2008 - Reports/photos/videos/afterparty For Brixton 28-02-2008

carrinevie

This is where secret gigs would solve some issues .. but then again people ill be left out

As long as things are organised in a good manner then it can be accepted

Good point. I think you're right, if things are arranged in plenty of time, I mean especially between Mika's ppl and the MFC, then things will be fine.

Sunny side up, ppl!! :flowers2:

It's a shame it all turned sour for some people, I would have loved to have been in there with you all.... (especially as there are some well creepy weird people in Brixton after dark!!!). I'm pleased for everyone who got in... sad for the people who didn't get to see Mika, happy for the ones that did. There should be a more organised way of doing this kind of thing, but maybe Mika just decided to do it!!! I dunno.... but let's hope he'll do it again... and we all learn from this experience and maybe share a little.

are there autiumn dates annoiunced already?? WTF??:shocked:

no hun.. just wishfull thinking.... but If I hear anything.. the MFC will be the first to know....

oh gosh - this is till going and now I feel guilty -

luckily Rose & Avoca had got me a wrist band as I am a long time mfcer and have been to anumber of gigs but couldnt get there early on thurs! also they didint know I was coming with my mate - who also loves Mika but loves running moew - so is more likely to be on the Runners world forum!! and our girls!!

Luckily as John the manager recognised me he was really kind enough to give us 3 more wristbands - or the three of them would have been sat in the car for an hour while I chatted with the band and the rest of MFC!!!

All I can say is that I didnt ask John til 8.30 ish and it was v quiet at the stage door then.

yes my daughter met Mika - but no photos - just a quick signing and then we left!

Soooorrrrrrryyyy!!

I don't know you very well hun, only spoke to you brieftly at Hammy, but I don't think you have anything to be sorry about. :thumb_yello:

Things happened and I don't think anyone should be made to feel guilty about it.

You had a great time.... good for you... glad you did.

:punk:

It's a shame it all turned sour for some people, I would have loved to have been in there with you all.... (especially as there are some well creepy weird people in Brixton after dark!!!). I'm pleased for everyone who got in... sad for the people who didn't get to see Mika, happy for the ones that did. There should be a more organised way of doing this kind of thing, but maybe Mika just decided to do it!!! I dunno.... but let's hope he'll do it again... and we all learn from this experience and maybe share a little.

Aww Andi - you gotta love Brixton - great place!! Just walk with yr heads up and shoulders back and you ll be fine!

oh right "sorry" :roftl: but im just gonna carry on for a wee while thinking u were speaking about john there :naughty:

Ekkkkk nooooo , not a good time for me to piss him off :roftl:

Good point. I think you're right, if things are arranged in plenty of time, I mean especially between Mika's ppl and the MFC, then things will be fine.

The sign of things to come hopefully ... :thumb_yello:

Agree , are you talking about me staggering around after dark??:roftl:

Yeh I agree .. very worrying

OK I'm going to go on a bit now but I have a lot to say and I think this is better than lots of little posts that are meaningless....

I think that Mika's gig was incredible, so that is what we really all should be concentrating on. I think it's sad we all mention the negatives and not what positives have come out of it.

So, I'll remind you....

1) Stuck in the Middle was an amazing song, with trumpets and scatting!

2) Love Today = Shirtless = Amazing :wub2:

3) Mika got flowers...Awww how sweet!

4) Mika snogged the Gray Skelly - hehe what a laugh, and how we all wanted to be that Skelly!!

5) Relax Encore was absolutely amazing!

6) People getting pulled up on stage during Lollipop looked like such fun!

There were obviously loads more, but they were the one's that stood out for me!

As for the afterparty I didn't go as I had school to go to, therefore wasn't front in the queue, but of all of the posts I have read I sense a lot of disagreement.

It's really not my place to comment as I wasn't there as I said....

However, I have an opinion on everything! Umm...I think that although debate is healthy ect ect, I believe that the music is what we should focus on, and definitely the positives over the negatives, and whatever happened that night, should now be behind us, and whatever happened happened.

Arguing over it will not make things better, and people should jst reflect on what they have or havn't done.

Basing on what I have heard it seems unlikely that this will happen again, and if he does I would imagine it will be more organised with people he knows and with less people - which is a shame, as people who havn't met Mika but queued for ages got a chance to see and maybe meet the mann himself and some people ruined that, and consequently may have ruined a chance for others that havn't met him to meet him.

As I understand it the party was supposed to be civilised and normal - it wasn't a signing and some people abused the fact that they had been given the privelage, and I think that WHATVER MIKA ASKED FOR SHOULD HAVE BEEN DONE. After all he was the reason you all queued up for for so long.

I also think that the numbering was fair in the fact that it was the people who had been queuing the longest. Evenn though many, including myself, couldn't queue up for various reasons (school, parents, work ect), therefore missing out on the chance of the party, it was utterly fair, and I don't think I should have gone because I wasn't one of the ones out there in the early hours. The same applies to those people going out on shopping trips but keeping their place in the queue, that was also unfair.

Please don't blame foreigners, yep, some were foreign but equally some weren't. People are saying that the whole thing gave MFC a bad name, but likewise blaming people from certain countries gave that country a bad name too, and just as the MFC dosn't deserve a bad name, neither does that country.

I am sorry for rambling on, although I felt this 50 something page thread (although it might be 60 by the time I have fiished writing this!!!) needed summing up!!

So, overall focus on the positives, the past is the past, and hopefully if something like this happens again in the future, we can all look forward to it being better, more organised. Look at thursday as a learning experience!!

I hope I make sense for a 13 year old!!! Catherine xxx

no it wouldnt have as no-one except 2 french girls knew i was until the day of the gig !

Hello everyone! I'm back home! I have SOOO many funny stories to tell that I don't even know how to start. :blink: I had a really good conversation with Martin. :lol3: He's so lovely! I want to join his fan clan! :wub2: He wants to come to Finland sooo bad! :glasses3: Who's Mika by the way? :fisch:

Hi

I bet I know who you are. You were asking Marting did he see the Finnish flag and he couldn't understand you, weren't you. He was really sweet and funny and then he signed it. :roftl:

Was that you?

Yes, Yes, Yes i do understand about people having to go to the toilet, go get something to eat, etc (THANK GOD FOR NANDO'S BEING THERE!), But not for hours on end and then coming back with loads of shopping. I think that issue should of been adressed by someone...Maybe next time though.:)

Hi

Looking at your siggy, we've been to several of the same gigs :)

Im unsure .. from what I saw it wasnt nice

I loved Kensington .. I saw Freddie Mercurys home!!! :punk::wub2:

Asun & i were yesterday morning there..It was her first time so it was very special..

Freds, i missed longer chats with you on Thursday. In spain the next time, maybeeeeeee?

I didn´t read nothing yet...As Diana said what happened, happened. It was a tough week in all the senses. This is a learning experience for future events.

I was lucky to be with Mika but it wasn´t my intention at first because i was drinking free champagne but he saw me, called me and we started talking for a bit (he´s coming in the summer, yaaaaaaaaaaaaay :punk:). Sorry for the ones who didn´t get their chance for the different incidents.

It was nice to share this experience with all of you :wub2:

Asun & i were yesterday morning there..It was her first time so it was very special..

Freds, i missed longer chats with you on Thursday. In spain the next time, maybeeeeeee?

I didn´t read nothing yet...As Diana said what happened, happened. It was a tough week in all the senses. This is a learning experience for future events.

I was lucky to be with Mika but it wasn´t my intention at first because i was drinking free champagne but he saw me, called me and we started talking for a bit (he´s coming in the summer, yaaaaaaaaaaaaay :punk:). Sorry for the ones who didn´t get their chance for the different incidents.

It was nice to share this experience with all of you :wub2:

Yes I it was a bid mad to get a night out sorted .. it will happen Im sorry for that

It felt amazing going to Garden Lodge ... very very emotional for me