Appleman, apples, cats, donuts, sarcasm, wizards (kind & fine), and WHATEVER part 4

Yoppappop

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Are you sure it's not you..................that is the other option of course!:naughty:

Oh nooo, I don't sound english! :roftl:. In fact when I said english speakers I should have not included myself, I meant that I was one of you but not in the language sense if that makes any sense...sigh....obviously I'm not an "english speaker" in the native sense :thumb_yello: So it's back to you I'm afraid, hehe..

Anyway so No, i am not an option, I sound spanish!

Nice to see some friends like kath (hi kath!)visiting this thread!

So, I'm going to this 70s party tonight and I didn't really have an opportunity to find an authentic outfit I had soooo many ideas, but never got the chance to go dowtown vintage shopping.

Wonder Woman (the superhero and the show with Lynda Carter) had it's heyday in the 70s. But instead of dressing up like Wonder Woman, I copped out and got a t-shirt instead. Also got a rainbow belt and pink flared (bell-bottom-like) corduroys. This is my not-so exciting attire tonight:

IMG_1625.jpg

My 7yr old's outfit is fab (i'll try to get a pic of her in it later). And my 13 yr old is wearing an afro wig.

Closetmika fan hasn't got a costume.

My pants need to be a lot wider at the bottom.

Suzy!! I love the outfit!! I would wear those pants in a flash, no fancy dress party required :roftl:.

Oooh and wonder woman . She used to be my hero! And she was sooo pretty!

Anyway I think the outfit is fab and I hope that you had a good time, was this yesterday?

question : who's going to katy perry water rats on the 10th and who would like to have the honour to welcome me in her house for 1 night on the 10th ?

I am going, but unfortunately my place is not an option, it looks like a refugee camp at the moment and is full of crap everywhere while we work on it .

But I'msure that the Bab hotel will be open as long as you're nice to her:naughty:.

Failing that, you could ask Mika :roftl:.

Sara - the party was just ok. It was last night. Forgot the camera in the car and by the time I convinced closetmikafan to fetch it, my son wasn't wearing his afro anymore, my daughter was running around the hall with a bunch of other kids and stripped off half her costume. I had a headache and was so tired from the night before when I went out late with friends. Besides, there were costumes waaaay groovier than mine. And I looked 14, and I didn't really look like I was in costume. I looked like a mom, trying to look like a teenager, wearing god-awful, bright pink corduroys. :thumbdown: I might put pics up later....haven't downloaded them yet.

Oh nooo, I don't sound english! :roftl:. In fact when I said english speakers I should have not included myself, I meant that I was one of you but not in the language sense if that makes any sense...sigh....obviously I'm not an "english speaker" in the native sense :thumb_yello: So it's back to you I'm afraid, hehe..

Anyway so No, i am not an option, I sound spanish!

Suzy!! I love the outfit!! I would wear those pants in a flash, no fancy dress party required :roftl:.

Oooh and wonder woman . She used to be my hero! And she was sooo pretty!

Anyway I think the outfit is fab and I hope that you had a good time, was this yesterday?

I am going, but unfortunately my place is not an option, it looks like a refugee camp at the moment and is full of crap everywhere while we work on it .

But I'msure that the Bab hotel will be open as long as you're nice to her:naughty:.

Failing that, you could ask Mika .

OK mystery over! Ab is back home now and she says she remembers 'thinking it' so she must have said it!:naughty: However, she agrees that it doesn't actually sound like her!:roftl:

Sara - the party was just ok. It was last night. Forgot the camera in the car and by the time I convinced closetmikafan to fetch it, my son wasn't wearing his afro anymore, my daughter was running around the hall with a bunch of other kids and stripped off half her costume. I had a headache and was so tired from the night before when I went out late with friends. Besides, there were costumes waaaay groovier than mine. And I looked 14, and I didn't really look like I was in costume. I looked like a mom, trying to look like a teenager, wearing god-awful, bright pink corduroys. I might put pics up later....haven't downloaded them yet.

Oh dear Suzy! Sorry to hear it was a bit of a disapointment...I wouldn't mind looking 14 though!:naughty:

OK mystery over! Ab is back home now and she says she remembers 'thinking it' so she must have said it!:naughty: However, she agrees that it doesn't actually sound like her!:roftl:

Oh dear Suzy! Sorry to hear it was a bit of a disapointment...I wouldn't mind looking 14 though!:naughty:

Oh, no big deal. Funny how you get sooo excited about something, and you wonder why you build up so much hype for nothing. But normally, I don't place high expectations for anything - this way, if it things turn out fabulous, then its a pleasant surprise. So I'm not sure why I got all excited about this. The costume/theme part was a novelty - but it was the same group of weirdo, crazy, relatives and the even weirder friends they know. Don't get me wrong though, I love strange and I do like most people some of the time, just can't stand the "look-at-me-even-though I'm fake" attitude :naughty:

I don't think I am worthy? :naughty:

mmmh... i'll check that... and consider the option :naughty:

Failing that, you could ask Mika :roftl:.

HYIEAH, right... :naughty:

actually, i might stay at valerie's but only if we spend the evening together as she has no ticket for the concert... but since the concert is gonna end early i think, i'll see if she can come later and i would stay at hers... but she's working the day after so i'm not sure...

i'll be arriving in the afternoon, so everything should be sure by then since i won't go to the concert with my luggage :blink: i'll keep you updated, kind and fine bab :mf_rosetinted: and thank you !

Oh, no big deal. Funny how you get sooo excited about something, and you wonder why you build up so much hype for nothing. But normally, I don't place high expectations for anything - this way, if it things turn out fabulous, then its a pleasant surprise. So I'm not sure why I got all excited about this. The costume/theme part was a novelty - but it was the same group of weirdo, crazy, relatives and the even weirder friends they know. Don't get me wrong though, I love strange and I do like most people some of the time, just can't stand the "look-at-me-even-though I'm fake" attitude :naughty:

Yes, it is weird that isn't it..............how things seem to go the opposite way to ones expectaions:shocked:

mmmh... i'll check that... and consider the option :naughty:

HYIEAH, right... :naughty:

actually, i might stay at valerie's but only if we spend the evening together as she has no ticket for the concert... but since the concert is gonna end early i think, i'll see if she can come later and i would stay at hers... but she's working the day after so i'm not sure...

i'll be arriving in the afternoon, so everything should be sure by then since i won't go to the concert with my luggage :blink: i'll keep you updated, kind and fine bab :mf_rosetinted: and thank you !

You are welcome - of course! But the gig is on a Wednesday, and I will be working wednesday and the following thursday too - you know I don't live or work in London?

You are welcome - of course! But the gig is on a Wednesday, and I will be working wednesday and the following thursday too - you know I don't live or work in London?

yeah i know, that's why i can't really say : my train is arriving early afternon so i would need somewhere to drop my stuff in the afternoon even if i sleep at yours... i asked valerie, hope she replies soon enough ! going to bestival on thursday, coming back in paris on monday and back to london again on wednesday...

Hello, Apples, long time no stalk/whine/snark. :bleh: I've been busy these last few weeks with university work and family dramas etc. so I haven't had much time to visit the MFC ('cause once you start it takes effort to stay up-to-date). I clearly missed a few events, and a bit of drama (not regretting the latter, though :rolls_eyes:).

Here's a belated but sincere :happybday::kaf: to Jack! I hope you had a lovely time!

No one reminded me that it was Mika's birthday either, it clearly wasn't pressing news. :fisch:

Anyway, I miss chatting to you all. I'll try to check in more often in the coming weeks. :thumb_yello:

Twatty!! I ESPed you today. Really, I was thinking of you, and obviously my cosmic presence got in touch with yours.:wink2:

Really? Then group consciousness must have dragged her back, cos I was talking about her yesterday with my hubby and therefore she's been in my thoughts too.

hey apples!!!!! Long time no talk!

I haven't had internet for over a week! It sucked so bad! I just moved into a new apartment and the people who were supposed to fix my internet for me were horrible! But i finally worked, just in time for school. Did I miss much? *trots of to go see what new crazy threads have been made*

wow !! almost died sinking in the mud at bestival... :naughty: but it was cool ! my back is aching for sleeping on the floor (yes, my sleeping bag is assimilated to the floor in my mind) and i appreciated the shower i took when i arrived...

Amy Winehouse DID come and performer :boxed: but i missed her cause she was late and i was not willing to wait for her for too long... considering i'm not a fan, she's not part of the people i would do that for...

anyway ! glad to see a dry floor for a day or 2, coming back to london on wednesday for 3 days... i'm a busy woman :mf_rosetinted:

how are you all ?

Maybe it's a Doctor Who-esque telepathic connection like when they freed him from the Master. :naughty: (Never mind me, I'm a geek. :rolls_eyes:)

But what you had to say to the DH about me is worrisome. :bleh:

Hahaha. That's exactly what I was picturing when I wrote it. (Fellow Dr Who geek here.)

I wasn't saying too much about you to DH. We were talking about Terry Pratchett and the fact that it took him a few books to really get to grips with writing Discworld (according to some site that DH was reading, which he disagreed with) and that the best place to start was not with the first book but with "Mort", which is the first book about Death. The second best place to start , apparently, is with "Guards! Guards!" I agreed with that, he didn't. And cos that's where Silver and I recommended you start, you came up. Did you ever read any of them, in the end?

Hahaha. That's exactly what I was picturing when I wrote it. (Fellow Dr Who geek here.)

I wasn't saying too much about you to DH. We were talking about Terry Pratchett and the fact that it took him a few books to really get to grips with writing Discworld (according to some site that DH was reading, which he disagreed with) and that the best place to start was not with the first book but with "Mort", which is the first book about Death. The second best place to start , apparently, is with "Guards! Guards!" I agreed with that, he didn't. And cos that's where Silver and I recommended you start, you came up. Did you ever read any of them, in the end?

I haven't yet since I'm still half-way through rereading the Picture of Dorian Gray. But they're on my to-read list that I'll be going through in the summer. :thumb_yello:

I haven't yet since I'm still half-way through rereading the Picture of Dorian Gray. But they're on my to-read list that I'll be going through in the summer. :thumb_yello:

Ah, Dorian Gray. I have to confess to speed-reading it when I did read it (which is so unlike me). I was mostly just trying to work out why he was one of the characters in League of Extraordinary Gentlemen.