Mika acoustic gig at the Royal Albert Hall

sariflor

greta, dont you have the very same where you are??!! its much closer for all of us, greece is 4 hours by plane minimum!!!

the coliseum will be fine:mf_rosetinted:

I know, but that place in the Saronic Gulf has the better acoustic in the world{for the summer}

Colosseum colosseo.jpg

is overrated:naughty:

Verona's Arena :punk:

kar.jpg

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Colosseum colosseo.jpg

is overrated:naughty:

the colosseum overrated?? c´mon :mf_rosetinted: ,lol

btw inside the colosseum there is a little place where you can have intimate concert at night:naughty:

OKAY THEN, i have another idea, lets have him in BERLIN:punk:

b9ccuf.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royal_Albert_Hall

The Royal Albert Hall is an arts venue situated in the Knightsbridge area of the City of Westminster, London, England, best known for holding the annual summer Proms concerts since 1941.

The Royal Albert Hall is one of the UK's most treasured and distinctive buildings, recognisable the world over. Since its opening by Queen Victoria in 1871, the world's leading artists from every kind of performance genre have appeared on its stage. Each year it hosts more than 350 performances including classical concerts, rock and pop, ballet and opera, tennis, award ceremonies, school and community events, charity performances and lavish banquets.

The Hall was originally supposed to have been called The Central Hall of Arts and Sciences, but the name was changed by Queen Victoria to Royal Albert Hall of Arts and Sciences when laying the foundation stone as a dedication to her husband and consort, Prince Albert. It forms the practical part of a national memorial to the Prince Consort - the decorative part is the Albert Memorial directly to the north in Kensington Gardens, now separated from the Hall by the heavy traffic along Kensington Gore. The Hall also accommodates the second largest pipe organ in the UK (Liverpool Cathedral regains the title with the addition of the Central organ), and is the home of The Proms.

The Hall has also been used for concerts by a wide range of popular artistes:

Listed in chronological order with name of artist and date of concert

180px-AlbertHall.jpg magnify-clip.png

Poster for Petula Clark's 1969 Albert Hall concert

the colosseum overrated?? c´mon :mf_rosetinted: ,lol

btw inside the colosseum there is a little place where you can have intimate concert at night:naughty:

OKAY THEN, i have another idea, lets have him in BERLIN:punk:

b9ccuf.jpg

ja!:band:

in some anarchist hideout:naughty:

(part 2)

• Joni Mitchell and James Taylor performed a concert on October 28, 1970 for Radio BBC containing a number of solo songs and duets with the two. This was around the time when Mitchell and Taylor are said to have been romantically linked. Bootleg copies of the concert still circulate today.
  • Lata Mangeshkar, the greatest of Indian singers, performed her first concert abroad in 1974.
  • Renowned Indian singer Talat Mahmood performed in 1979. The second Indian to have been given the opportunity.
  • September 1976 - 6th Festival of Evangelical Choirs under the auspices of the London Emmanuel Choir. Triennial festival of Christian music, with massed choirs of 1000 voices plus 5000 in the congregation. Released on Pilgrim record label.
  • ABBA ended their 1977 European tour at the Hall with two sold-out concerts. Tickets for the concerts were available only by mail application and it was later revealed that the box-office received, astonishingly, 3.5 million requests for tickets. Reportedly, the concerts were partially filmed for ABBA: The Movie, but the footage was eventually not included in the final version of the film and to this day remains unreleased.
  • Dusty Springfield performed her last full-scale concert in Britain at Royal Albert Hall in 1979.
  • Siouxsie & the Banshees recorded double live album and video Nocturne at the Royal Albert Hall in London on 30 September and 1 October 1983, This was the first Banshees album on their own Wonderland label, Released in November 1983.
  • The Everly Brothers had two famous reunion concerts, ten years after they broke up, on September 22-23, 1983. The concerts were filmed and released on CD and DVD.

180px-Clannadalbert.jpg magnify-clip.png

Clannad leaving the stage after performing at the venue in 1989.

(part 3)

:shocked: Ok people, I invite you to read the title of the thread again and stop hijacking it to ask Mika to go to other places:sneaky2: :sneaky2::naughty:

The purpose of this thread is to get him to do the Royal Albert Hall, ok?

Let's not deviate from the objective here:roftl:

IF you start a petition...i'm in! :thumb_yello:

Maybe we shouuld just organise it for him...call the venue and book it all, and then he can't say no:roftl:

MIKA...just choose a date.. NOW!

*cough* 14 June is special *cough*

Ok, fine, as long as he does it, I don't care about the date. Go on Meeks! Just choose any old day:naughty: .

i just thought Berlin was very significant since its a demanding popcultural city and still very underground plus its the city of design (appointed by the UNESCO) BUT hey thats your thread, so yeah if you make a petition i will sign it too so you people can see him there in LONDON :thumb_yello:

Maybe we shouuld just organise it for him...call the venue and book it all, and then he can't say no:roftl:

Ok, fine, as long as he does it, I don't care about the date. Go on Meeks! Just choose any old day:naughty: .

*cough*

a hire service is provided.... who's going to break her piggy bank first? :naughty:

I gasped when I read the title of this thread. Dammit.

It would be absolutely fantastic. I'm seeing Mark Knopfler there in May and it's a really really cool venue. Only thing is, it's a seated venue and you can't really sit at a Mika gig. Although maybe if it was acoustic it'd be a different sort of atmosphere.

Either way, yes please thanks very much.

OOOoooooOOO I WISH it was true, I was really :shocked: and happy when I read the thread title then all sad when I realized it wasn't real...YET (mwahahaha).

Bumblebee_Vix n I are going there in May to see Idina Menzel (Vix's heroine), she was the 1st Elphaba in "Wicked" (for those who haven't seen my "Wicked" thread lol. Vix has also danced there with her dancing school a few years ago.

I was very naughty and recorded it lol, it's on her utube account.:naughty::naughty:

MIKA DO IT AND MAKE AN OLD WOMAN VERY HAPPY

(oh and all your other fans too lol).

NO 13th June (it's vix's bday I could take her for her bday :naughty::thumb_yello: (sly move on my part eh)