Appleman, apples, cats, donuts, sarcasm, wizards (kind & fine), and WHATEVER part 4

Yoppappop

Oh hah, we did! Wow, that's pretty crazy about your friend. Hope she remembers you indeed. Even better, hope you come up with something to patent soon and remember us. :naughty:

Are you kidding? 'Course not - half a million for a Mika gig? It's on me. :naughty:

Awww, yes I did. :thumb_yello: And for not having seen their wedding clothes yet, I did not get it too badly off, I think!

--Jack

How you even got the red dress shaded to look so shiny and satiny right down to the dainty pattern in the background - that's incredible.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think everyone has already said what I wanted to say so here's the summary: I really love the drawings, Jack, and like I've said before that wedding looks like it was awesome - fun and casual yet genuine. :thumb_yello: Suz, I hope you find your million dollar idea too. :naughty:

Jack! Wow! Your drawings are (insert appropriate superlative here eg:great, fantastic, awesome, amazing!)

:blush-anim-cl: Thank you and Scut again. :wub2:

So the author is Neil Gaiman? But you're not a Terry Pratchett fan....

Yes... love that man. He was so nice and witty and charming and everything, and best of all, talking to him felt like talking to just... a person, and one with whom it's easy to develop a rapport. He really makes you feel comfortable. I followed him around just for my own amusement, but I am really grateful now that I got the chance to meet him.

Why am I not a fan of Terry Pratchett? I mean, I just haven't read his things but I don't dislike him... I just haven't really taken the time to read him aside from "Good Omens."

But I have to say I loathe Nick Cave. Hubby likes him. I think he writes interesting music but can't stand his voice and I don't believe he can actually sing. But to each their own.

Ohhhhhh no, I love him. He is in my top 3. David Bowie, Marc Bolan, and Nick Cave. I think his voice is actually great, ha. I was just talking with my friends yesterday how amazing it is that he kept it, considering everything he's put himself through, and how he can still both croon and scream with as much vigor as he does. David Bowie is the artist that I feel could not sing for a very long time, but he's learned how to over the years. (Mind you I still love his early stuff, because even though he couldn't "sing" he has a lovely voice that he uses to interesting effect.)

Anyway, yes, adore him and his music. He's a legend.

--Jack

Awesome drawings, Jack! :thumb_yello: I'm especially impressed with the wedding card, your friends resemble that couple on the card so much that I wonder what was first - the card or the wedding :naughty:

Suzy, what could it be that your former colleague invented? Can't be the post-its...

I wish I could invent something too. Preferably something everybody NEEDS to use and then throw away on a daily basis. But then I think, all objects meeting this criteria have been invented already.... :thumbdown:

Jack - your drawings are really amazing!!!! Wish you lived closer

I would get you to illustrate the children's books I have written (no

threat to JK Rowling I can assure you!!! :naughty:)

The wedding looked great as well - will be keeping that dress (and the

stripey socks!!) in mind if I have need of one in the future :wink2::naughty:

Jack - your drawings are really amazing!!!! Wish you lived closer

I would get you to illustrate the children's books I have written (no

threat to JK Rowling I can assure you!!! :naughty:)

The wedding looked great as well - will be keeping that dress (and the

stripey socks!!) in mind if I have need of one in the future :wink2::naughty:

You have written children's books? :shocked:

Care to show us something? :wub2:

You have written children's books? :shocked:

Care to show us something? :wub2:

They are with an elderly artist just now - he is meant to be doing

some illustrations for me - but he has had my photo's for over

a year now!! I am a bit scared he might die before I get them back

and they are special photos - of my sister and I as young children,

and Heather (my sister) died aged 28 of breast cancer, so I do not

want to lose them!! The books are dedicated to Heather, and the

main character is called Heather - so she needs to feature in some

form. I have written a series of three - quite short, and for 3 - 9

year olds I guess. Don't really want to go into the theme in case

it gets pinched :naughty: - but as soon as I have some interest

from publishers you will be the first to know!!! You will hear me from

all points in the World as I will scream so loud!!! :roftl::roftl:

This is fantastic! :cheerful_h4h:

Sorry to hear about Heather :emot-sad:, but I think making her reappear in your books is such a great way to keep the memory alive. I'll keep my toes and fingers crossed for you to have your stories published. And hey, I want my copy signed! :thumb_yello:

So THIS is where everyone is hiding these days! :punk:

(Does having a Mika-related tattoo permanently ban me from this thread?) :naughty:

Jack - OMG drawings! They're freakin' amazing. I've always really admired people who have the ability to get images from inside their heads onto paper/canvas/etc. And like Suzy said, the detail in your drawings is fabulous. I love that wedding, too - the bride looked beautiful. :mf_lustslow:

Chickadee, Twatty - long time no see! How goes?

Wendi - I didn't know you wrote children's stories! That's really cool. And yes, if they get published you hafta' come on here and shout it from the virtual rooftops. :wub2:

This is fantastic! :cheerful_h4h:

Sorry to hear about Heather :emot-sad:, but I think making her reappear in your books is such a great way to keep the memory alive. I'll keep my toes and fingers crossed for you to have your stories published. And hey, I want my copy signed! :thumb_yello:

No problem!!! :wink2:

So THIS is where everyone is hiding these days! :punk:

(Does having a Mika-related tattoo permanently ban me from this thread?) :naughty:

Jack - OMG drawings! They're freakin' amazing. I've always really admired people who have the ability to get images from inside their heads onto paper/canvas/etc. And like Suzy said, the detail in your drawings is fabulous. I love that wedding, too - the bride looked beautiful. :mf_lustslow:

Chickadee, Twatty - long time no see! How goes?

Wendi - I didn't know you wrote children's stories! That's really cool. And yes, if they get published you hafta' come on here and shout it from the virtual rooftops. :wub2:

I'm well, same old same old, just whining about uni and family etc. :naughty: How about you? Still on a high? :bleh:

P.S. What's the tattoo of? :das:

Jack

What great illustrations!! How amazing you knew exactly what your friends would wear.

And finally, yesterday: Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds!

--Jack

Ohhhhhh no, I love him. He is in my top 3. David Bowie, Marc Bolan, and Nick Cave. I think his voice is actually great, ha. I was just talking with my friends yesterday how amazing it is that he kept it, considering everything he's put himself through, and how he can still both croon and scream with as much vigor as he does. David Bowie is the artist that I feel could not sing for a very long time, but he's learned how to over the years. (Mind you I still love his early stuff, because even though he couldn't "sing" he has a lovely voice that he uses to interesting effect.)

Anyway, yes, adore him and his music. He's a legend.

--Jack

A little ancient history for you, Jack. I saw Nick Cave first in 1978 as the singer with The Birthday Party. One of my good friends was Sebastian Harvey, brother of Mick Harvey in the Birthday Party. I was very young and thought them all slightly "out there"...not really aware of the huge influence they were having on the Australian music scene at the time

all points in the World as I will scream so loud!!!

I can't wait to hear more about your books Wendi!

I'm well, same old same old, just whining about uni and family etc. :naughty: How about you? Still on a high? :bleh:

P.S. What's the tattoo of? :das:

You missed Mana's amazing tattoo??? You better check her thread

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16875

You missed Mana's amazing tattoo??? You better check her thread

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16875

I haven't been venturing out of my regular threads much lately. :fisch:

But wow, Mana, that's some tattoo. I thought it'd be something small, I didn't expect a relatively large lollipop girl on your ankle. It's very well-done.:thumb_yello: I just hope in 30 years' time you don't look down and think "why the hell did I think it a good idea to ink a girl carrying a lollipop onto my ankle?" :naughty:

Jack

What great illustrations!! How amazing you knew exactly what your friends would wear.

Well. :blush-anim-cl: It's not like I guessed out of thin air. I knew the bride would be wearing a red strapless gown with striped stockings (I also knew she'd have a veil and a headdress, but I just chose not to draw that), and that the groom would be getting a suit from this one specific designer-person... so I had a fair bit to go on.

A little ancient history for you, Jack. I saw Nick Cave first in 1978 as the singer with The Birthday Party. One of my good friends was Sebastian Harvey, brother of Mick Harvey in the Birthday Party. I was very young and thought them all slightly "out there"...not really aware of the huge influence they were having on the Australian music scene at the time

That's really neat though! I am glad you Aussies at least know who he is. People don't much here, apparently. Which is... ridiculous to me. How can they not know? He's... he's Nick Cave! I am told that because of this he doesn't tour here very often. I was annoyed that it was so easy to get first row, honestly. (Well, I ended up joining some people who had been queuing since early at the very head of the line, but even my original spot would have gotten me there...) I was like "what is wrong with people?! They should have been lining up ages ago! He is amazing! AMAZING, goddamit."

Wendi, that's so great about your children's books! Btw, I can do illustrations even from far away you know. :-) Feel free to hit me up for any future publishing endeavors, haha. Are you doing a whole series?

Twatty, I totally forgot about Coming Out Day. ack.

--Jack

Well. :blush-anim-cl: It's not like I guessed out of thin air. I knew the bride would be wearing a red strapless gown with striped stockings (I also knew she'd have a veil and a headdress, but I just chose not to draw that), and that the groom would be getting a suit from this one specific designer-person... so I had a fair bit to go on.

That's really neat though! I am glad you Aussies at least know who he is. People don't much here, apparently. Which is... ridiculous to me. How can they not know? He's... he's Nick Cave! I am told that because of this he doesn't tour here very often. I was annoyed that it was so easy to get first row, honestly. (Well, I ended up joining some people who had been queuing since early at the very head of the line, but even my original spot would have gotten me there...) I was like "what is wrong with people?! They should have been lining up ages ago! He is amazing! AMAZING, goddamit."

Wendi, that's so great about your children's books! Btw, I can do illustrations even from far away you know. :-) Feel free to hit me up for any future publishing endeavors, haha. Are you doing a whole series?

Twatty, I totally forgot about Coming Out Day. ack.

--Jack

I guess that anyone who has grown up in Australia knows of Nick Cave. Yet I've never properly listened to his work. Since you're such a fan I think I might try.:thumb_yello:

As for any children's books you and Wendi may publish together one day - you have a guaranteed reader here. :wink2:

Mhmm, I did too until a friend reminded me.

I guess that anyone who has grown up in Australia knows of Nick Cave. Yet I've never properly listened to his work. Since you're such a fan I think I might try.:thumb_yello:

As for any children's books you and Wendi may publish together one day - you have a guaranteed reader here. :wink2:

Mhmm, I did too until a friend reminded me.

And another one!:bye:

Wendi, this is so exciting!

I really wish you luck!:wub2:

--Jack

Thanks Jack :thumb_yello: I actually saw the guy today who has the books, and the photos!! That was spooky - I have not seen him about for ages. So I

asked if I could have them back!! I have finished two of them, and almost

finished the third!! I sort of made them up when my bairns were small,

and then decided to put them on paper. Will let you know what happens!

:thumb_yello:

And another one!:bye:

Wendi, this is so exciting!

I really wish you luck!:wub2:

Great - thanks :thumb_yello:

Thanks Jack :thumb_yello: I actually saw the guy today who has the books, and the photos!! That was spooky - I have not seen him about for ages. So I

asked if I could have them back!! I have finished two of them, and almost

finished the third!! I sort of made them up when my bairns were small,

and then decided to put them on paper. Will let you know what happens!

Wendi, that's very cool... did he say he finished the illustrations, or that he's close?

Wendi, that's very cool... did he say he finished the illustrations, or that he's close?

No - he said his house is very messy, and he is not sure where they

are!! :shocked: He says he has done a couple of small sketches - in a year!! :blink:

I told him the photos can not be replaced - and he said he would do his best!! I think I have copies of the stories here - but not the photos - they are irreplaceable!! Fingers crossed!!

Oh goodness! Well I hope he gets it done soon and does not lose the photos!

I'd love to see both the illustrations and stories when you can get them...

--Jack

No problem!! :thumb_yello: I will keep on at him (when I see him, which

is not often) otherwise I may have to go to his house and annoy him

until he finds them :naughty:

No - he said his house is very messy, and he is not sure where they

are!! :shocked: He says he has done a couple of small sketches - in a year!! :blink:

I told him the photos can not be replaced - and he said he would do his best!! I think I have copies of the stories here - but not the photos - they are irreplaceable!! Fingers crossed!!

I'd wouldn't be able to stop myself snatching them back to scan in that situation. It all sounds fascinating. And I did love Jack's drawings, I just can never think of anything to say about visual art.