2008 - Reports/photos/videos/afterparty For Brixton 28-02-2008

carrinevie

Some of my Aussie friends haven't read this thread so I summarised some of it for them. I decided to post a copy of it here for anyone who missed anything and just in case I made any mistakes and need correction...

Whoa, thank you for that!!! :wub2::mf_lustslow::thumb_yello:

For what's it worth, I can say that neither Mika nor his family had anything at all to do with initiating the "meet and greet" after this last concert. In fact Mika did not even wish to be a part of it.

People's behaviour was atrocious and the guest of honour found the mob scene "awful..." and a "brain breaking experience..."

Just thought it might be of interest to post another perspective... not entirely my own.

Um....I think that's only going to make people feel worse haha

It seems to me from the excuses and dismissal going on in this thread for what happened, that people don't feel badly enough.

I suppose it doesn't matter though because, as I suspected, it sounds like the chances of Mika ever doing this again are less than zero.

Thanks for stating the obvious when the obvious is obviously not obvious enough for people to see it without anyone stating it...

still not here really...

Oh, my idea was not to pacify the fans but to offer the (perhaps) relevant perspective of the actual guest of hounour, seeing as so many people have already taken it upon themselves to assume so many things about the evening. That's all.

Hey, I want to PM you and your inbox is full!

--Jack

For what's it worth, I can say that neither Mika nor his family had anything at all to do with initiating the "meet and greet" after this last concert. In fact Mika did not even wish to be a part of it.

People's behaviour was atrocious and the guest of honour found the mob scene "awful..." and a "brain breaking experience..."

Just thought it might be of interest to post another perspective... not entirely my own.

Oh, my idea was not to pacify the fans but to offer the (perhaps) relevant perspective of the actual guest of hounour, seeing as so many people have already taken it upon themselves to assume so many things about the evening. That's all.

Hmmm he really said that?! When? Sry I don't have time to read through everything.

It's such a shame though :no: I feel really bad and I wasn't even there.....this whole situation reminds me of that saying - Peter pays for Paul and Paul pays for all. This whole thing has me disappointed and disgusted....the picture he has now of his fans :(

Yes, I know you weren't necessarily trying to make people feel better and I appreciate your honesty. It is nice to receive a different perspective—the real perspective.

Hmmm he really said that?! When? Sry I don't have time to read through everything.

It's such a shame though :no: I feel really bad and I wasn't even there.....this whole situation reminds me of that saying - Peter pays for Paul and Paul pays for all. This whole thing has me disappointed and disgusted....the picture he has now of his fans :(

Well I don't think this incident alone was the first to cause him to feel that way... :bleh:

But that was a very small sample of his fans and not all of them act like that. And he knows it.

I wouldn't blame him. I wasn't even there and I can tell that it was a disaster, I can't imagine what it was like for those present let alone Mika himself in the middle of it all.

I think that if the people responsible for the disrespectful and selfish crowding/monopolising don't already feel bad then they deserve to. I don't see why anyone can act that way and then should get off.

It does make me feel worse. But probably I am one of only a handful that feel like that, judging by this thread.

You're right titania, we had taken it upon ourselves to assume many things about the evening.

I was beginning to think I was out of step in my ideas of decent, adult behaviour.

Did you go that night, by the way? I missed you. :(

I was beginning to think I was out of step in my ideas of decent, adult behaviour.

Hardly. I agree with the posts made previously about the nature of the MFC and post-gig reporting etc. condoning or even encouraging inappropriate behaviour and setting up standards of conduct independent of what's acceptable for a respectful adult outside of the MFC "bubble".

I didn't go to this - am kind of grateful in a way that I didn't, after the way it turned out.

I really really like Mika - and to be honest - I hope and pray if I ever properly met him I wouldn't do that (the whole crowding him and not leaving him alone thing) - I doubt I would as I'm extremely shy - and It probably would have taken me about an hour to get up the guts to go anywhere near him lol - and by then he probably would have left.

But to be honest not ever having been in the position of experiencing something like this - I don't know how I would have reacted - but I'm not normally an "In Your Face" kind of person.

If I ever get like that - someone please slap me - you completely have my permission....

Ha...

Well I don't think this incident alone was the first to cause him to feel that way... :bleh:

But that was a very small sample of his fans and not all of them act like that. And he knows it.

I really really hope he knows that it is only a tiny proportion of his "fans" that do act like that, and that unfortunately a tiny proportion can make things go pear-shaped for the majority of people who care about Mika's wishes and wouldn;t in their wildest dreams do something that would go against that...

I didn't go to this - am kind of grateful in a way that I didn't, after the way it turned out.

I really really like Mika - and to be honest - I hope and pray if I ever properly met him I wouldn't do that (the whole crowding him and not leaving him alone thing) - I doubt I would as I'm extremely shy - and It probably would have taken me about an hour to get up the guts to go anywhere near him lol - and by then he probably would have left.

But to be honest not ever having been in the position of experiencing something like this - I don't know how I would have reacted - but I'm not normally an "In Your Face" kind of person.

If I ever get like that - someone please slap me - you completely have my permission....

Ha...

Hehe, if I ever meet you with Mika and you are acting like that...rest assured, I shall slap you!! And hopefully you would slap me too if I was behaving like that!! lol:bleh:

I don't know I kind of blame Damon for me being nervous around celebs. Loved him so much for so so long - and he was always such a nasty piece of work when I met him.

I guess I judge everyone from my dealings with him - and I've realised that most famous people actually treat their fans with a bit of respect.

I ended up barely saying boo to a goose with Damon at the end - got fed up with being sneered at and told to F Off all the time lol.

Can't believe I put up with that for over 16 bloody years - but well I was obsessed lol

Mika seems nicer than that - he tells me to F off i shall slap him - or run in a corner and cry lol

I don't know I kind of blame Damon for me being nervous around celebs. Loved him so much for so so long - and he was always such a nasty piece of work when I met him.

I guess I judge everyone from my dealings with him - and I've realised that most famous people actually treat their fans with a bit of respect.

I ended up barely saying boo to a goose with Damon at the end - got fed up with being sneered at and told to F Off all the time lol.

Can't believe I put up with that for over 16 bloody years - but well I was obsessed lol

Mika seems nicer than that - he tells me to F off i shall slap him - or run in a corner and cry lol

damon??????

Damon Albarn - lead singer of Blur - been a fan since I was 16 am now 33 - So a very very long time

Horrible bloke - complete arsehole :(

Need say no more

Aww!! Man,I feel so sorry for you! I hope you didn't completely waste your life over the guy.....

Aww!! Man,I feel so sorry for you! I hope you didn't completely waste your life over the guy.....

Oh I did completely waste half my life over him :roftl:

He weren't worth my time.

But then again I have alot to thank him for too.

I was bullied really really badly at school - non stop for nine years - was pretty much suicidal for most of my teenage years. It was a horrible time. Actually horrible don't come near to describing it :thumbdown:

When I left school I became a virtual recluse. My love of Blur and Damon eventually got me travelling the country on my own to go to gigs. If it weren't for him I probably would still be sat in my room a nervous wreck.

Have seen Blur live over 60 times - been all the way to Scotland on my own to see them and all the way down to Cornwall and Devon too.

:roftl:

Never did the abroad thing though (didn't have a passport then)

Just kind of had enough after seeing them in 2003 - he's even worse now with the success of Gorillaz. He's just horrible. Not to all fans - don't get me wrong. If your a pretty girl and skinny - he'll be quite nice to you.

If your not like me - he'll snub you - I can take being ignored repeatably by people - but don't look me up and down and sneer at me hun. Cos' that's when I draw the line.

:shocked:

Mika might actually get me going overseas If I can afford it.

I like the fact he doesn't seem to judge people - he'll talk to you the same no matter what you look like or whatever.

I've had enough of the other to last me a life time .... :boxed:

Oh I did completely waste half my life over him :roftl:

He weren't worth my time.

But then again I have alot to thank him for too.

I was bullied really really badly at school - non stop for nine years - was pretty much suicidal for most of my teenage years. It was a horrible time. Actually horrible don't come near to describing it :thumbdown:

When I left school I became a virtual recluse. My love of Blur and Damon eventually got me travelling the country on my own to go to gigs. If it weren't for him I probably would still be sat in my room a nervous wreck.

Have seen Blur live over 60 times - been all the way to Scotland on my own to see them and all the way down to Cornwall and Devon too.

:roftl:

Never did the abroad thing though (didn't have a passport then)

Just kind of had enough after seeing them in 2003 - he's even worse now with the success of Gorillaz. He's just horrible. Not to all fans - don't get me wrong. If your a pretty girl and skinny - he'll be quite nice to you.

If your not like me - he'll snub you - I can take being ignored repeatably by people - but don't look me up and down and sneer at me hun. Cos' that's when I draw the line.

:shocked:

Mika might actually get me going overseas If I can afford it.

I like the fact he doesn't seem to judge people - he'll talk to you the same no matter what you look like or whatever.

I've had enough of the other to last me a life time .... :boxed:

Not sure what I can say now...you seem as if you've had a very eventful life...

That is one of the things about Mika - he won't judge you, he said himself that he's a bit of a mutt....

Thank you for this Titania.

It's good to finally get the "real" version of what happened. I was told that this was not initiated by Mika, rather by some people's requests, but I never knew that Mika himself didn't actually want to be part of it.

Knowing this, even though I'm very grateful that you shared the information, makes me fel atrocious. I feel very sad that he didn't even want to be there in the first place, yet still went, and was then faced with all this mobbing.

I'm even kicking myself now for asking for a picture.I just hope that he can sort of forgive us at some point.

I agree, it's what often happens.

I hope you're right.

Hardly. I agree with the posts made previously about the nature of the MFC and post-gig reporting etc. condoning or even encouraging inappropriate behaviour and setting up standards of conduct independent of what's acceptable for a respectful adult outside of the MFC "bubble".

Yes, and it's the same with the whole "ask him for a hug" or "ask him for a kiss"thing. Same story.

Would people do that to a stranger on the street? Then why is it acceptable to do it to Mika?

Just because he's usually so nice that he says yes?

I'm really sorry to hear this Laurel.:huglove: