Did u guys know MIKA's OCD?

victoria+Mika

I heard on this news thingy that MIKA has an OCD-(obssesive compulsive disorder) it said that MIKA's OCD was he wont drink tea if it isnt made the way it is suppose to be(he says) they say he said "I only drink tea when there is a certain amount of tea in the pot the cup has to be in the right place, and there has to be a certain amount of tea in the cup" I don know if it's true or not but if it isn't DONT be mad at me!:blink: I LOVE U MIKA:wub2: :wub2:

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard on this news thingy that MIKA has an OCD-(obssesive compulsive disorder) it said that MIKA's OCD was he wont drink tea if it isnt made the way it is suppose to be(he says) they say he said "I only drink tea when there is a certain amount of tea in the pot the cup has to be in the right place, and there has to be a certain amount of tea in the cup" I don know if it's true or not but if it isn't DONT be mad at me!:blink: I LOVE U MIKA:wub2: :wub2:

Check out the FAQs, it's in there with everything else you need to know;-)

This was actually one of the first things that I found out about Mika. I read the quote at the start of the thread in an online article as well as him saying that it takes him an hour to make a cup of tea!!! He wears three watches in his wrist...although only the Nike digital watch can tell the time...maybe that has something to do with his dyslexia. Also, I believe he buys things in three's. As for people being obsessive compulsive: there is a difference between being a perfectionist and having OCD. The main difference is that OCD interferes with one's life...I know this because I did a psychology project on OCD.

S'all here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_hIsy4ELg0

:thumb_yello:

haha:roftl: i knew that i remember an interview he did and he said that he only likes to make his own tea because he said people pour the hot water on the tea bag first which ruins the flavor ,or something like that, of the tea:bleh: :wink2:

This was actually one of the first things that I found out about Mika. I read the quote at the start of the thread in an online article as well as him saying that it takes him an hour to make a cup of tea!!! He wears three watches in his wrist...although only the Nike digital watch can tell the time...maybe that has something to do with his dyslexia. Also, I believe he buys things in three's. As for people being obsessive compulsive: there is a difference between being a perfectionist and having OCD. The main difference is that OCD interferes with one's life...I know this because I did a psychology project on OCD.

Yeah, I have OCD, but it was more severe when I was younger (well, kind of). I used to wash my hands obsessively, and my doctor even recommended I see a psychologist. My parents said forget it, and although I still wash my hands all the time, it's not full-blown OCD anymore. (I don't think.) But yeah, I think it's mostly OCD-tendencies. I'm quirky, there's no doubt about that. :naughty:

My friend in college had it really bad, though. She used to count every step when she went up a flight of stairs, and if it wasn't a certain number, she'd have to go back and count again. She had to be on medication for her OCD.

I don't take meds. But I do yoga. :wink2:

Yeah, I have OCD, but it was more severe when I was younger (well, kind of). I used to wash my hands obsessively, and my doctor even recommended I see a psychologist. My parents said forget it, and although I still wash my hands all the time, it's not full-blown OCD anymore. (I don't think.) But yeah, I think it's mostly OCD-tendencies. I'm quirky, there's no doubt about that. :naughty:

My friend in college had it really bad, though. She used to count every step when she went up a flight of stairs, and if it wasn't a certain number, she'd have to go back and count again. She had to be on medication for her OCD.

I don't take meds. But I do yoga. :wink2:

It's good that you sought help in a doctor, your parents and...yoga:thumb_yello: As for your friend in college...I hope that she is doing well.

It's good that you sought help in a doctor, your parents and...yoga:thumb_yello: As for your friend in college...I hope that she is doing well.

Thanks! Technically I never saw a doctor about it. My parents just told my pediatrician about it, and she recommended a child psychologist. But yeah, I'm OK. I still have my issues about certain things, but it doesn't affect my life in a major way. I'm just--as I said--a bit quirky.

And the last time I talked to my friend, she was doing well. She was a vocal performance major, and really, really talented. I still have the CD she made for me. :thumb_yello:

• 3 weeks later...
haha:roftl: i knew that i remember an interview he did and he said that he only likes to make his own tea because he said people pour the hot water on the tea bag first which ruins the flavor ,or something like that, of the tea:bleh: :wink2:

I think he give those explanations about tea because if you don’t follow some rules it’ll become bitter:emot-sad: . It used to happen to me until I found the right way to prepare. I don’t drink tea frequently but people, who do, know very well all these things:naughty: .

I know this thread is about Mika's OCD but I'll write it anyways...

My cat does this thing where he'll sit on his back legs and put his paws together, up and down, as if he's trying to grab something in the air. We asked the vet what it was and he said that my cat has OCD. Never knew cats could have OCD.

Random, I know, but I was thinking about it today and thought I could post it here, on the MFC.

I know this thread is about Mika's OCD but I'll write it anyways...

My cat does this thing where he'll sit on his back legs and put his paws together, up and down, as if he's trying to grab something in the air. We asked the vet what it was and he said that my cat has OCD. Never knew cats could have OCD.

Random, I know, but I was thinking about it today and thought I could post it here, on the MFC.

omg that is really strange!:boxed: