Mika's Voice

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ooh...me likes.

I really love how they didn't make his voice all freaky like other remixes. The clarity is so amazing...

Yeah, same here. Most remixes are hideous, but you can really hear his voice well in this. And I love the "maaad" part. Nice! Thanks for the find, Caz!

Haha, he should do an acapella album. :naughty:

That would be cool.

On a Relax remix CD I bought, there's a Relax acappella version with the music of the original taken out....you can hear the echoing and the harmonies so clearly...:wub2:

have lu listened to this? just his voice: stems lead vocals and stems background vocals, JUST HIS VOICE

http://www.djbuzz.com/en/pages_music...p?numdisc=1186

Wow...i tried to open the page and got a "Page not available" message in French!!:blink::naughty:

OMGGGGGGGG. I'm listening to the "acapella" version of Big Girl. feeeeeeeeeeck i LOOOOOOOOOVE his normal tone voice!!! :wub2: :wub2: you can also "hear" where the song has been "cut" then "restarted" again lol

im listening to it right now - i love the bit where it goes 'ive gone identity maaaaaaddddddd......'

and also the bit where it goes 'say what you want to satisfy yourself' - sooo....erm......i cant think of a word to describe it.....nope....completely blank:D

so who else likes it......i might try and download this if i can:D

I love the Linus Loves Remix. And because I'm just THAT cool, the first time I heard it wasn't at some fabulous nightclub, oh no - it was at the change room of a clothing store. :naughty:

Have you found any decent remixes of Love Today? In my experience, the ones I've found are all painfully awful. :thumbdown:

Have you heard the Linus Loves Remix of The Gossip's Yr Mangled Heart? I like that one too. I think he might be my second most favourite DJ after Paper Faces, Tiga and Benny Benassi.

As for Love Today remixes, my most favourite are the Moto Blanco Mix with the keys and the disco feel and the Erick Kupper Mix, I like the acoustic guitar at the start and the catchy beat. The Rob Mello Mix isn't bad, but it's a tad weird. The Switch remix is a standard club song but it gets pretty annoying after a few listens. The Patrick Wolf one is good to get high to but sounds too abstract otherwise.

Maybe I should make a separate thread to discuss remixes? I have way too many of them. Junkie. :naughty:

OMG LMAO!!! i have listened to that band sining "grace kelly a capella" and though it's poor quality the voice of the man seems to be more perfect that's mika's voice itself,lol, i just thought no one would be able to sing that songbut him actually...:roftl:

What band? :blink:

OOOOMMMMMGGGGGGGGGG.

This just made me realise why I fell in love with Mika in the first place. I could quite happily marry his voice. Christine I'm chocked, seriously. Oh my lord.

Yes, I much prefer the normal tones of his voice and you can hear it properly without the music.

now im listening to relax acapella - its ok......but i do prefer the original and the acoustic - this is just not the same is it?

It would have been better if the gaps had been edited out, but I still prefer his voice a capella. I first heard Relax when I downloaded Grace Kelly back in 2006 and didn't care for it because it was so unlike GK. But with all these versions floating around and the excitement that revolves around the concert openings...it's become my favourite. I really like the version he sang at Jo Whiley's house with no falsetto too.

Hey guys! I just randomly heard this on YouTube:

It's a dance remix of Mika's Grace Kelly but you can hear Mika's voice perfectly, with no harmonies or anything. Forget the background, just concentrate on his voice.

I mean, I know he had an amazing voice anyway, he's got a great vibrato, he can sing falsetto, and sing amazingly live...but it was only until this point that I've realised just how great his voice is...IN NORMAL TONE.

Especially the "say what you want to satisfy yourself..."

seriously! i mean, I'm sure the second album will have falsetto in it cos now it's like, his trademark lol, but I think more songs should have him singing in normal tone, cos it really shows how great his voice with without having to add anything to it. If ya get me?

Hi Caz! thank you very much for the link...

yes, I think second album will be like that: How Much do you love me, it's a song between falsetto and full flat range , but anyway it shows better his colour of voice...

If you want to hear a fantastic vibratto, listen to the acoustic version of Everybody's Talking (it's the one in the DVD extras :wink2: ). Just perfect...

Hi Caz! thank you very much for the link...

yes, I think second album will be like that: How Much do you love me, it's a song between falsetto and full flat range , but anyway it shows better his colour of voice...

If you want to hear a fantastic vibratto, listen to the acoustic version of Everybody's Talking (it's the one in the DVD extras :wink2: ). Just perfect...

I hadn't really noticed the vibrato before in Everybody's Talkin', shows how much attention I pay. :doh: It's excellent, his operatic training paid off (unless it's natural like Rufus Wainwright's or Katie Noonan's).