2008 - Reports/photos/videos/afterparty For Brixton 28-02-2008

carrinevie

Yes, I know you weren't necessarily trying to make people feel better and I appreciate your honesty. It is nice to receive a different perspective—the real perspective.

For what's it worth, I can say that neither Mika nor his family had anything at all to do with initiating the "meet and greet" after this last concert. In fact Mika did not even wish to be a part of it.

People's behaviour was atrocious and the guest of honour found the mob scene "awful..." and a "brain breaking experience..."

Just thought it might be of interest to post another perspective... not entirely my own.

I also tried to pm you titania, but your inbox full.. i meant to ask privately but since I cannot, I'll ask here:

i was wondering when did ya get to know mika didn't want to take part to the party..?

I don't refer to what he thought of it afterwards, it's been stressing enough for him, I'd not be surprised at all if he was so upset about it. I felt bad for him, like all of us.

but as far as about the before the party comment, may I ask if ya heard him saying so, and at what point, or if ya had the comment reported?

thanks.

I also tried to pm you titania, but your inbox full.. i meant to ask privately but since I cannot, I'll ask here:

i was wondering when did ya get to know mika didn't want to take part to the party..?

I don't refer to what he thought of it afterwards, it's been stressing enough for him, I'd not be surprised at all if he was so upset about it. I felt bad for him, like all of us.

but as far as about the before the party comment, may I ask if ya heard him saying so, and at what point, or if ya had the comment reported?

thanks.

I think that, if you have conflicting information on this, you'd better take Titania's version of the events:thumb_yello: .

Which does tie in with other things that were said that night.

thanks.

Yeh, I was wondering that too, I also tried to PM titania with the same question, but alas, her inbox is full :(

I think that, if you have conflicting information on this, you'd better take Titania's version of the events:thumb_yello: .

Which does tie in with other things that were said that night.

I'd still like to know where she heard the info from though, rather than take it for granted that it's true....Even though your post wasn't meant for me!!!:roftl:

Why is it that when it's "good" things, everyone is happy to believe anything the second it's said, but when it's "bad" things, everyone resists?:roftl:

Can we not just take that statement, and reflect on it anyway? Just give it a chance. It's probably worth doing:thumb_yello: .

oh, never denied anything for the sake of it. :thumb_yello: not even necessarily deny this and it's defo possible he disliked -to say least- the way the party turned out to be.

you know what i referred to. :wink2:

Is that any good?

Cuz I just installed Photoshop a couple of days ago but I'm rubbish with it.

I don't know if I can be arsed to learn!

Marleen, your photos are amazing! Such great quality, what camera did you use? (Sorry if you already said which one you used but this thread has A LOT of pages!)

Thanks :blush-anim-cl: The camera I used is a Panasonic DMC-TZ1; such a good camera :thumb_yello:

oh, never denied anything for the sake of it. :thumb_yello: not even necessarily deny this and it's defo possible he disliked -to say least- the way the party turned out to be.

you know what i referred to. :wink2:

I'd be majorly concerned for HIS sanity if he didn't dislike what happened:bleh:, foreseeable or not.

For what's it worth, I can say that neither Mika nor his family had anything at all to do with initiating the "meet and greet" after this last concert. In fact Mika did not even wish to be a part of it.

People's behaviour was atrocious and the guest of honour found the mob scene "awful..." and a "brain breaking experience..."

Just thought it might be of interest to post another perspective... not entirely my own.

Oh, my idea was not to pacify the fans but to offer the (perhaps) relevant perspective of the actual guest of hounour, seeing as so many people have already taken it upon themselves to assume so many things about the evening. That's all.

Wow, this is tough. And sadly, kinda confirms my perception about not only that particular 'party' but every meet and greet or backdoor signing session. I guess it was merely a matter of time until he would get totally fed up with this.

What I find a bit scary is that he never loses countenance and so it's kinda hard to find out if he's enjoying, bearing or detesting the situation. I didn't think he particularly enjoyed the mob, but assumed, he was used to it and thus kinda giving in and still trying to make the best of it. Not just for the mob, also for himself.

To read the very wording quoted above just makes me sad and I guess for me personally this means I'll step back from any further attempt to get in touch apart from the stage/audience experience. I guess that's how the story goes. What sort of brings me back to my initial mindset when I first joined the forum.

Somehow now I wish I had not been there at that aftershow party, even though I was sticking to the wall all the time. And I'm very glad I didn't 'accidentally' stay or patrol in his neighborhood during my week in London.

Wow, this is tough. And sadly, kinda confirms my perception about not only that particular 'party' but every meet and greet or backdoor signing session. I guess it was merely a matter of time until he would get totally fed up with this.

What I find a bit scary is that he never loses countenance and so it's kinda hard to find out if he's enjoying, bearing or detesting the situation. I didn't think he particularly enjoyed the mob, but assumed, he was used to it and thus kinda giving in and still trying to make the best of it. Not just for the mob, also for himself.

To read the very wording quoted above just makes me sad and I guess for me personally this means I'll step back from any further attempt to get in touch apart from the stage/audience experience. I guess that's how the story goes. What sort of brings me back to my initial mindset when I first joined the forum.

Somehow now I wish I had not been there at that aftershow party, even though I was sticking to the wall all the time. And I'm very glad I didn't 'accidentally' stay or patrol in his neighborhood during my week in London.

Ditto:thumb_yello:

I think its really sad that that one experience, although there probably were some leading up to it, probably put Mika off ever thinking of doing anything like this for us fans again.

What problem do you have with people waiting at the stage door violet_sky? Not that I have done it, but I was just wondering...

I do agree, I think Mika needs to show his emotions/thoughts more with us, so we know what is acceptable, not acceptable and what it just plain pushing the line. I mean, I know we have common sense and know what is right from wrong, but maybe sometimes we need thoughts from the Big M himself...if you know what I mean!? Mika needs to let us know how he feels about these situations, so in future we can avoid them, enter them or use them...

I hope some of you know what I mean, I explain myself strangely on some occasions, this being one of them! :blush-anim-cl:

I am curious about Titanias comments about Mika and his family, not wanting to do the afterparty.

I don't purport to knowing the guy or his family. But from certain conversations I've had with people over the months of going around all the shows, nothing happens unless he he says it does, and if he doesn't want to do something, he won't. And fair play to him for that, he knows how he wants things and what works for him and as the buck stops with him he's right to do so. I think he is lucky to get a fair amount of leeway from his record company, they obviously have faith in him and his vision and it seems to be working.

So I'm pretty sure that he wanted to hang out for a while with his fans, I think after what happened, he may sit back and consider a better way of doing it next time. Maybe a more organised meet and greet, or if he wanted to do the same thing again, be a little more security concious, I think Iceman could have done with a little more help that night.

I really hope that what happened didn't put him off wanting to hang out with us again, and I'm sure he is aware it was a small minority of people that have spoilt it, he seems to be quite observant and appears to notice things like this.

I am curious about Titanias comments about Mika and his family, not wanting to do the afterparty.

I don't purport to knowing the guy or his family. But from certain conversations I've had with people over the months of going around all the shows, nothing happens unless he he says it does, and if he doesn't want to do something, he won't. And fair play to him for that, he knows how he wants things and what works for him and as the buck stops with him he's right to do so. I think he is lucky to get a fair amount of leeway from his record company, they obviously have faith in him and his vision and it seems to be working.

So I'm pretty sure that he wanted to hang out for a while with his fans, I think after what happened, he may sit back and consider a better way of doing it next time. Maybe a more organised meet and greet, or if he wanted to do the same thing again, be a little more security concious, I think Iceman could have done with a little more help that night.

I really hope that what happened didn't put him off wanting to hang out with us again, and I'm sure he is aware it was a small minority of people that have spoilt it, he seems to be quite observant and appears to notice things like this.

HEAR, HEAR! :thumb_yello:

I think its really sad that that one experience, although there probably were some leading up to it, probably put Mika off ever thinking of doing anything like this for us fans again.

What problem do you have with people waiting at the stage door violet_sky? Not that I have done it, but I was just wondering...

I do agree, I think Mika needs to show his emotions/thoughts more with us, so we know what is acceptable, not acceptable and what it just plain pushing the line. I mean, I know we have common sense and know what is right from wrong, but maybe sometimes we need thoughts from the Big M himself...if you know what I mean!? Mika needs to let us know how he feels about these situations, so in future we can avoid them, enter them or use them...

I hope some of you know what I mean, I explain myself strangely on some occasions, this being one of them! :blush-anim-cl:

one can improve one's character into trying and being more open but cannot transform into what one's not. I am afraid. :boxed:

high five, rose. allllllll the way :punk:

OK! ONLY MY OPINIONS HERE SO PLEASE DON'T GET OFFENDED

I honestly think that Mika has shot himself in the foot for always being so nice. He's sweet, nice, and gives people what they ask for. Probably too much, and too often.

The problem here is that many people will then go and ask for waay too much, or not consider the most essential rules of civilised human behaviour, so in the end they "abuse" him, or go way too far in their interaction with him.

What I've been trying to say in previous posts, and I keep getting the impression that I'm not making it clear (due to people's reactions) is that I personally think that this issue has been brewing for quite some time.

IMO it's all very much related to the whole "how much physical contact is acceptable" discussion; at the end of the day it's all about invading his personal space one way or another.

Also to the report threads, and everyone encouraging everyone else to meet him, do this, do that...Ah, and also all this waiting to meet him before gigs is going too far IMO.

Ok, so waiting for him (with no expectations) after the gigs I personally find ok, but BEFORE?? He shouldn't be bothered before gigs!

He's said himself before that he doesn't speak, etc, so why not just let him "be"?

The mob scene is slowly taking over ANY situation where Mika is even slightly suspected of possibly being in, and I believe that it's mainly a handful of "regulars" doing that at the gigs, and they know well who they are.

Back to your post though: he'll never win will he? You say that he should make himself clear.

Can you imagine that he'd suddenly say to a fan "no, excuse me, I will not speak to you because you're being rude" or anything of the sorts? People would slate him, even though he'd have every right to say this.

I think that the guy is just doing what he can and trying to survive.

Let's just hope that by the time the next tour comes around, people are so ashamed of their behaviour that they will act a little better around him.

they won't, sari. that's sure. things will be the same, with the exception there'll be more people.

I agree he's not glad of what he's started and he doesn't like to have to accomplish people's wishes and expectations. he's though a way not to do it without being shot, many stars do, most of them actually and they are still being supported by their fans. I think it's to do with his character and his committment to his "job".

doesn't mean he'll not cut down on meet and greets or stopping with fans as time goes by, even (god forbids) soon.

mobbing is awful. I agree on that. all phisical contact demand is awful. I'm not a phisical contact person too, so I feel it unnecessary most of the times either.

most of us wait after gigs cause he's got us used to it, bless him, and it's our fault either. no one forces us. same goes for before gigs. it's exactly the same.

I am not offended! Don't know about anyone else though!

I think your comment about the "regulars" will casue some unwanted attention, although at the end of the day I agree with you, it is definitely some people who insist on meeting him time and time again in the most awkward of situations. I have no problem with people who have met him several times, they're not the people I have an issue with anyway, it's the people who go back for more and more, the afterparty being a prime example of this, when Mika has clearly had enough, and frankly wants to be either left alone, or does actually want to speak to fans but in a civillised way and atmosphere, not the atmosphere of say a signing. I cant see how people were so selfish as to not allow him that! It makes me sad! :(

I do totally agree with you on that one, in the fact that no, he cannot win, whichever way he spins it!

Hopefully people will be ashamed and hopefully the hype will go down on the whole "i will do anything to meet him" front.

Thanks Rabdash.

Just to clarify: I don't have an issue with people who've met him a few times, hell, I'm one of them myself:naughty:.

Rather what I was trying to say is that *generally speaking* the transgression usually comes from a handful of people, who keep doing it over and over again, and I find the "pregig" mobbing evem worse than others, so I mentioned it.

May I say that in my long list of Mika gigs (13) I've always noticed the same faces doing these things?

Same goes for people asking his mum for passes- I find that incomprehensible and totally disgraceful, and if others disagree, then so be it, but it won't make me change my opinion on it.

Some things are just a bit of a joke, and I feel like some people need to be brought back to reality.

Anyway I'e gone on for a bit now so probably best to give it a rest:naughty: .

Thanks Rabdash.

Just to clarify: I don't have an issue with people who've met him a few times, hell, I'm one of them myself:naughty:.

Rather what I was trying to say is that *generally speaking* the transgression usually comes from a handful of people, who keep doing it over and over again, and I find the "pregig" mobbing evem worse than others, so I mentioned it.

May I say that in my long list of Mika gigs (13) I've always noticed the same faces doing these things?

Same goes for people asking his mum for passes- I find that incomprehensible and totally disgraceful, and if others disagree, then so be it, but it won't make me change my opinion on it.

Some things are just a bit of a joke, and I feel like some people need to be brought back to reality.

Anyway I'e gone on for a bit now so probably best to give it a rest:naughty: .

i agree with u totally here (as of the rest of the stuff you have said) but I'm just disgusted with people trying to blag off backstage passes from his mum, it's just totally unacceptable :thumbdown:

i agree with u totally here (as of the rest of the stuff you have said) but I'm just disgusted with people trying to blag off backstage passes from his mum, it's just totally unacceptable :thumbdown:

Omg! People beg for passes from his mother?? That is really awful, totally unacceptable and grrr....just wrong!! :shocked:

Anyway, have a well deserved break sariflor!! :huglove:

OK! ONLY MY OPINIONS HERE SO PLEASE DON'T GET OFFENDED

I honestly think that Mika has shot himself in the foot for always being so nice. He's sweet, nice, and gives people what they ask for. Probably too much, and too often.

The problem here is that many people will then go and ask for waay too much, or not consider the most essential rules of civilised human behaviour, so in the end they "abuse" him, or go way too far in their interaction with him.

What I've been trying to say in previous posts, and I keep getting the impression that I'm not making it clear (due to people's reactions) is that I personally think that this issue has been brewing for quite some time.

IMO it's all very much related to the whole "how much physical contact is acceptable" discussion; at the end of the day it's all about invading his personal space one way or another.

Also to the report threads, and everyone encouraging everyone else to meet him, do this, do that...Ah, and also all this waiting to meet him before gigs is going too far IMO.

Ok, so waiting for him (with no expectations) after the gigs I personally find ok, but BEFORE?? He shouldn't be bothered before gigs!

He's said himself before that he doesn't speak, etc, so why not just let him "be"?

The mob scene is slowly taking over ANY situation where Mika is even slightly suspected of possibly being in, and I believe that it's mainly a handful of "regulars" doing that at the gigs, and they know well who they are.

Back to your post though: he'll never win will he? You say that he should make himself clear.

Can you imagine that he'd suddenly say to a fan "no, excuse me, I will not speak to you because you're being rude" or anything of the sorts? People would slate him, even though he'd have every right to say this.

I think that the guy is just doing what he can and trying to survive.

Let's just hope that by the time the next tour comes around, people are so ashamed of their behaviour that they will act a little better around him.

I promised myself not to manifest my deep shame and anger for what happened in the so-called party, but I feel the need now. I agree with you in every point you state. In the end it's only a matter of good manners, isn't it? I mean, why do people go so mad when he's around and behave like there were no rules? Mika is not our toy, not a slave who would do anything we want him to. He's a human being entitled to the same rights as any other human being. The fact that he's famous and has fans should never change that. I've been feeling really bad and really guilty for having been at the party and spoken to him (although it was him who addressed me first), mainly because I don't want to be considered part of that mob (I'll say it, I'm sorry: we all know who those people are) and because he look so tired and fed up though he tried to hide it.

Personally I've no idea about him wanting or not to be there (I've my own opinion though), but that's not the main issue here I think. The point is, whether he wanted to meet us or not, we all made it a very hard thing for him to be in that room. And we should think it over and ask ourselves what are we doing to a person we all love and admire so much. Yes, like wanting to meet him before the shows, when it's obvious he should get in the venue at once and save his voice. I trust he will know who's who in this whole mess, however, the harm is done and I don't think he'll do such a thing again (I wouldn't want him to do it anyway), and the relationship with the fans should change from now on. Sad but true.

they won't, sari. that's sure. things will be the same, with the exception there'll be more people.

I agree he's not glad of what he's started and he doesn't like to have to accomplish people's wishes and expectations. he's though a way not to do it without being shot, many stars do, most of them actually and they are still being supported by their fans. I think it's to do with his character and his committment to his "job".

doesn't mean he'll not cut down on meet and greets or stopping with fans as time goes by, even (god forbids) soon.

mobbing is awful. I agree on that. all phisical contact demand is awful. I'm not a phisical contact person too, so I feel it unnecessary most of the times either.

most of us wait after gigs cause he's got us used to it, bless him, and it's our fault either. no one forces us. same goes for before gigs. it's exactly the same.

I'm a pretty "physical contact" person myself; Being spanish, it's in my culture, and we touch and kiss a lot. Heck, the way you act when you are first introduced to someone, or meet someone casually, is by kissing them on the cheek twice.

Despite this, I know the limits and I've never even attempted to touch Mika, or to ask any sort of physical contact from him, becuase:

a-I find it rude

b-these things should come naturally, not be "asked for"

c-I know he won't say "no", as he usually agrees when people ask him, and I don't wish to put him in that position where he feels forced to do something that he doesn't want to do.

Last week when I spoke to him, he initiated physical contact by holding my hand after thanking me for the Tshirt.

Now that's quite different as I didn't ask for it, it was just a spontaneous gesture by him, but even despite that, I would have not gone and hugged him or anything of the sorts...I just think all these things are common sense,really.

So if people don't have the common sense, how can they modify their behaviour in the future? That's why I'm not sure that they will.

I'm not saying all this for any other reason than to illustrate what I believe is how things should work, not for any other reason...

Anyway I said I would stop and yet I keep ranting here so I'm sorry, LOL!!