Mika's Voice

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard that Relax accapella before.

It was on this site:http://www.radioblogclub.com/open/135941/patrick_wolf/How%20Much%20Do%20You%20Love%20Me%20Live%20Lille%20Zenith%2010.10.07, and you couldn't download it, glad someone put it on youtube:thumb_yello:

I heard that Relax accapella before.

It was on this site:http://www.radioblogclub.com/open/135941/patrick_wolf/How%20Much%20Do%20You%20Love%20Me%20Live%20Lille%20Zenith%2010.10.07, and you couldn't download it, glad someone put it on youtube:thumb_yello:

It's already on youtube...somebody posted the link some pages before:wink2:

I hadn't really noticed the vibrato before in Everybody's Talkin', shows how much attention I pay. :doh: It's excellent, his operatic training paid off (unless it's natural like Rufus Wainwright's or Katie Noonan's).

i forget her name, but an opera singer on this site who's often seen in the LiCM fan CD thread says I have a good natural vibrato :blink:

when/if i meet Mama P, I'd love to ask her why she got Mika into music. Did Mika show an interest in singing long before his problems at school? Or was it random? What made her decide it?

i forget her name, but an opera singer on this site who's often seen in the LiCM fan CD thread says I have a good natural vibrato :blink:

when/if i meet Mama P, I'd love to ask her why she got Mika into music. Did Mika show an interest in singing long before his problems at school? Or was it random? What made her decide it?

Hmm...yeah thats interesting. But hasn't he said anything about it?

He wrote his first song at 7, right?:blink:

girl you're really lucky! I love singing and taking classes, but all the teachers said, that I have no natural vibratto and I'll have to train a lot to have it. It may take years of studying :tears:

but I'll start practising lyrical singing soon, so I hope I will be helpful. I feel a thousand times more relaxed the, and sometimes it just happens... :)

the singer, it must be Rosedewitt :wink2:

the singer, it must be Rosedewitt ::

Hmm yeah, I also think it's her. :thumb_yello: She has some songs on myspace too.

Yep at 7 !The song was called Angry !:thumb_yello:

Yes. it was an instrumental pianopiece right? Wonder what it sounded like:naughty:

:doh::doh:

I'm stupid, I need english classes now!! :naughty:

Now you're not! Everyone makes little mistakes sometimes:thumb_yello:

Yes. it was an instrumental pianopiece right? Wonder what it sounded like:naughty:

Yes and he listened to one of Nirvana's album and that's how he wrote the song !Sooner or later maybe we'll find it !:naughty:

Yes and he listened to one of Nirvana's album and that's how he wrote the song !Sooner or later maybe we'll find it !:naughty:

Yeah, inspired by Heart Shaped Box:naughty:

Hmm..don't think we'll ever find it. I don't think he ever recorded it.

Yeah, inspired by Heart Shaped Box:naughty:

Hmm..don't think we'll ever find it. I don't think he ever recorded it.

No he didn't, and he properly never will, since he always describes it as "awful"

:naughty:

And he write it when he was really young didn't he?

No he didn't, and he properly never will, since he always describes it as "awful"

:naughty:

And he write it when he was really young didn't he?

Yeah, when he was 7. That was also the year his father went on that business trip and was being held. Do you think the song was about that?

girl you're really lucky! I love singing and taking classes, but all the teachers said, that I have no natural vibratto and I'll have to train a lot to have it. It may take years of studying :tears:

but I'll start practising lyrical singing soon, so I hope I will be helpful. I feel a thousand times more relaxed the, and sometimes it just happens... :)

the singer, it must be Rosedewitt :wink2:

Rosedewitt! That's the one! I remember having my first vibrato. It was early in the morning, maybe about 7, and for some god knows what reason I was singing Celine Dion's song "that's the way it is" and i felt this vibration and i was like WTF WAS THAT! :roftl: It started off kinda shaky at first cos i didn't know how to control it that well, but as the years went on and the more I sung, i can control it pretty well now, but I'm not a trained singer :boxed:

1. mika's voice just amazing,(!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) we know that all. He's a really good singer.......

Sometimes, when i listen to his songs, i just listen to his voice, and then i feel really privileged, cause i can hear his voice...it gives me so much...

2.woow, that's so great that you all take singing classes. and that's really cool with your vibrato!!! it would be one of my greatest wishes to take singing classes, or just to learn how to sing...but i'm very terrified, i think i haven't got the talent.

how do you practise singing?

how do you practise singing?

i dont know much, as I've never been taught, but i can tell you what i know.

when you breathe when you sing, you should always sing from your stomach because that's where you get the power and strength.

using the different palettes on the roof of your mouth can give different effects. the soft palette (the softer part of the roof, towards the back) is the one that's least used because it doesn't make the sounds very clear, so it's the harder palette that singers use, especially opera singers.

i love his voice in the start of grace kelly when he says "i can be holsome, i can be lothesum guess i'm a little bit shy

hiya! i see you're a new member. Welcome to the MFC! If ya got any questions, don't be afraid to ask :thumb_yello: I am one of the UK's representative, so if you're from the UK you can PM me :) If you're from another country and feel more comfortable talking to someone who can speak the same language, we have a "world representative thread"...somewhere...O.o

background vocals, go therehttp://www.djbuzz.com/en/pages_music/epk.asp?numdisc=1186, remember? the remix contest for big girl, his voice is much better there and no stupid background or reverb, some people are like kids with reverb, it's awful, his voice on the link you gave was changed to be "sexy" and it makes the opposite(just like the rebel jacket:naughty: ) because it's too obvious, there are so many remixes of mika's songs and really this one is the worst to me

A little late for posting but thati is REALLY cool! It's SO STRANGE to hear so many different parts of the song seperatly like that. Like, some instrumentals didn't even seem to be in the song until I double checked. So yeah, sorry to go off topic.

I wish all artists released singles with acapellas on them...although, acapellas usually INCLUDE the background vocals. Looks like only DJ's are the ones that get the versions WITHOUT the background voices.

I was OBSESSED with the Bimbo Jones remix of Grace Kelly last summer DUE to the reason of hearing Mika's voice better. It sounds AMAZING sperated from everything...ESP during the whole breakdown "say what you what...." REally neat! :)

Yep at 7 !The song was called Angry !:thumb_yello:

Yep, Vanessa's right. He's also said that he used to make mixtapes based on emotions and melody so he might've shown an early affinity for music.

Yes and he listened to one of Nirvana's album and that's how he wrote the song !

I forgot about that. I don't want to imagine what a Nirvana-inspired piano piece written by a 7 year old would sound like. :roftl:

I remember having my first vibrato. It was early in the morning, maybe about 7, and for some god knows what reason I was singing Celine Dion's song "that's the way it is" and i felt this vibration and i was like WTF WAS THAT! :roftl: It started off kinda shaky at first cos i didn't know how to control it that well, but as the years went on and the more I sung, i can control it pretty well now, but I'm not a trained singer :boxed:

That's lucky, like for Romis and plenty of others it can take years of practice. I wonder if Mika's is trained.

I never bothered. When I wanted to get into acting I wanted to train my voice for the stage but I gave up, I can't sing for the life of me. :roftl:

Yep, Vanessa's right. He's also said that he used to make mixtapes based on emotions and melody so he might've shown an early affinity for music.

I forgot about that. I don't want to imagine what a Nirvana-inspired piano piece written by a 7 year old would sound like. :roftl:

That's lucky, like for Romis and plenty of others it can take years of practice. I wonder if Mika's is trained.

I never bothered. When I wanted to get into acting I wanted to train my voice for the stage but I gave up, I can't sing for the life of me. :roftl:

Oh I forgot about that :doh: LOL personally, I'd love to hear it! xDD

I may have a natural vibrato, but I don't have the greatest voice, although I try xDDD

Infection: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MkVAikGsKm0

Grace Kelly: (LOL, I did it May last year so it's er, nearly a year old and some of the lyrics are wrong lol) http://www.mediafire.com/?ltcowc033hh

just found one of me singing Relax lol: http://www.mediafire.com/?qzfbxc0h3xf