2008 - Reports/photos/videos/afterparty For Brixton 28-02-2008

carrinevie

So nice seeing you!!! Too bad we couldn't have those drinkies we had talked about... Sure I enjoyed the choccies! And the little bit of music you brought:punk: Next time we really need to party!!!!!!!!!

Yeh I turned up ready to party harddddddddddddd and didnt realise so much was wrong :boxed:

We wil next time .. defo , also after seeing so many people upset outside I wasnt really in the mood

Yeh I turned up ready to party harddddddddddddd and didnt realise so much was wrong :boxed:

We wil next time .. defo , also after seeing so many people upset outside I wasnt really in the mood

Great to see you back Fred :thumb_yello:

Thanx for the videos!!!!!!!!!!!:D I taped HMDYLM, but the sound was off!:( Thanx this means a lot!!:D

Glad you like it:thumb_yello:

Yeah, I reckon so, none of us were really in the mood for party anyway, so that HAS to make next time extra special!:punk: :punk:

Great to see you back Fred :thumb_yello:

It was so good to meet you, Wendi, although we could only talk for a minute or so while I was packed in that lowsy queu. Hope we get the chance to have a proper chat sometime soon. And thanks a lot for the reports, I'm soooooooo happy for you!!!

Here are vids of HMDYLM http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=ZMh7xHcYAQo and MI http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=TYMFQt3KEp0 Enjoy!

I don't think I can write a report on everything that happened to me during the week, I'm so emotional about the whole thing, it was too big for me to express in words. I'll just say THANK YOU to all my friends and especially to my guardian angels (Allegra:wub2: I love you), in and out of the MFC (A., thank you again for making me feel special:wub2: ). Loved meeting everybody, and though there was tension during the queues, all and all it was an extraordinary experience. I'm not mentioning anybody's name because I don't want to let anyone out, but you all know who you are. I also want to apologize for being such a pest sometimes. You're the best friends anyone can ever have. LOVE YOU SO MUCH!!

Ansu, you're back!! Thanks for the vids, they are great!!

Freddie it was nice to meet you and thanks for the chocolates !!!

Sorry that I didn't go for a drink but my plane was very early in that morning !

I wish I would have come but maybe it will happen some day

Freddie it was nice to meet you and thanks for the chocolates !!!

Sorry that I didn't go for a drink but my plane was very early in that morning !

I wish I would have come but maybe it will happen some day

Same back to you hun :thumb_yello:

We didnt do drinks in the end .. .em cooked pasta :thumb_yello:

We will have many more times to have fun

It was so good to meet you, Wendi, although we could only talk for a minute or so while I was packed in that lowsy queu. Hope we get the chance to have a proper chat sometime soon. And thanks a lot for the reports, I'm soooooooo happy for you!!!

It was good to meet you too - hopefully for longer next time!! :thumb_yello:

Nice to "see" you too , hope you had fun :thumb_yello:

Im just catching up after all that has happened :boxed:

I had a lovely time Fred thanks - hope you get to have some input on what

has happened - you were there, and you probably had lots of folks

looking to you to help!!! :boxed:

Wont post here again though - dont want to go :ot:

did any one take a pic of the mysterious fortune penniman:naughty: i have yet to see him:wub2:

I hope if anyone has pics, they don't post them. Yasmine specifically asked for hers not to be posted on the internet.

Yeah the whole aftershow thing.... I just hope Mika didn't get so frustrated that he won't do it again.... i mean especially since it was the first time they decided to do sth like that, it was a learning experience, and if he decides to do it again then hopefully it'll be managed better and with the MFC fully official by then, I'm sure it'll all work out better :thumb_yello:

It was good to meet you too - hopefully for longer next time!! :thumb_yello:

I had a lovely time Fred thanks - hope you get to have some input on what

has happened - you were there, and you probably had lots of folks

looking to you to help!!! :boxed:

Wont post here again though - dont want to go :ot:

Yeh I could help with the security / access side as I had chatted about that but the aftershow thing was a megaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa suprise :shocked:

from this part I guessed mika first wanted to meet only the people who followed him "from the very beginning"...I'm still a bit gutted for what happened,for him and my friends who felt a bit betrayed for the random wristbands distribution..surely I was lucky to get my pass, and i think i somewhat deserved it...besides I was confused, and at one point I thought it was better to give mine to some "since feb2007 fan"...but there was no reason to feel guilty coz it was not my fault.

I'm trying to remember only the happy moments but you can't deny this was a wasted opportunity for eachothers, Mika &the gang and the supposed "less than 70" fans:sad:

Well, did he mean people who have been in QUE from the very beginning, or people who have been a FAN from the very beginning?

Besides, feeling guilty doesn't change anything.

What happened, happened. All we can do now is reflect on our behaviour and try to look at ways to prevent this from happening in the future (assuming another one of these situations will occur).

Like we were saying in the concert conduct thread, this is a time for reflection, and most of all being honest with yourself.

If people don't want to admit on the forum that they may have been one of the persons crowding him, I don't blame them, but there's no harm in a little self reflection.

Edited by babspanky

greta im really glad you posted this

so now i cant say i was more intitled to the band i was given than other people & it wasnt meant for people who tour more than others or are known to mika by name , it was meant for people who has been from the begining & if you look ive been here from 23/02/07 so i dont feel so guilty now for getting my band from john :thumb_yello:

Yeh I was wondering that!!!

it sounded to me like he might have meant in QUE from the beginning? I really can't see Mika saying something like he only really cares about meeting the fans who have been fans for a while.

Like we were saying in the concert conduct thread, this is a time for reflection, and most of all being honest with yourself.

If people don't want to admit on the forum that they may have been one of the persons crowding him, and I don't blame them, but there's no harm in a little self reflection.

I agree 100%.

Well, did he mean people who have been in QUE from the very beginning, or people who have been a FAN from the very beginning?

oops i never thought of that one but i was still intitled to it anyway i was number 67 & i could take a picture to prove it :naughty: thought that pen wasnt a perm pen :shocked::roftl:

If the idea was to reward the first 75 or so people in the queue then it should of been just that .. but a system should of been put in place to organise it

If it was to reward others ... then I think the MFC should of been invloved

He said .. well part of what he said .. it was to reward the people that have travelled to see him etc etc

Tough one this .. especially the way it was done

it sounded to me like he might have meant in QUE from the beginning? I really can't see Mika saying something like he only really cares about meeting the fans who have been fans for a while.

I don't agree, I think he either meant the latter, or both, otherwise why would they have given out more bands when they realised who hadn't got one?

In fact his mother said to Jemma and I that she had seen us so many times and we had been following him a lot, and that was why she gave us a pass.

oops i never thought of that one but i was still intitled to it anyway i was number 67 & i could take a picture to prove it :naughty: thought that pen wasnt a perm pen :shocked::roftl:

The only way i see it is that the girl (sorry, i forgot who it was!) he was talking to has no way of knowing who had been a fan for how long (unless it was MFCers only), but she probably had an idea of who had been waiting longer. It makes more sense for him to want the first people in line to get to the AP than having someone go through the que and picking people from the back even who had been fans for longer. I've been a big fan for quite some time, but I only knew about these fans sites a few months ago and i was on the Mika sounds one for a while before i found this one.

Either way, we can all agree that everything went screwy, but the concerts was fantastic nontheless!!!!! and thats what really matters, everything else is extra:wink2:

than again, i could be wrong:blink: :wink2:

butthen again it doesnt mean you're a bigger fan if you've met mika before or if you've been a fan for longer

I think it's about who mika wanted to meet..then every fan sure wont miss a chance to have an intimate chat with him, but that's another point