2008 - MIKA @ beijing!!! (08/04/2008)

lcmlcm

• Replies 607
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

okay, so i'm going to be working a bit at a zoo this summer (looks good on resume ;)) and whenever i'm with the ostriches, i'm gonna start laughing and they're going to thing i'm mad:boxed:

the people who work at the zoo that is, not the ostriches. well, perhaps the ostriches too, we dunno what goes on in heir head. although probably not much.....their eyes are bigger than their brain. good thing they have large eyes.

Thanks for the interviews and pics. It's so nice to see something current. Gosh, I feel like mother keeping tabs on her teenage son! I felt sorry for Mika during the interviews, having to wait for the translation to happen and not knowing where to look, but I guess that's just one of those things. I really liked him mentioning the MFC (YAY!!!) and also the fact that I learnt new things about him. I didn't know, for instance, that Mikey was his musical director. Kudos to Mikey then!

2 sis were there and his dad and granny and mum o.c. bro was at other gigs too, as we ehm.. all know.. :blush-anim-cl:

maybe allegra was busy..? :blink:

I feel that there is a story here that I've either missed out on simply cos I wasn't there (in London at the concerts), or that I've missed out on cos I was offline for over a month starting just after the concerts.... Could someone fill me in, please?

It's hard for me to be objective about that because my personal taste is that he looks as masculine as possible. Especially since he does look masculine naturally and it seems to me that his natural/masculine look is reflective of his own personal tastes too. Whenever he's just walking around town he's unshaven, floppy haired, sans makeup and wearing baggy and fairly neutral clothing.

I get the feeling that his glam thing is all for show and possibly more driven by his mother and sisters than himself.

I think it's a bit of both. Part is the image he wants to project that is not necessarily reflective of his normal tastes and the other part is just vanity. Under bright lights or when the photos are overexposed he looks unbelievably photogenic with all that makeup on. You can't really see the makeup and he just looks like he is blessed with flawless good looks.

I'm not sure how much is mother's and sister's tastes only tho. Mika is so involved in all aspects of his image as an artist, I can only imagine there being a bit of a showdown if there was something he was uncomfortable wearing or didn't like. I remember in one of the interviews on youtube (think it was in Denmark) he said that while he was still trying to get signed he was working on his logo and visual art style and his pitch etc and one of the things he mentions is his dress sense. I think there is a MIKA look that he would be quite definite about. We already know he loves the theatrical, particularly with regards his popstar persona ie his shows. So I'm not convinced it's all driven by his mum and sister, even if they are the ones who come up with the actual articles of clothing. I guess what I'm getting at is, surely he would have veto rights?

As for the makeup, I have to confess I'm usually oblivious. Most of the time I don't notice it so much until someone draws my attention to it and then it really niggles at me. Like these pics. I hadn't noticed the blush till Scut mentioned it and then it was all I could see!

Okay, I think I'm liking the new 'do.

I was scrolling through again, and that picture made my heart skip a beat.

It makes want to tickle him to the ground in a field of daisies and cover him in fresh strawberries.

Is that strange? :naughty:

:roftl: :roftl:

omg i'm cracking up so much but i feel so evil at the same time LMAO. I am so sorry everyone!!!!!!!

That's cos you ARE evil, girl:sneaky2:

perhaps this has already been stated.. but doesn't his hair not only make him look younger, but also SO much thinner? he's always been thin, but he looks soooo stickish

I want to sit him down and feed the boy!

I also thought he suddenly looked a lot thinner. I've gotten used to seeing all these pics of shirtless drumming and he was looking all buff and bulked up (well, for him) and then I saw his arms in the interview and thought "OMG, he looks skinny again!" And I'm of the opinion that I like his hair, but think it makes him look younger. Oh, well. It will grow back.

Maybe he'd write some jingles.....:fisch:

:harp: "Mikafanclub dot com - and it's good for your teeth too !"

Don't forget the "clap clap" he did in the middle (a la Patrick "Mika is a twat" Wolf).

so twill be

:harp: "Mikafanclub dot com ... :fish: - and it's good for your teeth too ! "

(we are in a bad need of an oistrich emoticon for the inal verse)

so twill be

:harp: "Mikafanclub dot com ... :fish: - and it's good for your teeth too ! "

(we are in a bad need of an oistrich emoticon for the inal verse)

this one is not so bad as well -

:harp: "Mikafanclub dot com ... :mf_boff: - and it's good for your teeth too ! "

..sorry :blush-anim-cl:

I like it, it's very catchy. He should get paid 45 pounds. :newyear:

and listen to it on repeat on BA flight to Oz? :sweatdrop:

(...yeah, Dream on....:naughty: )

Mika not canceling and finally fulfilling his promise to tour Australia any time soon is far more unlikely than British Airways using a crap Mikafanclub dot com jingle on their flights. :newyear:

Mika not canceling and finally fulfilling his promise to tour Australia any time soon is far more unlikely than British Airways using a crap Mikafanclub dot com jingle on their flights. :newyear:

:sigh:

"its ready when its ready" (or however the quote goes)...

*back to RL*

:roftl: :roftl: :roftl:

No seriously, I am.

I can't believe I'm about to do this. Mika if you're reading, you'll probably hate me forever, along with the rest of the fanclub.

However, I am laughing because personally i find it cruelly funny but i feel so sad at the same time because it's so mean.

I am so so so so so so so sorry, but everytime i look at this picture it reminds me of the picture below...

mikanewhair4.jpg

ostrich.jpg

sorry! sorry! sorry! sorry! sorry! sorry! sorry! sorry! sorry! sorry! sorry! sorry! sorry! sorry! sorry! sorry! sorry! sorry! sorry! sorry! sorry! sorry! sorry! sorry! sorry! sorry! sorry! sorry! sorry! sorry! sorry! sorry! sorry! sorry! sorry! sorry! sorry! sorry! sorry! sorry! sorry! sorry! sorry! sorry! sorry! sorry! sorry! sorry!

:lmfao::lmao:

Caz...bring it on:punk::naughty:

Thank you so much for pics and videos!!:wub2: I'm happy to see him in good shape ; IMO the new haircut doesn't fit him much, makes him look younger and skinnier although he's still fab of course! :wub2:

No seriously, I am.

I can't believe I'm about to do this. Mika if you're reading, you'll probably hate me forever, along with the rest of the fanclub.

However, I am laughing because personally i find it cruelly funny but i feel so sad at the same time because it's so mean.

I am so so so so so so so sorry, but everytime i look at this picture it reminds me of the picture below...

mikanewhair4.jpg

ostrich.jpg

sorry! sorry! sorry! sorry! sorry! sorry! sorry! sorry! sorry! sorry! sorry! sorry! sorry! sorry! sorry! sorry! sorry! sorry! sorry! sorry! sorry! sorry! sorry! sorry! sorry! sorry! sorry! sorry! sorry! sorry! sorry! sorry! sorry! sorry! sorry! sorry! sorry! sorry! sorry! sorry! sorry! sorry! sorry! sorry! sorry! sorry! sorry! sorry!

Caz, I think that you posted the wrong picture of the ostrich there;Here's the one I think you meant to post:

ostrich3.jpg

No seriously, I am.

mikanewhair4.jpg

ostrich.jpg

Caz, I think that you posted the wrong picture of the ostrich there;Here's the one I think you meant to post:

ostrich3.jpg

OMG :roftl::lmao: Hahah, well, in case of emergency he can always go there: ostrich-head.jpg

I was watching the interview again and I noticed his funny expressions when the interviewer starts speaking Chinese...it's like:

"OMG I wanna laugh, I am going to laugh, but no I can't, Mika don't laugh, but this Chinese is too funny, I can't understand a single word :naughty: please ask a question and keep me busy answering or I am going to laugh my head off!" :roftl:

It' so so funny :naughty:

I was watching the interview again and I noticed his funny expressions when the interviewer starts speaking Chinese...it's like:

"OMG I wanna laugh, I am going to laugh, but no I can't, Mika don't laugh, but this Chinese is too funny, I can't understand a single word :naughty: please ask a question and keep me busy answering or I am going to laugh my head off!" :roftl:

Yeah, his facial expression is a bit like that, but I would say, he was trying to understand some words and he looked as if he was concentrated. Mika is opened to other cultures and languages and I think it makes him a really nice and understanding person (apart from being super hyper gorgeous :mf_rosetinted: ). :wub2:

yeah!!!:lmfao: I noticed too, he does look like he's keeping in a laugh at that part!:lmao:

the way the camera is looking right at him when she translates, he looks a bit self concious or like, "why does it have to look at me, I'm not doing anything!"

:lmfao:

Finally have time to sit down and read through (some of) this thread!

lcmlcm and Mana, thank you so much for the pics and vids!

And I just have to say:

1. I love his hair

2. I love his shirt

3. Men look hot in eyeliner *thinks of Ewan McGregor who has been known to wear it and looks so hot when he does*

4. Mika's gorgeous

Caz, that ostrich is so cute. :naughty:

Mika looks so different!:

870059408_l.jpgU1978P28T3D1980357F326DT20080409164.jpg

MMM...both pics are lovely. But he just looked so good in that recent interview! The hair, the clothes, his smile... :wub2:

"OMG I wanna laugh, I am going to laugh, but no I can't, Mika don't laugh, but this Chinese is too funny, I can't understand a single word :naughty: please ask a question and keep me busy answering or I am going to laugh my head off!"

It' so so funny

I noticed that, too! I just wanted to laugh watching his expressions while she translated. (Although, it was very nice to just sit and stare at him as she talked. He looks SO amazing.) :mf_lustslow: