Mika's Voice

Hey guys! I just randomly heard this on YouTube:

It's a dance remix of Mika's Grace Kelly but you can hear Mika's voice perfectly, with no harmonies or anything. Forget the background, just concentrate on his voice.

I mean, I know he had an amazing voice anyway, he's got a great vibrato, he can sing falsetto, and sing amazingly live...but it was only until this point that I've realised just how great his voice is...IN NORMAL TONE.

Especially the "say what you want to satisfy yourself..."

seriously! i mean, I'm sure the second album will have falsetto in it cos now it's like, his trademark lol, but I think more songs should have him singing in normal tone, cos it really shows how great his voice with without having to add anything to it. If ya get me?

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It is pretty good =]

i like how when it goes, 'i've gone identity mad'

he does mad in one word, not mad mad mad mad!

if that makes sense xD

i get ya! well in the song the "mad mad mad mad" is considered part of the background lol xD

Whoosh, thats pretty good:shocked:

Better then the original if i must say so myself:fisch:

I think his voice sounds different on that song, Like more err, i cant find the word...Processed? Not real?

Because when you watch him live at gigs, he sounds different to me.

Whoosh, thats pretty good:shocked:

Better then the original if i must say so myself:fisch:

I think his voice sounds different on that song, Like more err, i cant find the word...Processed? Not real?

yeah i think there has been some editing on the voice, not to try and make it sound better or anything, but it ... yargh i can't explain it. i don't know about editing lol

but people do sound different live, especially when they're jumping around as much as Mika lol

i think the guy who did the remix added a lot of reverb/ "echo chamber" which allows the voice to sound really "full" without the harmonics... if it makes sense...

But yes, it's not bad at aaaaall :thumb_yello:

i just wonder where he got the "voice alone" track from ??? i dont think you can extract that from the cd, can you ?

Ah, the Bimbo Jones remix. I like it and the Linus Loves Remix better than the Pull Tiger Tail remix.

i think the guy who did the remix added a lot of reverb/ "echo chamber" which allows the voice to sound really "full" without the harmonics... if it makes sense...

Of course it's edited. It's got a metallic electronic sound to it and a bit of an echo.

i just wonder where he got the "voice alone" track from ??? i dont think you can extract that from the cd, can you ?

Some DJ's are offered the 'stems' (i.e. the components of the song e.g. vox, backing vox, drum, bass, guitar, etc.) before a song's released and make remixes for the CD single. You usually can't get them yourself.

I don't like remixes but in this one you can hear his voice very good.

But I still think the original is better than any remix.

I love remixes. It's interesting to hear how others interpret and reinvent a song, sometimes they even create something wholly new. I like some of the Relax, Take It Easy remixes even more than I like the original. (Actually, I have 17 Relax, Take It Easy remixes. Yeah, I'm a junkie. :naughty:)

Hey guys! I just randomly heard this on YouTube:

It's a dance remix of Mika's Grace Kelly but you can hear Mika's voice perfectly, with no harmonies or anything. Forget the background, just concentrate on his voice.

I mean, I know he had an amazing voice anyway, he's got a great vibrato, he can sing falsetto, and sing amazingly live...but it was only until this point that I've realised just how great his voice is...IN NORMAL TONE.

Especially the "say what you want to satisfy yourself..."

seriously! i mean, I'm sure the second album will have falsetto in it cos now it's like, his trademark lol, but I think more songs should have him singing in normal tone, cos it really shows how great his voice with without having to add anything to it. If ya get me?

I really hope it will, it has absolutely became some kind of trade mark for him!

And he’s doing it so good!:thumb_yello:

It’s a little unusual that a male singer can sing so without it’s sounding like shrill.

He does it with a full voice.

I’m really not sure I can get my point through here, not sure that I chose the right words?

But I hope you understand what I mean.:wink2:

You can hear he has a (opera) trained voice especially when he’s doing the high notes.

It’s beautiful!:wub2:

background vocals, go therehttp://www.djbuzz.com/en/pages_music/epk.asp?numdisc=1186, remember? the remix contest for big girl, his voice is much better there and no stupid background or reverb, some people are like kids with reverb, it's awful, his voice on the link you gave was changed to be "sexy" and it makes the opposite(just like the rebel jacket:naughty: ) because it's too obvious, there are so many remixes of mika's songs and really this one is the worst to me

It’s a little unusual that a male singer can sing so without it’s sounding like shrill. He does it with a full voice.

I’m really not sure I can get my point through here, not sure that I chose the right words? But I hope you understand what I mean.:wink2:

You can hear he has a (opera) trained voice especially when he’s doing the high notes. It’s beautiful!:wub2:

I get what you mean. :wink2:

I agree with the latter. :thumb_yello:

background vocals, go therehttp://www.djbuzz.com/en/pages_music/epk.asp?numdisc=1186, remember? the remix contest for big girl, his voice is much better there and no stupid background or reverb, some people are like kids with reverb, it's awful, his voice on the link you gave was changed to be "sexy" and it makes the opposite(just like the rebel jacket:naughty: ) because it's too obvious, there are so many remixes of mika's songs and really this one is the worst to me

I forgot about those stems, I have them too. They're short, not the whole song, but the lead vocal stem and the backing vocal stem are much better examples of what Caz was after.

Ah, the Bimbo Jones remix. I like it and the Linus Loves Remix better than the Pull Tiger Tail remix.

I love the Linus Loves Remix. And because I'm just THAT cool, the first time I heard it wasn't at some fabulous nightclub, oh no - it was at the change room of a clothing store. :naughty:

I love remixes. It's interesting to hear how others interpret and reinvent a song, sometimes they even create something wholly new. I like some of the Relax, Take It Easy remixes even more than I like the original. (Actually, I have 17 Relax, Take It Easy remixes. Yeah, I'm a junkie. :naughty:)

Have you found any decent remixes of Love Today? In my experience, the ones I've found are all painfully awful. :thumbdown:

Have you found any decent remixes of Love Today? In my experience, the ones I've found are all painfully awful. :thumbdown:

have u heard the one on the love today single? "girl in the blue with the big bu- big bu- big BUST ON!!" :roftl:

have u heard the one on the love today single? "girl in the blue with the big bu- big bu- big BUST ON!!" :roftl:

I heard that one:roftl:

I love the Linus Loves Remix. And because I'm just THAT cool, the first time I heard it wasn't at some fabulous nightclub, oh no - it was at the change room of a clothing store. :naughty:

Yeah, I don't like those LT remixes either. :thumbdown: