Cover Song Fantasies

Scut Monkey

Can you imagine an INXS cover at an Aussie gig? That would be f*cking rocking. :punk: I think he'd prefer Devil Inside or Original Sin, they translate really energetically live.

That would be the only way he could repay me for the useless V fest ticket and disappointment of not getting LICM tour..

But I would most especially want to hear his interpretation of Never Tear Us Apart, oh how I love that song: the lyrics are beautiful, the music is evocative and Michael Hutchence's vocals are amazing. :wub2: ... I think I would be bawling my eyes out by the time he reaches the "we could live for a thousand years, if I hurt you I'd make wine from your tears" line. I've told you before that Mika reminds me of Michael in some repects. R.I.P. Michael Hutchence. :tears:

And that's the only way Mika could turn me into a fangurl.. temporary of course.. but.. :wub2: *sigh*

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We wouldn't normally pick INXS as a band someone should cover. Mika should consider it an honour that we think he is good enough to cover an INXS song.

Indeed. In my opinion INXS are some of the best musicians that the world has ever seen and Michael Hutchence (R.I.P.) aside from being a brilliant songwriter and an amazing vocalist was one of the most charismatic performers to ever grace the stage and one of the sexiest men to ever woo the public. Deeming Mr. "I've Just Finished My First Tour" Penniman as talented enough to cover an INXS song well is high praise - Michael Hutchence's live performances are a very tough act to follow (which he would know since he claims to have the INXS DVD's :naughty:). But we did see elements of Michael's style in Mika's performance of Sweet Dreams at the Fillmore. Who knows, maybe one day he'll be comparable.

[/color]That would be the only way he could repay me for the useless V fest ticket and disappointment of not getting LICM tour..

that's the only way Mika could turn me into a fangurl.. temporary of course.. but.. :wub2: *sigh*[/color]

I think it would be sufficient compensation. (Gosh we're cheap: all it takes is one INXS cover to buy our souls. :naughty:)

Even I would stop pretending to not like him long enough to squee like a fangurl if he did Never Tear Us Apart (especially if it's acoustic, that's when the bawling would come in). :wub2:

Ha ha...I was just wondering when you Aussies ('specially you, Scut) might finally remember INXS... :naughty:

You knew? :tears:

Indeed. In my opinion INXS are some of the best musicians that the world has ever seen and Michael Hutchence (R.I.P.) aside from being a brilliant songwriter and an amazing vocalist was one of the most charismatic performers to ever grace the stage and one of the sexiest men to ever woo the public. Deeming Mr. "I've Just Finished My First Tour" Penniman as talented enough to cover an INXS song well is high praise - Michael Hutchence's live performances are a very tough act to follow (which he would know since he claims to have the INXS DVD's :naughty:). But we did see elements of Michael's style in Mika's performance of Sweet Dreams at the Fillmore. Who knows, maybe one day he'll be comparable.

:shocked:I didn't know Mika had INXS DVD's.. I only heard that he'd requested Original Sin when in Oz.. I respect him more now that I know that! I think in time Mika will be able to perform as confident as Michael Hutchence (R.I.P.) did as well, once he loses more of his nervousness and that unco dancing we see so often. :naughty:

I think it would be sufficient compensation. (Gosh we're cheap: all it takes is one INXS cover to buy our souls. :naughty:)

Even I would stop pretending to not like him long enough to squee like a fangurl if he did Never Tear Us Apart (especially if it's acoustic, that's when the bawling would come in). :wub2:

So cheap!! hahaha

If he does INXS, I'll be shaking you and squeeing.. then bawling and holding your hand in the front row with you..

Awww, I love that song. It translates beautifully to piano. Another one he could do really well. :thumb_yello:

Wouldn't it be absolutely amazing if he did it live in our home town of Melbourne in his (yet to be announced :mf_rosetinted:) Australian tour? It's one of those iconic sing-along songs that everyone knows the lyrics to... that is, when the audience isn't silent in awe. :thumb_yello:(Again, yay to more Aussie artists. :punk:)

*agrees*...that song always puts people in a trance!

As long as he finally plays in Melbourne I'd settle for anything *realises she should be careful what she wishes for*

And I'd love to hear him sing Amazing Grace also. That song just grabs me.

INXS songs: Original Sin, New Sensation,

WAIT! I might as well say anything by INXS!!

That's all I can think of right now..

Not sure if these were already mentioned though.

Amazing Grace would be good.

Never thought of Inxs....has to be Elegantly Wasted.

How about the Whitlams?

No Aphrodisiac

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfd1xUfJMmU&feature=related

or...Thank You For Loving Me At My Worst

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7t4R8Kf-aY&feature=related

:shocked:I didn't know Mika had INXS DVD's.. I only heard that he'd requested Original Sin when in Oz.. I respect him more now that I know that! I think in time Mika will be able to perform as confident as Michael Hutchence (R.I.P.) did as well, once he loses more of his nervousness and that unco dancing we see so often. :naughty:

Here's a link to the interview: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDdLH29S58o (near the end). "I'm quite a Michael Hutchence fan. I think he was an amazing performer. I've got the DVD's." The man's got taste. :thumb_yello:

I agree, I think in time he may reach the same level of confidence onstage, you can already see he's become more confident with time. But I think he'll never be sex on legs like Michael, he just doesn't seem to have the same charisma and inherent sex appeal (being cagey about his sexuality doesn't help either - with the exception of fangurls who'd think him sexy any way). BUT that's perfectly fine if he doesn't even want it in the first place.

If he does INXS, I'll be shaking you and squeeing.. then bawling and holding your hand in the front row with you..

Kelz, here are you and me:

scutkelzow7.jpg

Screencap from Mirano's video.

(My hair will have grown back and you'll have died your hair blonde again by the time Mika gets around to performing in Melbourne. :mf_rosetinted:)

The Phantom of the Opera. :wub2: Gosh, has anyone here seen a live production of it? I didn't see the recent Melbourne production because tickets became so darn expensive by the time I wanted to buy one (we're talking several hundred dollars here). But a friend who went comforted me with the assurance that I missed out on the opportunity of a lifetime. :sneaky2:

Here's a link to the interview: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDdLH29S58o (near the end). "I'm quite a Michael Hutchence fan. I think he was an amazing performer. I've got the DVD's." The man's got taste.

Thanks! I think I have it on my computer but I never know these days (like the other day when you wanted sexy back from youtube.. "Oh there it is.. fancy that" :naughty:)

I agree, I think in time he may reach the same level of confidence onstage, you can already see he's become more confident with time. But I think he'll never be sex on legs like Michael, he just doesn't seem to have the same charisma and inherent sex appeal (being cagey about his sexuality doesn't help either - with the exception of fangurls who'd think him sexy any way). BUT that's perfectly fine if he doesn't even want it in the first place.

Michael Hutchence, from memory, was confident at the start but not to the levels he later exhibited. Obviously, he became more confident with age and got over the fear of standing in front of a million screaming fans..

Mika stands a chance. That's all I'll say. :wink2:

Don't get me started on the sexuality issue.. :naughty: Not in here.

Kelz, here are you and me:

scutkelzow7.jpg

Screencap from Mirano's video.

(My hair will have grown back and you'll have died your hair blonde again by the time Mika gets around to performing in Melbourne. )

LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!! Here we are also: fangurl.gifsquee.gif

The Phantom of the Opera. Gosh, has anyone here seen a live production of it? I didn't see the recent Melbourne production because tickets became so darn expensive by the time I wanted to buy one (we're talking several hundred dollars here). But a friend who went comforted me with the assurance that I missed out on the opportunity of a lifetime.

I saw it .. *counts years* Geez, I must've been 13 years old, so that makes it 17 years ago.. :roftl:

wow, lol , that's a cool story, thanx for sharing... wonder why he told you tocheck jb after he discovered you liked mika though...anyway this teacher sounds great!

Thanks.

I'm not exactlly sure why either. I haven't got around to listening to Jeff Buckley's music yet. I should get on it though, right? Maybe it has less to do with them sounding alike but maybe the sheer talent they both possess(ed).

hmmmm...let me think...maybe "Bedshaped" by Keane; it's such a beautiful song! :wub2:

Keane:wub2:

"Everybody's Changing" is one of my favourite songs - that would be a very self-indulgent cover fantasy for me.

Other self-indulgent cover fantasies (which means that they might not necessarily be Mika's style but I'd love to hear his rendition anyway) cont'd:

- "You Drive Me Crazy" and "Suspicious Minds" by the Fine Young Cannibals

- "Red, Red Wine" by UB40.

Sorry if this has been said before as I haven't read the whole thread, but yesterday somebody (it may have been dcdeb) said they'd like Mika to cover James's Laid, which prompted me to look up Born Of Frustration again (my favourite James song):

I'd forgotten just how great and anthemic that song is, and I would love to hear Mika have a go at that whoooping noise, woo-woo-woo-woo-woo-woo-WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

after thinking about this for a few days... (hey... it is a slow season here!)

there is a few songs that i'd like monsieur Mika to cover... such as

"imagine" from the beatles

but i think the one i would love him to do is

"under pressure" by david bowie (and freddie)

so monsieur mika would have to duet with (maybe saranayde) or another artist.

i think his vocal range would sound excellenttttttttttt on this song.:wink2:

Hhhhmmm .... while sitting on the verandah this dusk ... a few more songs came to me .....

David Bowie : Life On Mars .

Fame .

Stevie Wonder : Ngiculela -Es Una Historia ( I am Singing).

Saturn.

Lou Reed : Walk on the Wild Side .

Perfect Day.

Satellite of Love.

American boy :lmao:

Haha uhm...probably strawberry fields forever by the beatles, imagine by john lennon, uhm...Stronger kanya west, colours calvin harris, Killer queen (when he finally remembers the words :sneaky2:), we will rock you, another one bites the dust uhm most queen songs.