The British and Proud thread.... Part 2!

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/olympics/medals_table/

3rd in the table :punk:

:groovy:

What an AMAZING AMAZING achievement! wwootttt:punk:

I know! We're doing so well, im so surprised! awesome! :thumb_yello:

Shame though, we probably would have got gold in team showjumping too, but john whitaker's horse was ill..... :doh:

That Adrian guy from olympic breakfast reckons for our 2012 opening ceremony, we should have Amy Winehouse light the olympic flame by throwing her fag end into it.... could work??

:roftl:Yeh she so so could!!!

Did you know the Olympic pool is in Sunderland for 2012!!:punk:

Radio 1 just said ... we are good at winning medals in the sports we sit down in

3rd in the table!! mega mega proud

BTW .. HULL :shocked:, what a result!

Yep, typical British. Very British.

Sunderland eh?? :blink: I wonder if Hull will play a part in it.... maybe for the shooting? They seem pretty good at that around here..... :naughty:

But yeah, 3rd! Were doing amazing. Still got individual showjumping aswell with some really good riders for us so maybe some more golds there?

Haha! Go Tigers!! I hope they can keep it up though. Somehow i don't think they'll stand a chance against Liverpool or any of the other giants... :thumbdown:

Btw Freddie.... GCSE results on Thursday.... i am not looking forward to that..... :bleh:

You get your results this week :shocked:..ekkk massive good luck hun

Yeh even if Hull do no more , beating Fulham is awesome!

3rd in the tables for gold medal still wwooppp :punk:

Shootings in Hull .. ohh dear :naughty:

Hows this rain affecting you all now

Yepp! I know, i hope i've done well but tbh, even just passes are great for me because of the crappy year i've had.

It's alright here, there's been some flooding in north yorks, but luckily were doing alright round here. I still get scared though when it rains heavily for ages or i hear there's a flood warning.

I even had an awful holiday! I thought, i'd get away from all the rubbish, but it was even raining in Spain.... plus there was a problem with our plane, this latch got stuck open and wouldn't shut so that was scary..... :boxed:

Yepp! I know, i hope i've done well but tbh, even just passes are great for me because of the crappy year i've had.

It's alright here, there's been some flooding in north yorks, but luckily were doing alright round here. I still get scared though when it rains heavily for ages or i hear there's a flood warning.

I even had an awful holiday! I thought, i'd get away from all the rubbish, but it was even raining in Spain.... plus there was a problem with our plane, this latch got stuck open and wouldn't shut so that was scary..... :boxed:

Raining in Spain too , I was Madrid with the elf and it was roasting hot :shocked:

You had a crappy year again missy ? , we need to catch up some time

Nice to see you back :thumb_yello:

Raining in Spain too , I was Madrid with the elf and it was roasting hot :shocked:

You had a crappy year again missy ? , we need to catch up some time

Nice to see you back :thumb_yello:

Ah, i went to the Costa Blanca. Had a few nice days but my cousin got ill so when it was nice i had to stay inside for her. Not that i minded really though.

Aye. I'm hoping it'll get better when i start college, its just like old things resurfacing.

That's why i wanted to come back! Because i missed all the great people on here! I couldn't let a few that i didn't like spoil it for me.

Can't decide whether i want to go to university though and what i want to do. Its messing with my head!! :bleh:

Ah, i went to the Costa Blanca. Had a few nice days but my cousin got ill so when it was nice i had to stay inside for her. Not that i minded really though.

Aye. I'm hoping it'll get better when i start college, its just like old things resurfacing.

That's why i wanted to come back! Because i missed all the great people on here! I couldn't let a few that i didn't like spoil it for me.

Can't decide whether i want to go to university though and what i want to do. Its messing with my head!! :bleh:

Well I was kinda thinking something was up

Id DEFO go to Uni , a one off life changing experience :punk:

• 5 months later...

Ours is turning to rain later :( but they've cancelled our uni tomorrow anyway :naughty:

I've been out walking in the snow around London since 8am. I'm FREEZING now and my legs are aching sooo much!

n548905297_5843700_7325.jpg

n548905297_5843704_8787.jpg

n548905297_5843713_2164.jpg

^ That guy decided to just ski to work over Westminster Bridge earlier hahah

Ours is turning to rain later :( but they've cancelled our uni tomorrow anyway :naughty:

I've been out walking in the snow around London since 8am. I'm FREEZING now and my legs are aching sooo much!

Aw great pictures! That guy is so random! :naughty:

People have been snowboarding and everything! It's mad!

I'm not sure if my college is shut tomorrow or not... :blink:

I’m sorry to invade your thread, but I was looking for snow's photos!:blush-anim-cl:

When I think that I was in these places last year and now everything is white and so beautiful!:wub2:

I’m sorry to invade your thread, but I was looking for snow's photos!:blush-anim-cl:

When I think that I was in these places last year and now everything is white and so beautiful!:wub2:

Hey! Don't worry - You're not invading! Everyone is welcome here :thumb_yello:

It was so beautiful, but now it's all gone where i live. :thumbdown: We managed to get a huge snowball fight in before it went though - someone put snow down my jacket - it's not nice. hehe.

Anybody still got snow? is there any more coming?

Hey! Don't worry - You're not invading! Everyone is welcome here :thumb_yello:

It was so beautiful, but now it's all gone where i live. :thumbdown: We managed to get a huge snowball fight in before it went though - someone put snow down my jacket - it's not nice. hehe.

Anybody still got snow? is there any more coming?

Thank you!:blush-anim-cl:

Awww… maybe it will snow again! Don’t be sad!:thumb_yello:

I never saw snow in my city till a few weeks ago, but, when the snow touched the ground, it disappeared! :sad: But since that time, it has been snowing in some cities of Portugal and it’s very beautiful but dangerous at the same time!

Two weeks ago and because of that "snowballs fights" I ate snow, and I can tell you it’s not good! But it was fun!:naughty:

Thank you!:blush-anim-cl:

Awww… maybe it will snow again! Don’t be sad!:thumb_yello:

I never saw snow in my city till a few weeks ago, but, when the snow touched the ground, it disappeared! :sad: But since that time, it has been snowing in some cities of Portugal and it’s very beautiful but dangerous at the same time!

Two weeks ago and because of that "snowballs fights" I ate snow, and I can tell you it’s not good! But it was fun!:naughty:

:naughty:

Yeah! That's a shame that, i always get real excited but most of the time it just disappears... :thumbdown: And it can be dangerous, my mum lost control of the car just the other day down a hill while i was there because of the ice - its not a nice feeling!

Snowball fights are always fun! (just not when someone puts a load of snow down your jacket!) :punk:

I didn't know that it snowed in Portugal to be honest! I thought it was always quite warm there?

:naughty:

Yeah! That's a shame that, i always get real excited but most of the time it just disappears... :thumbdown: And it can be dangerous, my mum lost control of the car just the other day down a hill while i was there because of the ice - its not a nice feeling!

Snowball fights are always fun! (just not when someone puts a load of snow down your jacket!) :punk:

I didn't know that it snowed in Portugal to be honest! I thought it was always quite warm there?

That isn't good! My dad is a driver and sees lots of snow, sometimes he get stuck in some places because he can’t drive! When the snow starts to fall the best thing to do is to stay at home!:blink:

Portugal is a small country, but we have everything! The warmer place is the south of the country, most known by Algarve!:wink2:

This year we are having some cold, lots of snow and rain, and this is not very normal!:thumbdown:

• 5 months later...
  • 6 years later...

I'm digging up this old thread as we somehow don't have an UK thread in MFC international. I've a question for the UK members: If I want to sent a parcel from the UK, how do I do it? Simple question, but after googling a bit I got even more confused :insane: Seems like you have a million different shipping providers  :aah: Parcelforce seems to be one of the cheapest. If I want to use this one, do I have to find a special Parcelforce shop? Or can I choose them while going to a normal post office?

• 4 years later...

Hello British people!

It's been a while since I've logged on here, (and I'm not British) but I came here because I don't really know where else to write this. In my uni department, I have a subject called British society and culture, and last week, we got a homework that is quiet nasty. We need to reach out to people living in the UK an ask them a few questions, so if anyone sees this and has a bit of time, please pm me. Help would be very appreciated :wub2:

(ps. I'm not interested in your age, gender or anything like that, I just have a funny question :mf_rosetinted:)

Thanks in advance! :angel_not: