Mika's Voice

Oh I forgot about that :doh: LOL personally, I'd love to hear it! xDD

I may have a natural vibrato, but I don't have the greatest voice, although I try xDDD

Infection: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MkVAikGsKm0

Grace Kelly: (LOL, I did it May last year so it's er, nearly a year old and some of the lyrics are wrong lol) http://www.mediafire.com/?ltcowc033hh

just found one of me singing Relax lol: http://www.mediafire.com/?qzfbxc0h3xf

sounds really nice :wink2:

I'll let you my voice singing Grace Kelly :naughty:

wwv.wav - 2.08MB

I'm quite content with what I have, but sometimes I think it sound boring...I'll have to learn new techniques for the next fan cd :wink2:

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not a huge fan of the remix, but Mikas voice unaltered is complete:shocked: . I got to hear him warming up and all i remember thinking was , oh my god, is that a person or an angel?! It was one of the most beautiful things i had ever heard in my life.:wub2::blush-anim-cl:

LadyGodiva (what's your real name, may i ask? lol) but that third picture of Mika ALWAYS reminds me of the statue of liberty LOL!

My real name is Laura, but here most call me Lauralai. But that pic reminds me of the statue of liberty also! Lady Liberty, he just needs a book in his other hand and he can fill in for her, give the poor girl a break lol:naughty:

i dont know much, as I've never been taught, but i can tell you what i know.

when you breathe when you sing, you should always sing from your stomach because that's where you get the power and strength.

using the different palettes on the roof of your mouth can give different effects. the soft palette (the softer part of the roof, towards the back) is the one that's least used because it doesn't make the sounds very clear, so it's the harder palette that singers use, especially opera singers.

Thanks very much for the tips! :)

and, i like your voice very much!

when/if i meet Mama P, I'd love to ask her why she got Mika into music. Did Mika show an interest in singing long before his problems at school? Or was it random? What made her decide it?

Mika has said that he was trying to play the piano like his sisters, and his Mum actually found the teacher to teach Mika piano. (It was part of the 'what to do with a bored Mika' situation when he was taken out of school.) But then when Alla found he was dyslexic and could not sight-read music, she concentrated on his singing instead.

It must be one of the gifts of fate that a music teacher found advertised on a music shop wall should be an amazingly gifted person who could give Mika such excellent training!

and, i like your voice very much!

thankyou! :blush-anim-cl:

Mika has said that he was trying to play the piano like his sisters, and his Mum actually found the teacher to teach Mika piano. (It was part of the 'what to do with a bored Mika' situation when he was taken out of school.) But then when Alla found he was dyslexic and could not sight-read music, she concentrated on his singing instead.

It must be one of the gifts of fate that a music teacher found advertised on a music shop wall should be an amazingly gifted person who could give Mika such excellent training!

yeah i know, the information completely escaped me when i posted lol

Hey guys! I just randomly heard this on YouTube:

It's a dance remix of Mika's Grace Kelly but you can hear Mika's voice perfectly, with no harmonies or anything. Forget the background, just concentrate on his voice.

I mean, I know he had an amazing voice anyway, he's got a great vibrato, he can sing falsetto, and sing amazingly live...but it was only until this point that I've realised just how great his voice is...IN NORMAL TONE.

Especially the "say what you want to satisfy yourself..."

seriously! i mean, I'm sure the second album will have falsetto in it cos now it's like, his trademark lol, but I think more songs should have him singing in normal tone, cos it really shows how great his voice with without having to add anything to it. If ya get me?

Thats a great remix! I agree with what you've said. His voice sounds fantastic in normal tone too!

*why didn't my mother get me into singing classes at the age of 7`????***

It's a dance remix of Mika's Grace Kelly but you can hear Mika's voice perfectly, with no harmonies or anything. Forget the background, just concentrate on his voice.

I mean, I know he had an amazing voice anyway, he's got a great vibrato, he can sing falsetto, and sing amazingly live...but it was only until this point that I've realised just how great his voice is...IN NORMAL TONE.

seriously! i mean, I'm sure the second album will have falsetto in it cos now it's like, his trademark lol, but I think more songs should have him singing in normal tone, cos it really shows how great his voice with without having to add anything to it. If ya get me?

I completely agree. I mean the falsetto is wonderful, but I love hearing him sing in the lower register, because his lower tones are so rich and wonderful. I'd love him to realease a lovely song in the style of Your Sympathy, which has emotion and lovely lyrics. He could do it so well.

But I will always love his falsetto as well.

• 9 months later...

i LOVE mika;'s voice in normal tone. almost more than falsetto. and without being rude, if the new album in mostly in that tone, he'll probably be mmore widely accepted.

I really like to listen to him talk as well. I'm still waiting for that audiobook. :wub2: ...Peter Pan or Winnie Pooh or Ulysses... nevermind. :thumb_yello:

Oh wow, that's a great idea. I think I might enjoy that more than a new album. :wink2:

Ah see, I have always said he could sing Old McDonald and I'd be happy, so now we could have him do Winnie the Pooh AND sing some kids' songs, and many of us will be VERY happy.

No seriously, even his voice has such a rich tone, I could listen to him sing/read/prattle on about nothing/ forever and I'd never tire of it!!:wub2:

*slaps fangurl self back into line*

I adore his voice in the lower tones.

I'm hoping he doesn't fall into that trap of feeling obligated to play up his "trademark". Back in art school we all felt compelled to brand ourselves with a certain recognizable style (I was studying commercial art, not fine art). I had a teacher who would tell us to stop trying to make an identifyable "style"... he said that as soon as you put brush to canvas it's already your style because no one will paint the way you do. If you force a style it starts feeling contrived.

I think it will be the same with Mika... like you said, it has become his trademark and he may want to put more of it in the second album to reinforce how unique he is. I wish that he wouldn't... all you need is a sprinkle of the falsetto, but his regular voice is so beautiful and unique in itself.

This is just V_S making a Travolta I guess!:roftl:

But wouldn’t it be nice listening to Mika’s voice reading Winnie the Puh?:wub2:

Aw guess you're right! ... :roftl:

Yeah it'd be very nice ! :wub2: I got Winnie the Pooh's Audiobook.. but unfortunately not the one read by Mika :(:wink2:

Same here :wub2:

What audiobook are you talking about v_s??

It's something I'd really like to have since I heard him talk for the first time.

I even asked for it in my birthday card one and a half years ago. :roftl:

Well, if he read that, then it was probably the moment he put me into the 'weird people' box. :naughty:

But seriously, if he'll ever do something like that, I'll be the first to buy it. :thumb_yello:

to be honest, i loved everything about mika's voice, he's lower rage he's mid rage and he's falsetto. I'd be honest on he's new album i don; want any of this "more falstto and less mid/lower rage" or "more mid/lower rage and less falsetto" and just want him 2 have some songs more falsetto,some song's more mid/lower rage and some songs abit of both, just like on LiCM really !!!

It's something I'd really like to have since I heard him talk for the first time.

I even asked for it in my birthday card one and a half years ago. :roftl:

Well, if he read that, then it was probably the moment he put me into the 'weird people' box. :naughty:

But seriously, if he'll ever do something like that, I'll be the first to buy it. :thumb_yello:

:naughty:

.... and I'd be the second ! :thumb_yello: and I'm serious as well