The British and Proud thread.... Part 2!

Hello!

Rubbish day yesterday... i got soaked because i decided to go shopping in it.... :doh:

so, what is it like living in England?? I always wanted to go, haven't yet :thumbdown: Do you ever go to London or do you live there? ( still looking for partner also.. just to let you know.. I know I sound pushy ( maybe that is why I don't have one :blink: ) .. .. ok I should probably stop posting this now!!! :lol3: bye!

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so, what is it like living in England?? I always wanted to go, haven't yet :thumbdown: Do you ever go to London or do you live there? ( still looking for partner also.. just to let you know.. I know I sound pushy ( maybe that is why I don't have one :blink: ) .. .. ok I should probably stop posting this now!!! :lol3: bye!

Hi!

Umm england not sure how to descibe what its like living here really, right now its wet and cold!

I dont live in London actually live about 3 hours away. I go to london about once every 2 months, going on friday for a few days of hard core shopping!

Oh and i guess your talking about a mika mail partner, im kinda rubbish but if you dont have any luck finding another partner i ll pair up with you.

:cool:

Hi!

Umm england not sure how to descibe what its like living here really, right now its wet and cold!

I dont live in London actually live about 3 hours away. I go to london about once every 2 months, going on friday for a few days of hard core shopping!Oh and i guess your talking about a mika mail partner, im kinda rubbish but if you dont have any luck finding another partner i ll pair up with you.

that sounds so fun, I wish I lived close to London!!! :)

:naughty:

The government annoy me... and it's £1.10 for a litre of fuel at the moment where i live... But yeah, i love it!

I'm about 3 hours from London, maybe more. i've only been once as a kid - but there's other great cities apart from London.

Like York if you like history - there's buildings from the 15th century and earlier still standing and in use, and Leeds if you like shopping. Lincoln is great too.

Seaside towns like Whitby, if you like history and literature - it was part of the setting for Bram Stoker's Dracula, and it's home to the ruined Whitby Abbey and the 99 steps which Dracula was said to have climbed...

Yorkshire is a fantastic place if you ever visit - North Yorkshire in particular - some of the Harry Potter films were filmed on the old railway line which you can visit, and the moors are beautiful too. And the people are lovely too.... :wink2: Yorkshire/Derbyshire - the ladybower reservoir and that area is beautiful, and Snake Pass (although it made me dizzy from altitude sickness).

Eeee! Look at that! ^ I should be a travel agent or whatever you call them... tour guide or whatever.... :naughty:

The government annoy me... and it's £1.10 for a litre of fuel at the moment where i live... But yeah, i love it!

I'm about 3 hours from London, maybe more. i've only been once as a kid - but there's other great cities apart from London.

Like York if you like history - there's buildings from the 15th century and earlier still standing and in use, and Leeds if you like shopping. Lincoln is great too.

Seaside towns like Whitby, if you like history and literature - it was part of the setting for Bram Stoker's Dracula, and it's home to the ruined Whitby Abbey and the 99 steps which Dracula was said to have climbed...

Yorkshire is a fantastic place if you ever visit - North Yorkshire in particular - some of the Harry Potter films were filmed on the old railway line which you can visit, and the moors are beautiful too. And the people are lovely too.... :wink2: Yorkshire/Derbyshire - the ladybower reservoir and that area is beautiful, and Snake Pass (although it made me dizzy from altitude sickness).

Eeee! Look at that! ^ I should be a travel agent or whatever you call them... tour guide or whatever.... :naughty:

How 'bout Lincoln Cathedrail? :naughty:

Mind you, shopping is rubbish in Lincoln, and York is beautiful, I went 2 years ago. And I think your about right with the time to get to London, because we ended up visiting my cousin after we went to York who lives in London.

But then again, it depends on traffic, it took my dad 7 hours to get to London once :naughty:

Farnborough.

At first i thought it was Farnborough in Hampshire where i used to live, but its Kent/London area.

it was an 8 seater jet - the type that celebrities fly in. Apparently the people in the house are on holiday though! Thats crazy! So lucky if they are. I hope they are.

:shocked: I heard about that! I used to live in Hampshire too! :shocked:

Woah.... :boxed:

:biggrin2: this is making me really want to travel to England, ... like now! leeds sounds fun to go and shop! York also sounds fun, I love little vintage things and antiques, so I bet I would love to see those houses! :thumb_yello:

Hi!

I dont live in London actually live about 3 hours away. I go to london about once every 2 months, going on friday for a few days of hard core shopping!

Oh and i guess your talking about a mika mail partner, im kinda rubbish but if you dont have any luck finding another partner i ll pair up with you.

Why are you rubbish? :)

How 'bout Lincoln Cathedrail? :naughty:

Mind you, shopping is rubbish in Lincoln, and York is beautiful, I went 2 years ago. And I think your about right with the time to get to London, because we ended up visiting my cousin after we went to York who lives in London.

But then again, it depends on traffic, it took my dad 7 hours to get to London once :naughty:

:punk: I love Lincoln! I never got chance to go in the Cathedral, but the shopping there is brill.

I went to this gorgeous restuarant type place in Lincoln, its in this really reall old Tudor building, and the floor dips in the middle because its so old! Couldnt remember the name though.

Oh, and if you ever go to Whitby, go to a restaurant called the Magpie - the best Fish and Chips in the whole country, hands down.

:punk: I love Lincoln! I never got chance to go in the Cathedral, but the shopping there is brill.

I went to this gorgeous restuarant type place in Lincoln, its in this really reall old Tudor building, and the floor dips in the middle because its so old! Couldnt remember the name though.

Oh, and if you ever go to Whitby, go to a restaurant called the Magpie - the best Fish and Chips in the whole country, hands down.

It's really pretty near the Cathedral, and they do the greatest ghost walks :naughty:

I'll ask dad, he's good with historical stuff, :naughty:

Woo! Fish and Chips! Grah, I'm hungry now :roftl:

And it's so unfair! All us lot get stuck in school while everyone gets off this week, :blink:

• 2 weeks later...

Hello guys, oh my gees I havn't been here for ages....

Bumping into the converstaion, I live about 45 minutes from centeral London by train and about an hour and a bit by car, so I live really close. I wish I could go more often, but I am only 14 so my parents wont let me go that often, but when I do it is immensly cool! I really like London, I feel quite at home there, especially all the shopping! lol!

Hello guys, oh my gees I havn't been here for ages....

Bumping into the converstaion, I live about 45 minutes from centeral London by train and about an hour and a bit by car, so I live really close. I wish I could go more often, but I am only 14 so my parents wont let me go that often, but when I do it is immensly cool! I really like London, I feel quite at home there, especially all the shopping! lol!

I really need to visit London. I'd feel at home with all those shops.

I really need to visit London. I'd feel at home with all those shops.

I went into town for the whole of today with my two best friends...we saw two movies in a row and then went shopping for 4 hours! fun, fun, fun!

What movies did you see?

I saw 27 dresses and Step Up 2. I also saw the Other Boleyn Girl the other week. Heres the order of my favourites (not that you want to know but I'll tell you anyway!)

1)The Other Boleyn Girl (this won by a mile!)

2)27 dresses (such a cute chick flick!)

3)Step Up 2 ('twas OK)

I saw 27 dresses and Step Up 2. I also saw the Other Boleyn Girl the other week. Heres the order of my favourites (not that you want to know but I'll tell you anyway!)

1)The Other Boleyn Girl (this won by a mile!)

2)27 dresses (such a cute chick flick!)

3)Step Up 2 ('twas OK)

I want to see 27 dresses. I love a good chick flick.

Talking 'bout films, my cimema's doing 3 Children's Tim Burton Films in a row!

I've invited my friend Somer and shes invited her friend Karli, and then Karli's bringing half the goths in school XD

But hey, I missed out watching the Corpse Bride at the cinema so I'm happy now :naughty:

No, sorry, i havent heard of that one!! :bleh:

oh.. so what other movies are playing in England? or is there any big news? ( do I sound like an interviewer??, sorry I love other Countries.. they are my favorite!! :lol3: )

bye!

oh.. so what other movies are playing in England? or is there any big news? ( do I sound like an interviewer??, sorry I love other Countries.. they are my favorite!! :lol3: )

bye!

:lol3: Big news.... uhhhmm... just thinking.

Not much really, a plane crashed into some houses in Kent a few weeks back and the residents were on holiday.

A kid went missing in February, they found her but now the police think that it was all set up by her mother... :blink:

uhhh, Pete Doherty has gone to jail (best place for him).

Heathrow's new Terminal 5 opened last week and there was chaos - so many people lost their bags, couldnt get on flights, delays... Calvin Harris lost the only copy of his new album there......

And err, all this boring stuff about a credit crunch, and how the Euro is getting stronger against the Pound everyday....

That's all i can think of! Anyone else???

:lol3: Big news.... uhhhmm... just thinking.

Not much really, a plane crashed into some houses in Kent a few weeks back and the residents were on holiday.

A kid went missing in February, they found her but now the police think that it was all set up by her mother... :blink:

uhhh, Pete Doherty has gone to jail (best place for him).

Heathrow's new Terminal 5 opened last week and there was chaos - so many people lost their bags, couldnt get on flights, delays... Calvin Harris lost the only copy of his new album there......

And err, all this boring stuff about a credit crunch, and how the Euro is getting stronger against the Pound everyday....

That's all i can think of! Anyone else???

Yup! Mark Speights gone missing!

Poor guy :tears:

And I came on here today to bump this thread! How weird o_O

I wanna bump the Goth Detectives thread now :bleh: