The Tim Burton thread

Nielo

Because Tim Burton deserves a thread. :mf_rosetinted:

And ... because I met him today! :woot_jump:

Yesterday he was at the Amsterdam Fantastic Film Festival to collect a Career Achievement Award and today he did a signing session and a public interview. Tuesday we stood in line for hours for tickets for the interview and we were the first ones to have them (there were only about a 100, and a lot more people than that) and today we were lucky enough to get into the signing session. (A whole lot of people had to be sent home, because there were just too many - he'd still be signing right now if all of them would've gotten a chance.) Anyway, the signing was extremely cool. :glasses2: Only 10 people at a time were allowed, so I was pretty nervous. With only 9 other people in a room with Tim Burton? Wow. But then, when it was finally our turn (only 10 other people would be allowed in after us), we came to realize we wouldn't all be let in at the same time. We were standing in this little hallway, leading up to the room Tim Burton was in. The room was just perfect. Really nice carpets, it looked kinda old and there was this blue-ish/redish (I can't be sure which, my attention was focused on other things :biggrin2:) kinda light. And then of course there was this table with Tim Burton sitting behind it. He was really kind. He shook hands with some people (not me) and asked me how I was doing and thanked me while he signed my Big Fish dvd. He takes his time signing stuff. He looked me right in the eye. (Well, he would've if I wouldn't have looked down. :bleh:)

The interview was really cool too. He was really relaxed and funny and he was wearing socks with skulls on them. (Maybe it was Jack Skellington, I couldn't see them. :naughty:)

Then we went to a viewing of Edward Scissorhands, which he talked about a bit before it started. Some friends of mine then followed him back out and were able to take a picture with him.

He's not only one of the best directors, he's also a really kind and funny guy, so here's a thread that's dedicated to him. (And I just needed a place to tell my story, because I'm still jumping up and down in my chair.)

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Owww Nielo, this is great!!!:punk: :punk: He's such an amazing person, I love his movies, Edward Siccorhands is still one of my favourites:mf_rosetinted:

Now I understand why you're so over-active:wink2: :naughty:

I'm happy for you!!:thumb_yello:

:biggrin2:

Thanks all. ^^ I know, I'm just so happy right now! He's my all time favourite director. Big Fish is an amazing film by the way. If you haven't seen it, go see it. :bleh:

Because Tim Burton deserves a thread. :mf_rosetinted:

Yesterday he was at the Amsterdam Fantastic Film Festival to collect a Career Achievement Award and today he did a signing session and a public interview. Tuesday we stood in line for hours for tickets for the interview and we were the first ones to have them (there were only about a 100, and a lot more people than that) and today we were lucky enough to get into the signing session. (A whole lot of people had to be sent home, because there were just too many - he'd still be signing right now if all of them would've gotten a chance.) Anyway, the signing was extremely cool. :glasses2: Only 10 people at a time were allowed, so I was pretty nervous. With only 9 other people in a room with Tim Burton? Wow. But then, when it was finally our turn (only 10 other people would be allowed in after us), we came to realize we wouldn't all be let in at the same time. We were standing in this little hallway, leading up to the room Tim Burton was in. The room was just perfect. Really nice carpets, it looked kinda old and there was this blue-ish/redish (I can't be sure which, my attention was focused on other things :biggrin2) kinda light. And then of course there was this table with Tim Burton sitting behind it. He was really kind. He shook hands with some people (not me) and asked me how I was doing and thanked me while he signed my Big Fish dvd. He takes his time signing stuff. He looked me right in the eye. (Well, he would've if I wouldn't have looked down. :bleh:)

The interview was really cool too. He was really relaxed and funny and he was wearing socks with skulls on them. (Maybe it was Jack Skellington, I couldn't see them. :naughty:)

Then we went to a viewing of Edward Scissorhands, which he talked about a bit before it started. Some friends of mine then followed him back out and were able to take a picture with him.

He's not only one of the best directors, he's also a really kind and funny guy, so here's a thread that's dedicated to him. (And I just needed a place to tell my story, because I'm still jumping up and down in my chair.)

Tim Burton is a very talented director. Lucky you to have met him!

Hi Nielo, that must have made your day! Good for you.

My nephew told me a few weeks ago he was going to be a trainee for some dutch tv-guide-magazine. And his first assignement would be to interview Tim Burton! He was almost just as exited as you because he is a huge filmfan. I shall ask him is he really did the interview.

*subscribes* :cheerful_h4h:

What????:shocked: You LUCKY!!!!!!:wub2: Few months ago he was in Rome to promote Sweeney Todd and I really really wanted to go to see him... :sad:

Awesome story yours!:thumb_yello: And I agree with you, he's one of the best directors!!

wow that's soo cool you got to meet him! the movie Edward Scissorhands is the only movie i teared up in...i have to admit i've never cried in a movie but that one i almost did..but sweeny todd i just saw and was soo amazing...!!!

Hiiiiiiii!!!! Tim Burton is my favorite director!!! and Jonnhy Depp is my favourite actor!!!! My favourite film is Eduard Scissorhands since I was a child!!! I really want to meet them!

• 2 months later...

i love his works and his art, they're so unique! i love how he doesn't care if his movies have less conventional themes than other directors, it makes him one of a kind!

i used to haunt the tim burton collective forums, but i don't now, because they re-vamped the whole forum and almost half the people i knew there were gone...

ohh!! That is my dream!! To meet Tim Burton, and Johnny Depp too, where was it?

I know, mine too! It was in Amsterdam, he'd won some award and he came to collect it + do a public interview and a signing session. ^^

Now I just hope Johnny will follow Tim's good example. :mf_rosetinted:

:biggrin2:

Thanks all. ^^ I know, I'm just so happy right now! He's my all time favourite director. Big Fish is an amazing film by the way. If you haven't seen it, go see it. :bleh:

Hi :wink2:,

You're very lucky to have met Master Burton :thumb_yello: and Big Fish is my favorite movie :wub2:

wow,i love this! I can't believe it,there's so many Tim Burton and Johnny Depp fans here! :mf_lustslow: they make such brilliant partner-in-crime.My favourite movie's edward scissorhands too! followed by corpse bride,brought tears to my eyes.

wow,i love this! I can't believe it,there's so many Tim Burton and Johnny Depp fans here! :mf_lustslow: they make such brilliant partner-in-crime.My favourite movie's edward scissorhands too! followed by corpse bride,brought tears to my eyes.

yes they are an amazing duo :)

Tim Burton is a genius.

I LOVE him.

I always feel really inspired by his work...

He has amazing movies! Sweeney Todd, Edward Scissorhands, Nightmare before Christmas, Beetlejuice, Big Fish, Sleepy Hollow, Batman...

He's amazing! Haha.

Definitely one of my favorite people.

:wink2: