2008 - Reports/photos/videos/afterparty For Brixton 28-02-2008

carrinevie

That's just some of us sarcastically exaggerating and poking fun at the fact that Mika focused on Christine a lot during his performance of Love Today on the 26th (there are witnesses). :fisch:

lol..........

I've read through all of the threads recently causing all the commotion...over the past few days.

But I'm not going to state my opinion though because I wasn't there......

I'm very glad for Freddie and some other members that got to see Mika at the special afterparty.....it looks like you all had an amazing time.:thumb_yello:

I just hope Mika doesn't neglect us Australians next time around.....

I mean it would be really unfair if he blatantly just started off his next tour with England,U.S,Europe and Canada only.......

Us other fans are here as well......missing out on everything.....even if I have liked him since before he released his album to the world.

not that anyone will even notice my post.....

I've read through all of the threads recently causing all the commotion...over the past few days.

But I'm not going to state my opinion though because I wasn't there......

I'm very glad for Freddie and some other members that got to see Mika at the special afterparty.....it looks like you all had an amazing time.:thumb_yello:

I mean it would be really unfair if he blatantly just started off his next tour with England,U.S,Europe and Canada only.......

Us other fans are here as well......missing out on everything.....even if I have liked him since before he released his album to the world.

i noticed! :biggrin2:

Oh.My.Gawd..

Sorry for the rather delayed reply.. I'm new :)

Backstage passes?! Partying with Mika?!

*Cries*

Lol why wasn't I there.

Fab to hear some of you were though! Bet it was amazing..

I'm going green with jealousy.

xx

I, for one, actively notice any complaining about his neglect of Oz. :fisch:

Oh.My.Gawd..

Sorry for the rather delayed reply.. I'm new :)

Backstage passes?! Partying with Mika?!

*Cries*

Lol why wasn't I there.

Fab to hear some of you were though! Bet it was amazing..

I'm going green with jealousy.

xx

Wakey Wakey Sophie :roftl:

Maybe it wasn't planned a month ago but that doesn't mean there was no planning involved or that Mika didn't know about it (which is what I've been getting from other sources). Cherisse was indicating on Tuesday that something special was being planned for Thursday and you can tell from the video that Mika was concerned that the wristbands had not been given to the right people. He obviously knew about it in advance of the party and didn't want the wristbands going out to random people.

Well wait, even if it WAS a last-minute thing, that doesn't mean Mika also didn't try to restrict the guest list due to his own specifications (we saw that he did), or wanted to make the best of it and have it be a casual party rather than a promo signing type deal where he'd be mobbed for the whole night.

It could have been got together at the last minute and Mika could still have wanted it to become a chance to interact with dedicated fans in a laid-back environment.

--Jack

Well yes, obviously he knew about "some" getting the passes, but I don't think he knew that it was such a large event...Then again we're all going on second hand info, and the only first hand info that I have is what his mum said to me, which was that we were all there thanks to Olga.

I got the impression that this was done by his mum, and he kinda accepted it all as a "done deal". The way it usually seems to go when it comes to him and his mum:naughty:

In any case, I never thought or tried to imply that, once he knew what was going on, he wanted the bracelets to go to just anyone.

I'm quite sure and totally agree with you that he would have wanted his "diehard" fans there, seeing as he had to choose a certain amount of people.

My post was mainly to illustrate the fact that this event may have not been as "planned" or "officially thought up" as it may have seemed, and therefore why it wasn't very well organised.

Even the security guy thought that we were going to the actual vip room upstairs, but then due to the large numbers we ended up staying in the bar downstairs.

And that was decided quite late:roftl:.

Anyway, the why doesn't have anything to do with what happenned in the room in any case, but I wanted to say it just for the sake of clarity.

Thanks for sharing the Relax encore, Sariflor. The energy in the room must have been amazing! You guys didn't even give him the chance to sing. And the drum entrance and sped-up ending were awesome.

No prob! I'll upload it somewhere so you guys can download the good quality version, it's far far better.

The place was about to collapse, the energy was INCREDIBLE!!

:wub2: It was truly amazing.

I don't think he had the energy left to sing and jump around at full force. He gave this show everything he had. It was awesome. :punk:

Hehe, I think you're right there. He looked knackered.

Oooh lucky you

I'm sure Sara has a video of it, I'll just wait

Actually I think I don't, as Petra was filming it all next to me and I was concentrating on other songs, so I thought what's the point.

In a "in one second he looked deep into my soul from across the room despite having a hundred people between us" kind of way?

Hehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehhe- I think those were her exact words,lol!

At first, she thought about people who travelled for seeing the gigs, like in Italy, Düsseldorf, Luxembourg, Brussels and Paris/London... Biche have to tell me all the details but not yet..

Anyway, that's the same story that you and Niki heard !

Looks like many got that story! Thanks for the info

No, in a Petra and Sariflor going WTF did you do? Why does Mika keep coming over here and staring at you? kind of way.

It kind of freaked me out.

You loved every second of it!!!!

And I totally understand. I still can't get over Toronto where he kept looking straight at me, and I watch the videos over and over just to see him looking. Sigh, pathetic, I know...

Thursday was also good with some eye contact for me, but nothing compared to Toronto. That must have been "the gig" in that sense. Although the tshirt thing pretty much made up for it:wub2:. I never, never, NEVER expected that top to turn up on stage. Hell, I didn't even really expect him to wear it!!! Let alone on stage!!!!!!!

Sorry guys I keep going on about it but please understand- I'm blooming amazed.

Mrs Penniman said that she gave Jemma and I passes because we had seen him so many times and deserved it, to which I replied, but that's our choice, to travel, and spend our money in this way. I don't expect to be rewarded for it, and I thanked her.

Next we'll be handing out medals according to how far people have travelled.

Note to Christine - get your spare room ready, I want a medal.

Bab- You're such a great person, and you deserve everything.

That is one of the reasons why I was so p-d off on Monday when you didn't get your front spot.Grrrrrr.

It's on. I'd like to see anyone beat Melbourne to London.

Well, I reckon London-Toronto kinda gets to that level,no?:wink2:

Okay...so I've never gotten eye contact at a gig. Not really. The closest I got was being beside Christine. So all those ones that I might have thought were mine...were really for her.

Oh Suzy! I'm sure you got some in Toronto!!! You did! Plus your hand touching makes up for any amount of non-eye contact, right?

Was the worst video award for Big Girl? Cos..that would be well deserved...

Very random post, but I totally agree. I never liked that video, I find it a bit of a shambles.

i got one bit too

i remember he gave you one and you went AAALLLLL girlie!!! and I prodded you and I said "happy now?"

and then he threw fake snow over us and it went down my top. and my sister said "mika touched that snow". and i was like "wow - in a way, mika almost kinda sorta touched me up" *obviously not really lol, BUT THAT SNOW MUST HAVE HIS FINGERPRINTS ON IT *

Caz, you're funny.

But ahem, do you realise what could be understood by the bold parts in your post?:roftl:

That also took me by surprise. I'm pretty sure he's never done that before.

Petra tells me she has some video. I'm sure there's a whole lot of "OMFG!!!" and other expletives on the audio.

There's also another interesting bit in there that is not fit for public consumption so I don't think this video is ever going to see the light of day.

I was also surprised when he threw the snow at us, cause I had never seen that before. I can't wait to "hear" the video, lol!!

I think she'll edit it so it can be viewed by the public......

I got the impression that this was done by his mum, and he kinda accepted it all as a "done deal". The way[/color] it usually seems to go when it comes to him and his mum:naughty:

and so it should be - Boys love there mums :)

But ahem, do you realise what could be understood by the bold parts in your post?:roftl:

oh god - Mika the coke head!!!! :boxed:

Hope to upload my pics from the party tomorrow when I get into office- cant do it at home cos the stooopid dog ate the lead from the camera to the lap top!!!

have a card reader in office so can do there!

ok gotta go - need to kids and hubby to lavish and spoil me!!

In any case, I never thought or tried to imply that, once he knew what was going on, he wanted the bracelets to go to just anyone.

I'm quite sure and totally agree with you that he would have wanted his "diehard" fans there, seeing as he had to choose a certain number

How do you think he wanted to choose the diehard fans though, and make sure they didnt go to "just anyone" People he recognised, people who had been queueing, people who have been to a lot of concerts, people who had like him since the beginning of his career...what do you think???:blink:

Hope to upload my pics from the party tomorrow when I get into office- cant do it at home cos the stooopid dog ate the lead from the camera to the lap top!!!

quote]

LMAOOOOOOOO

:roftl: :roftl: :roftl:

How do you think he wanted to choose the diehard fans though, and make sure they didnt go to "just anyone" People he recognised, people who had been queueing, people who have been to a lot of concerts, people who had like him since the beginning of his career...what do you think???:blink:

I honestly don't "know". I have my theories, but then again I don't know if I'm right or not.

Mainly, I think that the only way he would know how to do this would be for the faces he recognises, like he said, but I can see the cracks in that system and obviously there would be more fans that can be classed as "diehard" that he hasn't seen much, so I have no idea.

That's the inherent problem of doing such a thing, isn't it? How do you choose who? Who do you want there?

Etc etc....

quote]

LMAOOOOOOOO

:roftl: :roftl: :roftl:

I honestly don't "know". I have my theories, but then again I don't know if I'm right or not.

Mainly, I think that the only way he would know how to do this would be for the faces he recognises, like he said, but I can see the cracks in that system and obviously there would be more fans that can be classed as "diehard" that he hasn't seen much, so I have no idea.

That's the inherent problem of doing such a thing, isn't it? How do you choose who? Who do you want there?

Etc etc....

Exactly there's a problem with every way:

Faces he recognises: What if he has fans who always come to his concerts but he hasnt seen

Concert Going: You live in Australia and cant get to concerts, or cant afford to go a lot, or have school or work or something similar.

Queue: Hmm, this seems fair. Anyone got problems with queue places?

Time being a fan: New fans can love Mika just as much as old ones.

I like the idea of MFC cards to show at the entrance to get privelages etc

OK, whats the whole thing with Mika loving Christine? (If true, go Christine! lol):thumb_yello:

Oh how I love this rumour. Someone please spread it Mika's way. :naughty:

I see Jennie, Kamiva and some other MFCers on stage here =)

XXXbrixtonstageinvade.jpg

I think that's Yop climbing on stage at the bottom right.

This pic reminds me that I got even more eye contact from Aurelien during Lollipop than I did from Mika. We really bonded during our special moment and I got a hug afterwards...unlike Mika who just went back to acting coy and disinterested once he got offstage. :sneaky2:

I really don't think Mika is going to tour the US/Canada before Australia. If he does play dates in North America first for logistical reasons, I hope that the Australian dates will at least be announced at that point so you have your tickets in hand and you know he's coming.

My post was mainly to illustrate the fact that this event may have not been as "planned" or "officially thought up" as it may have seemed, and therefore why it wasn't very well organised.

I understand. I was really irked by something I'd heard through private channels that I don't think is accurate so I wanted to say something here since you brought up the subject.

I was also surprised when he threw the snow at us, cause I had never seen that before. I can't wait to "hear" the video, lol!!

I think she'll edit it so it can be viewed by the public......

It's going to be hard to maintain my reputation as a sarcastic indifferent bitch once that leaks out. :blush-anim-cl:

Thursday was also good with some eye contact for me, but nothing compared to Toronto. That must have been "the gig" in that sense. Although the tshirt thing pretty much made up for it:wub2:. I never, never, NEVER expected that top to turn up on stage. Hell, I didn't even really expect him to wear it!!! Let alone on stage!!!!!!!

Sorry guys I keep going on about it but please understand- I'm blooming amazed.

You don't ever have to apologize for being over the moon that he wore your t-shirt hun..... :wink2:

I mean I gave him some necklaces and a bracelet I'd made him on Monday night and if I ever saw him later on wearing those I would die of shock... :wub2:

Very happy - but dead none the less.

He get's so much stuff from us, he can't possibly even look at it all - let alone wear it. I have no idea what he did with that bag I gave him once he'd got home or wherever he was going. He could have thrown it away for all I know. :thumbdown:

It took me ages to make them for him, but he can't keep it all. He must need a new house by now... :shocked:

Your one of the few people like Lady Godiva who now know he loved what you made him.

Enjoy it ..... all your hard work deserves it

It's going to be hard to maintain my reputation as a sarcastic indifferent bitch once that leaks out. :blush-anim-cl:

Think it's time you fill me in on this one....*waits for PM* :wink2:

This pic reminds me that I got even more eye contact from Aurelien during Lollipop than I did from Mika. We really bonded during our special moment and I got a hug afterwards...

I must say I was very impressed with Aurelien after these gigs, I thought he was really really sweet and brave. Kudos to him for trying to straighten things up:thumb_yello:

unlike Mika who just went back to acting coy and disinterested once he got offstage. :sneaky2:

I think he's just playing hard to get:naughty:

I understand. I was really irked by something I'd heard through private channels that I don't think is accurate so I wanted to say something here since you brought up the subject.

I think that this is the problem:We've all heard little stories through people, and in the end nobody KNOWS what the real, full truth is. Very complicated.

In any case, I stand by what I said about thinking that nobody should be harrassing his family in order to get privileges, backstage passes, or whatever. I find it disrespectful and abusive:blush-anim-cl: .

It's going to be hard to maintain my reputation as a sarcastic indifferent bitch once that leaks out.

Ahem....not sure anyone buys that anymore Christine, after seeing you in full Fangirl mode at the latest gigs:roftl:.

You don't ever have to apologize for being over the moon that he wore your t-shirt hun..... :wink2:

I mean I gave him some necklaces and a bracelet I'd made him on Monday night and if I ever saw him later on wearing those I would die of shock... :wub2:

Very happy - but dead none the less.

He get's so much stuff from us, he can't possibly even look at it all - let alone wear it. I have no idea what he did with that bag I gave him once he'd got home or wherever he was going. He could have thrown it away for all I know.

It took me ages to make them for him, but he can't keep it all. He must need a new house by now...

Your one of the few people like Lady Godiva who now know he loved what you made him.

Enjoy it ..... all your hard work deserves it

Thanks!

But you know, don't lose hope. When I gave him the top it was November, and he was not speaking as he was sick, so I didn't even know what his reaction to it was, hence I had no clue if he'd liked it or not.

And even then, I never thought that even if he did like it, it meant that he would actually wear it!! AND on stage!!

And now suddenly, he wears it in Jan-Feb in the Us and the Uk....Believe me, I had NEVER expected that.

I thought the same as you: that my top had gone into some obscure storage box, and that it was the end of it.

So I guess I'm trying to say that he may well like them, and even wear them. Even if you don't get to see him wearing them that is, cause he may do it in his "normal" private time.

It's very likely!

What did LadyGodiva make for him, and how do you know he loves it??? Hehe, I am a curious one, some say I am nosy

:emot-sad: