2008 - Reports/photos/videos/afterparty For Brixton 28-02-2008

carrinevie

It really made him smile didn't it?

It's a great video. Isn't he just the nicest, kindest man? And so nice with the little ones.

or smart enough to play nice with the fools:roftl:

dammit he read that flag only in the last minute:biggrin2:

I didn't realise what Cynthia had done to get banned for a week, but if she wanted Mika all to herself, then I think she probably entered the room with delusional perceptions

It would be highly unrealistic (although lovely of course) to expect that we could have had private or semi-private conversations with Mika.That will not happen, in the same way that it doesn't happen after gigs, etc.

I'm not saying that no one is allowed to overhear someone else's conversation. Just that Mika specifically asked people to go off into their own corners so he could work the room. How on earth is he supposed to do that when 100 people are pressed so close to him in order to hear every word he says?

It was appropriate when he was giving a speech. It was totally ridiculous when he was trying to have a few drinks and chat with people casually.

I don't care if people enjoy listening to him. It's rude and selfish to practically stand on top of him all night when he specifically asked people not to do it.

I'm not saying that no one is allowed to overhear someone else's conversation. Just that Mika specifically asked people to go off into their own corners so he could work the room. How on earth is he supposed to do that when 100 people are pressed so close to him in order to hear every word he says?

It was appropriate when he was giving a speech. It was totally ridiculous when he was trying to have a few drinks and chat with people casually.

I don't care if people enjoy listening to him. It's rude and selfish to practically stand on top of him all night when he specifically asked people not to do it.

Yes, but what I'm trying to say is that the same happenned when he chatted to me, and when he chatted to everyone else, and rude or not, I was under no illusion that it would be any different.

One thing is that Mika says that, and a very different thing is that he will actually manage to do so in a room with over 100 overexcited fanatical people.

I'm not saying it's right, I'm saying it's what I was sort of expecting,and what eventually happenned.

It's very easy to have a relaxed chat with him with a very small group of people, cause everyone knows that they will get their turn, but in that situation, it frankly didn't surprise me at all.

Plus, considering how early he was supposed to leave the venue (apprently there are some time limits at these venues) it was mathematically impossible for him to have a "private" chat with every one of the people in that room.

ooh were u the italian woman!? who then mika said 'LA MAMMA'!!! or am i getting u confused with someone else? :naughty:

Excused if I don't succeed in answering well but I don't speak English....do I hope to have understood well what you have written, am I him me the Italian woman that MIKA has called Mother because with me there was also my daughter and has she called me "mother" in front of him and so when I have asked him to make a photo with I have told me him "you make a photo with his/her/their Mother?" and he has said "oh him his/her mother, his/her mother"

Yes, but what I'm trying to say is that the same happenned when he chatted to me, and when he chatted to everyone else, and rude or not, I was under no illusion that it would be any different.

One thing is that Mika says that, and a very different thing is that he will actually manage to do so in a room with over 100 overexcited fanatical people.

I'm not saying it's right, I'm saying it's what I was sort of expecting,and what eventually happenned.

It's very easy to have a relaxed chat with him with a very small group of people, cause everyone knows that they will get their turn, but in that situation, it frankly didn't surprise me at all.

Plus, considering how early he was supposed to leave the venue (apprently there are some time limits at these venues) it was mathematically impossible for him to have a "private" chat with every one of the people in that room.

But if they had announced that in advance, imagine how crazy things would have been. Even more insane as it turned out to be anyway... :thumbdown:

Excused if I don't succeed in answering well but I don't speak English....do I hope to have understood well what you have written, am I him me the Italian woman that MIKA has called Mother because with me there was also my daughter and has she called me "mother" in front of him and so when I have asked him to make a photo with I have told me him "you make a photo with his/her/their Mother?" and he has said "oh him his/her mother, his/her mother"

mm, if it's easier to write it in italian, you can write it in italian, i'll understand, i'm kind of confused with what you said, sorry :blush-anim-cl: era meglio se scrivevo in italiano :naughty: spero che hai capito cosa ho appena detto =]

I never said private chat. I said semi-private. In other words the small groups of manageable people you mention. That's what I expected and that's what he was asking for.

I don't know what's more surprising. That people didn't act like normal human beings or that everyone around here expects them not to.

This is all mind-boggling to me because I've been at parties with bigger names than Mika and have never seen people carry on like that. Not even teenagers.

But if they had announced that in advance, imagine how crazy things would have been. Even more insane as it turned out to be anyway... :thumbdown:

You're probably right:roftl:

I never said private chat. I said semi-private. In other words the small groups of manageable people you mention. That's what I expected and that's what he was asking for.

I don't know what's more surprising. That people didn't act like normal human beings or that everyone around here expects them not to.

This is all mind-boggling to me because I've been at parties with bigger names than Mika and have never seen people carry on like that. Not even teenagers.

I don't know Christine. I get the feeling that, even though Mika is a "smaller name" like you put it, he seems to inspire all these crazy feelings, and people react like maniacs any time he's around.

I am not surprised at what happenned, because if people were going to control themselves in those circumstances, they would probably also do this when he's getting to the venue, or leaving ,etc.

And instead of control,what do you always see: mobbing.

That is what I mean.

mm, if it's easier to write it in italian, you can write it in italian, i'll understand, i'm kind of confused with what you said, sorry :blush-anim-cl: era meglio se scrivevo in italiano :naughty: spero che hai capito cosa ho appena detto =]

ho capito la parte in italiano...sto usando un traduttore on line per carcare di capire e rispondere ma non so se funziona bene, mi dispiace per gli errori, tu invece parli italiano o sei italiana?

ho capito la parte in italiano...sto usando un traduttore on line per carcare di capire e rispondere ma non so se funziona bene, mi dispiace per gli errori, tu invece parli italiano o sei italiana?

ah, quei traduttori non funzionano mai :naughty: beh, parlo un'po di italiano, ma molto male :naughty: ho i genitori italiani, ma sono nata a Londra :wink2: ecco, stavo chiedendo se Mika stava parlando a te, quando aveva detto ' La Mamma' e poi credo che ti aveva chiesto so pottevi cucinare? :naughty:

Blimey, I must be getting immune to the heat, I was pretty comfortable all night.

Although the lights on stage can be pretty intense and if you're already hot, I guess the extra heat could knock you for six.

:naughty: well im usually fine but i was wearing an extra t-shirt that night and had been queuing for 14hours so..... :naughty:

ah, quei traduttori non funzionano mai :naughty: beh, parlo un'po di italiano, ma molto male :naughty: ho i genitori italiani, ma sono nata a Londra :wink2: ecco, stavo chiedendo se Mika stava parlando a te, quando aveva detto ' La Mamma' e poi credo che ti aveva chiesto so pottevi cucinare? :naughty:

si MIKA stava parlando con me quando ha detto "la mamma"...ecco cosa mi ha chiesto poi, io gli ho fatto ripetere due volte la domanda ma non ho capito lo stesso cosa mi aveva detto, che peccato mi sarebbe piaciuto molto cucinare per lui, dicono che sono una brava cuoca:blush-anim-cl: : a me sembra che te la cavi bene con l'italiano:naughty:

si MIKA stava parlando con me quando ha detto "la mamma"...ecco cosa mi ha chiesto poi, io gli ho fatto ripetere due volte la domanda ma non ho capito lo stesso cosa mi aveva detto, che peccato mi sarebbe piaciuto molto cucinare per lui, dicono che sono una brava cuoca:blush-anim-cl: : a me sembra che te la cavi bene con l'italiano:naughty:

oh no!! :roftl: non c'era qualcuno che ti potteva tradure l'inglese per te? :bleh: se lo sapevo l'avrei fatto io :naughty:

grazie :blush-anim-cl: ho 4 esami di italiano a Maggio e Giugno allora devo fare un'po di pratica :bleh:

oh no!! :roftl: non c'era qualcuno che ti potteva tradure l'inglese per te? :bleh: se lo sapevo l'avrei fatto io :naughty:

grazie :blush-anim-cl: ho 4 esami di italiano a Maggio e Giugno allora devo fare un'po di pratica :bleh:

ok girls now translate the chat, please, it looks interesting but I only caught a few things:roftl:

I don't know Christine. I get the feeling that, even though Mika is a "smaller name" like you put it, he seems to inspire all these crazy feelings, and people react like maniacs any time he's around.

I think the problem is we're in this culture (i.e. MFC) that not only accepts it but actively encourages it through gig reports, etc. That was fine in the beginning but now that we have to go to such ridiculous lengths to get his attention people need to step back and reevaluate their behaviour and their motives.

There are more important things than getting to Mika at all costs and people need to get a grip on reality.

no purtroppo in quel momento non c'era nessuno che potesse tradurre l'inglese per me, se lo avessi saputo avrei acettato volentieri il tuo aiuto anche se non ho presente il tuo viso, sei per caso in una delle foto che ho messo io? ricordo di aver conosciuto solo Rosetta di ragazze che vivevano all'estero e che parlavano l'italiano....fai l'università da quanto ho capito, dal prossimo anno anche mia figlia più piccola comincerà a frequentarla, lei farà psicologia

ok girls now translate the chat, please, it looks interesting but I only caught a few things:roftl:

lol, sorry :naughty: k basically.. from what I remember Clara took pics of her daughters with Mika, then when she went to have her turn Mika said 'LA MAMMA' (which i'm guessing u know what that means lol) then after they took the picture, Mika asked if she could cook, poor she didn't understand what he was saying, and now she wishes she knew cos she would have cooked for him cos she gets told she's a very good cook :naughty:

I think the problem is we're in this culture (i.e. MFC) that not only accepts it but actively encourages it through gig reports, etc. That was fine in the beginning but now that we have to go to such ridiculous lengths to get his attention people need to step back and reevaluate their behaviour and their motives.

There are more important things than getting to Mika at all costs and people need to get a grip on reality.

I defo think it's part of the problem. People hear how accessible Mika is, hear how many MFCer managed to meet him/talk to him in the past and don't see why they wouldn't have this opportunity too (which is totally human). They mean no harm, that I'm sure of, but they think it's 100% normal to go to him and ask for a pic, hug, chat, or whatever. Moreover, they take for granted he's gonna say yes and if he "ignores" their request they'll keep mobbing him and asking him until they get what they want, not realizing they're suffocating him.

So yes, we've been encouraging this, in some way :boxed:

no purtroppo in quel momento non c'era nessuno che potesse tradurre l'inglese per me, se lo avessi saputo avrei acettato volentieri il tuo aiuto anche se non ho presente il tuo viso, sei per caso in una delle foto che ho messo io? ricordo di aver conosciuto solo Rosetta di ragazze che vivevano all'estero e che parlavano l'italiano....fai l'università da quanto ho capito, dal prossimo anno anche mia figlia più piccola comincerà a frequentarla, lei farà psicologia

o prossima volta ti porti il vocabulario :bleh:

no, ero dietro le personne accanto a te.

No, faccio ancora la scuola :thumbdown: ma l'anno prossimo faro' l'uni.

He didn't have 100 people round him though. More than half of us were nowhere near him as he asked. Sadly, a lot of us were the ones who didn't meet him.

I mostly only heard what he said by watching YouTube vids. I've only seen myself on one photo, well away from the scrum, near Luke and Mika's mum.

I think people want to have a more meaningful relationship with him - to be his friend - who wouldn't? But it was rather at the expense of the polite ones. Anyhoo, enough of that. I've not been downhearted and don't intend to be.

I still know that I had a great time. I was on a cloud even when people around me were upset and I've not come down even yet.