Jealous. Insecure. Inarticulate. Twit." to me it's assasinating a charachter...but that's only to me...that's my own opinion...those words are really rude TO ME but maybe they are just friendly in your mouth...

and honestly I dont even know her music or her TV show so maybe yeah i just have high standards or maybe i'm just a kind person who wishes that everyone could be nice to each other...

You are right - they are rude words - and I am guilty as charged - and in a perfect world we all would not use any of them . I called a spade a spade, we all have, in this thread. I guess we all need to think twice and, to quote an old adage, "bite our tongues before we speak".

But we are human beings, and we often do not think before we speak. It bothers me that there is such poor sportsmanship in the arts - that a celebrity such as Lily Allen would have such little class and so little security within herself that she could badmouth her colleague the way she did with Mika... After all, there is enough success and happiness to go 'round....

But I must say, in my own defense, my comment was merely an observation and a benign statement, not meant to hurt or destroy anyone. I cannot emphasize enough the difference between that kind of a remark and the type of vicious, cruel and devastating barbs that are made in arenas of bullying such as the ones you refer to in Mika's past. That is blatant abuse, something I have not only been witness to but been privy to and prey to, all of my life. The scars are deep, indelible and excruciating. Please do not confuse these issues.

they had a bit of a falling out when he made some comment about her being carried into a club in a potato sack and she said something about him being in the drag so we know there's bad air there.

I think their personalities clash somewhat. They don't seem to get each other. Mika's been complimentary about her music, though.