Patrick Wolf is disturbed

Ocean Wave

A friend got me into Patrick Wolf so I downloaded a load of his songs and most of them are quite good. (not as good as Mika obviously!)

So here I am doing my coursework listening to my music on shuffle when I hear...

I was still a child when you caught me and tied me to your bed

you gave me shoes and pretty clothes, and i gave you what i had between my legs

Just a rite of passage, you held me down and said

"I'm gonna be your right of passage, so boy you better spread, spread em"

Patrick Wolf - The Child Catcher

I dont know what you guys think but to me this seems a bit wrong and generally disturbed. This isnt the sort of thing you sing about!!

What are your fealings?

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A friend got me into Patrick Wolf so I downloaded a load of his songs and most of them are quite good. (not as good as Mika obviously!)

So here I am doing my coursework listening to my music on shuffle when I hear...

I dont know what you guys think but to me this seems a bit wrong and generally disturbed. This isnt the sort of thing you sing about!!

What are your fealings?

But disturbing lyrics are fun! XD; I'd rather hear that sort of stuff than all the Pop Idol/"YO MAH HOMIES IN DAH CLUB"/boring samey chartrock kind of music out there any day.

Oh, and if you think that's "wrong and disturbed", have a listen to Necro or Cannibal Corpse :naughty:

i like his music but i have to say he is a bit ODD! lol he stripped on stage at a concert and when i mean strip i mean showing his arse for the whole audience to see he also called mika a twat:thumbdown:

Ah yes, the Patrick's Arse Controversy... that amused me, that did :naughty:

so i am guessing u read perez hilton also:naughty: or did u find out on ur own

There was a whole thread on here about it, I'm sure... (unless it was part of the Patrick Wolf appreciation thread-type-thinger, 'twas a while back now and I can't remember!)

What are your fealings?

I think it's an exceptional song. It's really personal and also very smart in so many ways. And it's a pretty fascinating look at something that yes, generally is not talked about, from three different points of view--which we hardly ever get when the issue is discussed elsewhere.

--Jack

But disturbing lyrics are fun! XD; I'd rather hear that sort of stuff than all the Pop Idol/"YO MAH HOMIES IN DAH CLUB"/boring samey chartrock kind of music out there any day.

Oh, and if you think that's "wrong and disturbed", have a listen to Necro or Cannibal Corpse :naughty:

Or Shiina Ringo's "La Salle De Bain" :blink:

• 1 month later...