Appleman, apples, cats, donuts, sarcasm, wizards (kind & fine), and WHATEVER part 4

Yoppappop

I'd wouldn't be able to stop myself snatching them back to scan in that situation. It all sounds fascinating. And I did love Jack's drawings, I just can never think of anything to say about visual art.

I would snatch them back if he actually knew where they were!! :blink:

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

No problem!! :thumb_yello: I will keep on at him (when I see him, which

is not often) otherwise I may have to go to his house and annoy him

until he finds them :naughty:

:sneaky2: I'd be pissed. You seem to be taking it well (well I dunno, but your posts sound pretty tame - I'd have some select curse words if it were me :naughty:). I would be a total nag too. Besides, he needs to tidy his house anyway...

Hey guys, sorry I haven't been on MFC. :-/ I became unemployed and suddenly acquired a bustling busy social life. I've been flitting up and down the East Coast for the past week and a half--Washington DC, New York, Philadelphia, New York again... Philadelphia again on Tuesday.

Except for the money thing, not having a job has been a blast. I haven't had this much fun, seen this many people, read this much for myself, or created this much art in ages. Sadly that does not leave much time for Mika. --Jack

Never mind Mika, remember which thread you are in. :thumb_yello:Sounds like you had a fabuleux time, keep it up!

:( The apple thread is not as busy as it used to be! I guess everyone's getting pretty busy...me included

Nice that you've been having lots of fun Jack! I'm still stuck studying me ass off, but I got a A on my first imp. exam!! Woooooo hooo!

Well done! I expect great things!

coucou

just hopping by.

showed my freind some fotos of my past life.

time to meet up again.

news in my life:

moving to ireland for work

have my hotel diploma, without any learning and did pretty well,im a bit impresed with myself.

greatings and küsse to all of u.

hope you r all well.

vally

ps.babs, enfa, kata,jemma and satu when is the next roadtrip?

No road trip planned just yet vally, but it's great to know you are doing well too! Why Ireland though, you could have come here and visited us!

Nice to know you haven't forgotten us.

Oh Jack - guess we both wanted to rant about non-Mika things at the same time.

Cupcakes! I have been baking batches for weeks myself. I'm not kidding - I must have made 200+ cupcakes in September.

Why have you been baking approx 7 cupcakes per day in september? :boxed:

Jack - your drawings are really amazing!!!! Wish you lived closer

I would get you to illustrate the children's books I have written (no

threat to JK Rowling I can assure you!!! )

The wedding looked great as well - will be keeping that dress (and the

stripey socks!!) in mind if I have need of one in the future :wink2::naughty:

What talented and creative MFCers you both are. I don't think I have foundmy talent yet, it's obviously well hidden . :blink:

As for any children's books you and Wendi may publish together one day - you have a guaranteed reader here. :wink2:

It would be awesome for Wendi to be published with Jack's drawings wouldn't it!

No problem!! :thumb_yello: I will keep on at him (when I see him, which

is not often) otherwise I may have to go to his house and annoy him

until he finds them :naughty:

I would definitely do that if I where you!

It sounds to me like lack of respect to treat you and your work like that!

Invite yourself for tea and take a look around.:thumb_yello:

I'd wouldn't be able to stop myself snatching them back to scan in that situation. It all sounds fascinating. And I did love Jack's drawings, I just can never think of anything to say about visual art.

I know the feeling!:roftl:

Everybody saying clever things and....:blink:

:sneaky2: I'd be pissed. You seem to be taking it well (well I dunno, but your posts sound pretty tame - I'd have some select curse words if it were me :naughty:). I would be a total nag too. Besides, he needs to tidy his house anyway...

He is in his 80's - and looks like Santa Claus - I could never get cross

with him :blush-anim-cl: He is an artist - and his whole house is organised

chaos!!! I will keep mentioning it when I see him - but I guess I don't

want him to take offence at me asking for my books/photos back

when it's obvious he has not even half finished the illustrations I

asked him to do!! He really is lovely!!

I just wanted to have a quick look and found so many things going on:

1. Herzlichen Glückwunsch Vally! Well done! Have fun in Ireland!

2. I really enjoyed your pictures Jack. I don't have to say anything about the cards as everyone else has already done so :wink2:. I loved the wedding pics. The dress is beautiful. I love the red.

3. I want a cupcake! Why does noone ever make one for me?

3. Wendi: Wow! Children's books. That sounds pretty exciting.

I'll go to bed now. See you soon!

Why have you been baking approx 7 cupcakes per day in september? :boxed:

I had to host an event and then I promised a few people at work, and ....

... I love eating them. :blush-anim-cl:

He is in his 80's - and looks like Santa Claus - I could never get cross

with him :blush-anim-cl: He is an artist - and his whole house is organised

chaos!!! I will keep mentioning it when I see him - but I guess I don't

want him to take offence at me asking for my books/photos back

when it's obvious he has not even half finished the illustrations I

asked him to do!! He really is lovely!!

Oh. Well then if he looks like Santa ... :wub2:

Hello Ladies!

I was busy running around Brighton yesterday and found a little purple wizard hat with flashing stars on it. Had to buy it immediately. You never know when the next gig might come :wink2:. I wish you all a lovely day. I'm off to the library now. Holidays are over :thumbdown:

Ah! THIS is the thread I've been looking for!

*settles in* :D

Hello Bekka!! I meant to get back on your forum at the weekend. Please feel free to add a little spice here........:wink2:

Hello Ladies!

I was busy running around Brighton yesterday and found a little purple wizard hat with flashing stars on it. Had to buy it immediately. You never know when the next gig might come :wink2:. I wish you all a lovely day. I'm off to the library now. Holidays are over :thumbdown:

Hey H! Can we get a picture?

:wub2: It looks perfect :thumb_yello:

Have fun in the library! :huglove:

Oh yes, I had fun! I'm not really sure but do British students study harder? I mean I always thought that I do a lot but the reading I have to do for one session now equals the things we have to read for a whole semester in Germany. I guess I'll spend a lot of time in my room from now on :thumbdown:. I want my holidays back! And I want to go out wearing my lovely wizard hat. Damn!

Sure you can :wink2:

It looks rather blueish in this picture but its purple. From Clinton Cards (3,99)

That's cute. It almost looks like the same miniature size I painted on everyone's your head (including yours) before. :naughty:

Oh yes, I had fun! I'm not really sure but do British students study harder? I mean I always thought that I do a lot but the reading I have to do for one session now equals the things we have to read for a whole semester in Germany. I guess I'll spend a lot of time in my room from now on :thumbdown:. I want my holidays back! And I want to go out wearing my lovely wizard hat. Damn!

Don't they let you wear it in the library? :thumbdown:

Yes, vi, this country is a curse! Hats can only be worn on buses and then only on a Sunday! It's the law!

:boxed:Can't you argue that it's part of observing our faith? Our Kind & Fine Wizard worshipping practice? :naughty:

Speaking of observing traditional holidays, it's the fall season Autumn (or Fall),

and it's Thanksgiving in Canada today. We've eaten turkey, stuffing, bought pumpkins, ate pumpkin pie, we can go apple picking too :wink2:

We decorate with pumpkins too. And not necessarily jack-o-lanterns, but crazy things like this:

pumpkin.jpg

Although, tbh, that picture above is not our house :thumbdown:. We haven't gotten that creative just yet. Ours simply looks like this at the mo:

IMG_1701.jpg

Hey! Now we can add an "Apple" social group. It looks like a new function that comes with the upgrade of this forum. I don't want to create it myself, because I don't trust myself to do it right. Besides, I think it should be someone who was in posting in the Apples thread from the start.

*coughbabscoughkatacoughyopcoughvallycoughhaeschencoughjackcoughorevenchristinecough*

Ha!! That first picture is hilarious Suzy. And your house looks beautiful!

Thanks.

Hm, I somehow have to figure these new features out. Don't know when I'll have time though. University sucks!

Anyway, I'm off to bed now.

I wish you all a good night.

See you soon!

Good night!

Thanks Babs!

Darn, I can't see the wizard pic! :(

Hey Bekka!