2008 - Reports/photos/videos/afterparty For Brixton 28-02-2008

carrinevie

Why On Earth Do You Have To Keep Speaking Of Nationalities????

There Are Bad Fans In All Countries.

Signings In England Have Turned Bad Before Just Like Anywhere Else.

I Went To A Uk Gig And The People Who Misbehaved Then Were Not Foreigners.

I Warned You All Three Times Now.

One More Comment On That Nationality Issue And I Start Biting, Ok?

IT WAS JUST A BIG ISSUE FOR A LOT OF PEOPLE ON THE NIGHT THATS ALL..NOT IN A BAD WAY..SUPPOSE ITS HARD TO EXPLAIN ON HERE WITHOUT IT ALL SOUNDING AMBIGUOUS...WE SPEAK ON MYSPACE YOU KNOW I HAVE NO ISSUES WITH "NATIONALITYS" I JUST RESPONDED TO SOMEBODY ELSES POST

I can yell too:

JE HEBT HET NIVEAU VAN EEN POFFERTJE ZO DONDER MAAR OP OMDAT JE STINKT UIT JE BEK ALS EEN AAP UIT Z'N REET BILNAAD ACROBAAT STRONTKOP

See, we can all yell, its just not going to get anyone anywhere - go to the relax thread! Now!

You know I can speak dutch, don't you? :naughty:

You're not the only one :roftl: :roftl: :roftl:

can someone post more pics and videos of the afterparty it seems like no one took videos or pics of it i only see when he met them before the gig:blink:

well said! people stop ranting and give us pics!!!! :naughty:

ok, just a quick report from me, guess most has been reported already anyway. btw, is there a thread about the gig itself too? because this one is called afterparty reports?

well, for me personally the evening was perfect. brilliant show, being on stage during lollipop (btw, is there a video of it on youtube yet? haven't found one...), then the afterparty where mika mentioned me and came over to me to say hi. but it also made me sad to see what happened at the afterparty. at the beginning, mika was so happy and still full of energy, although he had just finished the show. after signing and taking pix for about half an hour, he asked for a break. but people didn't listen, they just kept asking for autographs and pix. i think he just would've needed 2 minutes without cameras flashing in his face all the time, the he'd been able to go on. but it just wasn't possible. this made me so sad, and you could see how he got more and more tired, exhausted and annoyed during the time he was there. i'm lucky that he came over to me after about 45 minutes, he said hi, i asked him whether his neck hurt cause he was touching it all the time, he said he's tired. i said sth along the lines of i'd like to get a pic too, but if he's tired it's no problem, we'd just do it some other time, but then he said let's take a pic. then i stepped back again, because i had my moment with him and i was happy. if everyone would've done it like this, there wouldn't have been a problem. it just made me really sad to see him so exhausted and tired because of all of the pushing, but still so friendly and nice, because he did this to thank his fans who had been supporting him all along. and that's what he gets for it, not even a 1-minute-break. :sad:

don't have much time now, will report more on monday or tuesday, and post pix.

was fantastic to meet all of you!!! :wub2:

i said sth along the lines of i'd like to get a pic too, but if he's tired it's no problem, we'd just do it some other time, but then he said let's take a pic. then i stepped back again, because i had my moment with him and i was happy. if everyone would've done it like this, there wouldn't have been a problem.

That's exactly it and that's why I'm not trying to make people like Blue and Rose feel guilty for spending some time with him. That wasn't the problem. It was people who wouldn't step away from him once he was done talking to them.

That's exactly it and that's why I'm not trying to make people like Blue and Rose feel guilty for spending some time with him. That wasn't the problem. It was people who wouldn't step away from him once he was done talking to them.

Besides, feeling guilty doesn't change anything.

What happened, happened. All we can do now is reflect on our behaviour and try to look at ways to prevent this from happening in the future (assuming another one of these situations will occur).

Can't remember if I've posted in here before now or not .... has taken me ages to keep on reading it :shocked:

Anyway just glad this night happened so I have the joy to stare at this pic...

London2008415.jpg

Can't remember who took it - and am not going to go back and look at 64 pages again. Whoever you were your a star :mf_lustslow:

I don't know if this kind of thing had had happened at Hammersmith - that even though I'd been their kind of early - that I would have deserved a wristband. I would certainly not have been one of those just arriving grabbing them. Maybe I should be more about looking out for number one, but I'm more about looking out for others. :wink2:

It seems Mika wanted them to go to those who'd followed him from the beginning - and quite right too - and not to those who'd queued early on that day. Though most of those are them anyway :punk:

1am - your insane. I can understand it though. I've queued for a gig in Southend from 8.00am and it was snowing. :naughty:

I still have many more Mika experiences to get under my belt before I'm anywhere near you guys. I've been to one concert - and was fortunate to speak to him for all of 10 secs. :wub2:

I swear I read someone had said they'd seen him 18 times and yet to speak to him. I'm sure you'll get your chance - you deserve it after all that.

I'm lucky I live in the UK as he seems to tour alot here - when he does tour that is.

I just really hope he goes to Australia and Argentina (after spending most of the day at Hammy reading my Year In Cartoon Motion book and all the messages asking him to go to Argentina - he'd bloody better go now).

I really hope this didn't put him off doing something like this again. As maybe if he does again - I'll have seen him live alot more and be more deserving of a chance to go.

One things for certain I'll be going to more than one bloody gig this time.

*Glowers at Empty Wallet with moths flying out of it*

Anyway I hope all of you who did go and were disappointed will eventually feel better about it, and those who had the time of their lives will cherish it, because really not many artists would want to spend an hour and a half with a crowd of fans. Mika is one of a kind. Hope he stays that way.

Oh and please keep posting pics, vids, reports etc - for all us losers who didn't go to feel jealous over.

Hi everyone!!!I only arrived home last night at about 2am! (after two delayed flights to Dublin) and the wind was so strong!!:shocked:

But for a first gig I could never have asked for more!

It was probably one of the best nights of my life!! I made sure I didn't get my hopes up for anything, to save dissapointment.

But I got more than I could have ever imagined!!!:mf_lustslow:

I got some pics of him arriving: (So close!!!):D

Here's two that have loaded so far:

MikaConcertLondon020.jpg

MikaConcertLondon021.jpg

He looked so amazing in the flesh!! His hair was :wub2:

more in a min..........

I don't know - I think that pic just sums up why I like him so much now.

He seems such a genuinely nice guy. Or he's a very very good actor and has us all fooled.....

Just love that inane grin of his.

*Sigh*

I don't know - I think that pic just sums up why I like him so much now.

He seems such a genuinely nice guy. Or he's a very very good actor and has us all fooled.....

Just love that inane grin of his.

*Sigh*

I didn't get to meet him, but just being near him during the concert, there's something so refreshingly "normal" about him..... he's such a genuine person, there's something really pure about him and that to me is very...I dunno, comforting! :mf_lustslow::blush-anim-cl: