Mika acoustic gig at the Royal Albert Hall

sariflor

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know how intimate a gig at the Royal Albert is going to be, but I'll be there for sure! One of my favourite venues in the world.

i know, it is such a lovely place - imagine the whle hall filled with MFCers! - i bet it will be just a casual gathering......haha

Vix says the dressing rooms are crap so that might put him off :naughty::naughty:

well they are if you're stuck in some bizarre small box of a room filled with YOUR dance class and another dance school!!! I remember the first time I went there, it was like some dirty cream/white colour and looked like a dingy hotel bathroom. Eurgh. And then the second time it was HUGE, we had elboartive red carpets and clean walls and shizz but it was a ROOM, not really a dressing, and there didn't seem to be anywhere to put your things, you know? but at least there was room for two dance schools.

well they are if you're stuck in some bizarre small box of a room filled with YOUR dance class and another dance school!!! I remember the first time I went there, it was like some dirty cream/white colour and looked like a dingy hotel bathroom. Eurgh. And then the second time it was HUGE, we had elboartive red carpets and clean walls and shizz but it was a ROOM, not really a dressing, and there didn't seem to be anywhere to put your things, you know? but at least there was room for two dance schools.

well thats alright then....maybe MIKA will do it for the red carpets.....:naughty:

i have only been there once, and only to watch a show....:roftl:

Ok, so please, no fainting, this is not reality :mf_lustslow: (not yet anyway), but I was thinking today how fantastic it would be if Mika did an intimate, acoustic gig at the Royal Albert Hall?

I'd be there like a shot...Such a great place, and it would totally have the right atmosphere for one of his "unplugged" style shows, like what he did at the London Eye Fiat gig.

I enjoyed that show SO much, it was amazing to hear him with Mikey and Martin and playing a real piano for once with no added "extras", that I'd just love it if he did this.

And what better place than the RAH?:wub2:

So, if you read this Mika: go and organise it:roftl:, and please make it soon!!

What does everyone think?? Wouldn't it be excellent?

that does sound like fun! however, i think he should do one over here too! and i found the perfect intimate place. it's called the Haskell Opera House. it is directly on the border of Canada & USA. The international border between the United States and Canada runs through the middle of this 1901 building so that the performers are in one country and the audience in another! it seats only 400 (it's a bit small), but remember this is my dream acoustic intimate gig :roftl: :roftl: and also... that's where i grew, my brother lives 3 houses down from it ;o)

haskell.jpg

Opera1.jpg

Ok, so please, no fainting, this is not reality :mf_lustslow: (not yet anyway), but I was thinking today how fantastic it would be if Mika did an intimate, acoustic gig at the Royal Albert Hall?

I'd be there like a shot...Such a great place, and it would totally have the right atmosphere for one of his "unplugged" style shows, like what he did at the London Eye Fiat gig.

I enjoyed that show SO much, it was amazing to hear him with Mikey and Martin and playing a real piano for once with no added "extras", that I'd just love it if he did this.

What does everyone think?? :punk: Wouldn't it be excellent?

That would be more than excellent:wub2:

It is a FANTASTIC idea Sara!!!!!!

Hopefully something like this will happen someday

they are all so good greta...but an indoor performance is more intimate....and London please....always London for me! :wub2:

If it's outdoors I wouldn't be able to go ...:crybaby:

Haha, I sent an email to all myspace ids relating to Mika including Luke , in about October, suggesting places for Mika to play and the Royal Albert Hall was one of them.

I thought for one short moment someone had read them and taken note. :sneaky2:

I suggested lots of other interesting places too. :wink2:

And sent more than one email.:mf_rosetinted:

smart move, bab! :thumb_yello:

mmmmmmmmmm

sariflor, i think june is def too agressive. he won't be ready by then, but,

what if we propose a special acustic gig for MFC to present the new album, just before the beginning of the new tour?

an acoustic version of the new album, just for MFC, at the Royal Albert hall

(mind you Mika, not for free....:wink2: )

mika has only to pick up a date.........

and yes, we CAN dream!

there was a short interview on radio 1 with mika on feburary where he was talking about doing an acoustic gig. he said everytime when he is in glasgow he passes a church where he`d love to do it but he doesn`t know the name of it . the only church i know that does gigs is oran mor in the west end of glasgow , i never been in it but ive heard its a fab place for a gig ! so mika now that you know the name of it get it sorted :thumb_yello:

here is a picture of oran mor -

oranmor.jpg

smart move, bab! :thumb_yello:

mmmmmmmmmm

sariflor, i think june is def too agressive. he won't be ready by then, but,

what if we propose a special acustic gig for MFC to present the new album, just before the beginning of the new tour?

an acoustic version of the new album, just for MFC, at the Royal Albert hall

(mind you Mika, not for free....:wink2: )

mika has only to pick up a date.........

and yes, we CAN dream!

ai yai yai yai!!! I suggested this fantasy ages ago! (not at the royal albert hall but hey LOL)

Great minds think alike, no? :wink2:

I went to the Teenage Cancer Trust gig that Franz did at the Royal Albert Hall. Loved it. Would be there like a shot if Mika did an Acoustic gig there. I only had a ticket for the area in the god's at the time of going. Was pretty disappointed at that. So I bought a ticket for the floor off of a tout - was ten rows from the front in the end. Loved the vibe and the sound of the place. Oh and yes it is seated but nobody sat during the gig. Kaiser Chiefs and Graham Coxon were there too and you can't really sit during them can you. Never had anyone coming over asking us to sit down either. So don't think that would be a problem.

:)

:shocked: OOH this is an omen, as i was reading this thread an advert came on BBC for a classical concert at the RAH. As was said prev i think we should just go ahead and book it for him then he cant say no.:roftl:

Sari you have no idea for how long I've been wishing this!! I love Royal Albert Hall, and I would love So SO much to see Mika performing in it!! You know, on friday The Fratellis are making a gig at the RAH and I'm litterally dying for not being able to see them there! :tears:

Btw, I can see it happening, one day soon, and when it will, I'll be there!:blush-anim-cl: