2008 - Reports/photos/videos/afterparty For Brixton 28-02-2008

carrinevie

so, the 3rd and final part of my report...

after he had been in the bar for about 45 minutes, mika came over to say hi to me. it felt so very special, i was so glad that i took the risk of not talking with him at all instead of pushing through the crowd or queuing all the time for to talk with him. don't know why he came over, he did that with several people (at least i know of queenie), but not with all whose faces he knew, no idea why, maybe they were standing too far away and it was the trying-to-make-eye-contact thing that helped me...

anyway, i was standing behind the crowd once again, mika saw me and spotted a gap in the crowd, stretched out his hand and walked towards me with 2 or 3 long steps. we shook hands and said hi, and cause i saw that he touched his shoulder/the back of his neck all the time, i asked him whether his neck hurt, he said he was tired. then i said sth like that i'd love to get a pic with him too, but if he's tired it wouldn't be a problem if not, we'd just do it some other time. he could've easily said no, meaning that he woulnd't have had to react to that at all and said sth else instead, but he didn't but instead asked who would take the pic. i really wanted to take the chance to get a photo with him, cause usually it's not possible, but i would've felt guilty just to ask for one cause he was so tired and had asked for a break already 20 minutes ago, which he didn't get. but the way it happened, that i told him my wish and gave him the option to say no, and he said yes, was perfect - i got a wonderful pic with him, i was happy and didn't feel guilty, cause i had showed him that i cared about how he felt.

here's the photo, and another one from the afterparty on which i recognize some of you guys. :wink2:

london28-28.jpg

mellody02.jpg

after taking the pic, someone else asked him for one, and he asked me to take it.

later i saw john standing at the door and went over to thank him for the afterparty and the champagne. :bleh: so i stood near the door when mika left, and told him "bye, thanx for doing this!" when he passed by, and he said "thankyou".

when about 20 minutes later mika signed autographs for i guess at least 10 more minutes outside at the backstage entrance, i walked there, to watch him a little while from a distance, i stood on the other side of the street, of course i didn't want to bother him again after he had spent so much time with us inside. although i was standing far back, didn't do anything and didn't even wear my costume anymore, he saw me, gave me a really sweet look and waved to me. this look, and the one he gave me when he left the bar and i thanked him were somewhat special, or maybe i just imagined that, anyway it felt special to me, it certainly wasn't just the usual "i recognize you" look, but there was somewhat of a "thankyou" in his eyes.

although he certainly didn't think that far, this look felt to me like he wanted to tell me "thankyou for supporting me and for not being pushy, i'd have loved to thank you more for it tonight by talking with you a few seconds longer, but i'm too tired and thanx for understanding this.". well, i guess, if anything, he just wanted to say "thanx for your support", but i like my interpretation. :naughty:

now finally, it was so brilliant meeting you all, some again, some for the first time, and i hope i'll see you all again soon. big hugs to petra, mariposa, häschen, blue and her friend (whose name i forgot again, shame on me! :blush-anim-cl: ), queenie, blackqueen, freddie, sariflor, allegra, robertina, avoca, vanessa, marianne, vix, kata, yop, aurelien, em, jennie, rose, laura, violet_sky and all the other great MFCers! :huglove:

The thing is...Olga, the french girl, has been to like 18 gigs or something and Mrs. Penniman already recognizes her...on Monday backstage for Thurday was brought up...On the 28th Mrs. Penniman called her and 10 backstage passes were going to be handed over to her...and I was going in with her since I was representing the portuguese :shocked:

Whoa, so wait...originally only 10 passes were going to be given out? And it multiplied to over 100?

mellody, thanks for the fab report and pics! So glad the night went so well, and I love the Gray Skelly outfit!! (Oh! And your avatar is so cute. Reminds me of these things I used to make in school. We called them "warm fuzzies.") :naughty:

Thank you Mellody for your reports! It realllly reinforced just how caring, laidback, and thoughtless Mika can be. Reading it made me feel good.:roftl:

The picture is adooorable by the way. I love it.:blush-anim-cl:

I'm so happy that you had such a wonderful night!!

thoughtless or thoughtful:blink:

Wow it's such a great report mellody thank you so much for sharing :flowers2:

And great pics too!! especially the one with him! He looks really happy on it :thumb_yello:

And I like your interpretation too of the look he gave you :wink2:

Btw, does anyone notice on the pic with you, that he's got one of his eyes more closed then the other?

In the vid on youtube Life in two minutes : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PgtbVWsOeOU He says he's got a lazy eye.

Does he need to wear glasses?

Because I do and I've a "lazy" eye too : one of my eye is really short-sighted compared to the other and when I'm tired and smiling for a picture I have one eye more closed than the other, interesting uh?

:roftl: :roftl:

Nooo. That wasn't what I meant at all. That is such on off description of him! Forgive me for getting my words mixed up?:blush-anim-cl:

its ok we all do it lol i one time said penis instead of pennies:roftl: in front of my parents and grandma!i was horrified

Whoa, so wait...originally only 10 passes were going to be given out? And it multiplied to over 100?

mellody, thanks for the fab report and pics! So glad the night went so well, and I love the Gray Skelly outfit!! (Oh! And your avatar is so cute. Reminds me of these things I used to make in school. We called them "warm fuzzies.") :naughty:

Because it had come from our side

Then from their side since it was the last gig of the tour they decided to make it special for the fans...and went to 70 passes

Due to way they were giving them out, deserving ppl were left "behind" (like Rose) and about 70 more were handed....

There were too many of us there for a single man o.O

I actually decided to ignore him when he came inside the room when i saw ppl crowding him....I was like "F*ck it, I'll talk to the others instead" :mf_rosetinted:

But if the man asks you "Do you want a pic?" should I have said no??? :shocked:

Oh...wow.:lmfao:

That sucks for you! Did they catch it?

yes! and i thought my grandma was going to have a heart attack :shocked: she was like aimee how dare u say that it is very very innappropriate for u to say that! :roftl: she has an accent that sounds like rafa so its really funny!:roftl:

yes! and i thought my grandma was going to have a heart attack :shocked: she was like aimee how dare u say that it is very very innappropriate for u to say that! :roftl: she has an accent that sounds like rafa so its really funny!:roftl:

:lmao: thank you, that was such a good laugh you gave me!!:D:thumb_yello:

:lmao:

Oh geez! That's sooo funny, but I also feel really sorry for you!

Any one know how long a Mika high lasts???? I can't stop thikning about Thursday!!!:wub2:

In my experience, it will take two or three weeks before your cloud comes back down so that the earth is back in view. Longer than that before the high fades, that's for sure.

Oh, and watching videos/interviews will send you right back up on your cloud. :wub2: