Relax (Take it Easy) - The Happy Sad song!

Miro

I was thinking of that for a long time & i thought i'd share with u all...

Listening to Mika's song Relax gives me so many feelings.. actually conflicting ones.. like when i listen to it i feel SO happy and SO ALIVE! but at that very moment i just feel so sad and depressed! I dont know why..is it the melody? his voice? i dont know.. does that make any sense??:naughty:

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am veyr interested as to what people think of this song, because I am in the Relax mug for the bday project, so whatever people think of this song will be very helpful to me! Yes, your idea makes sense....I think the lyrics are sad I suppose but I dont think they're as sad as some of the other songs he has written, eg Any Other World, My Interpretation, Over My Shoulder etc. This song for me is definitely one of the main ones that makes me want to scream and shout and jump up and down for Mika joy! :wub2:

Listening to Mika's song Relax gives me so many feelings.. actually conflicting ones.. like when i listen to it i feel SO happy and SO ALIVE! but at that very moment i just feel so sad and depressed! I dont know why..is it the melody? his voice? i dont know.. does that make any sense??:naughty:

Relax gives me always a strange feeling. I don't get happy from it, not at all. But not sad either. Just a strange feeling.

It's my favourite song btw. But I don't know.

The acoustic version makes me kinda sad though

when I listen to this song and see it live I find it totally exciting and waaaaahhh THE START OF THE SHOW!! and although some of the lyrics are sad the message I get from it is....don't worry there is always hope. I also see it as a kinda acceptance of something scary on a personal level and it's inevitable so no need to stress about it there is always a way.

i'm still trying to figure out what this song's really about, actually...

there's some kind of philosophy to it, i think, like "accept whatever life throws at you and try to make the most of it, because you can't really change your destiny and fighting against it will only make it worse"...

Its a bit weird, because it doesn't sound very "Mika" to me... i think he's more likely to retaliate when life seems unfair...

on a more "down to earth" note, it also reminds me on a bad space-cake trip in Amsterdam :roftl: (i dunno if i should mention this here... mods, don't hesitate to delete it if you think it's inappropriate !!!!! ) what i'm trying to say is : that's exactly what you tell yourself in these occasions : you feel lost, alone, dying, but relax, take it easy, because there's nothing you can do.. except wait patiently for it to be over !! :naughty:

it could probably apply to a hangover too, or to any bad experience one can go through...

this sounds more Mika to me actually... if the "aspirin on top of the chair on top of the bed" trick doesn't work, then, relax and take it easy... it will get better in a couple of hours /days :mf_rosetinted:

Not a fan of the song but i do like the live version of it. :thumb_yello:

I think that the references to, "a broken train," and "the end of the line," indicate to me that it's about events in life he cannot control.

It's like a runnaway train, going to a place no one ever goes. Then he's scared, he's terrified.

But then, it seems he's not alone. "I believe that we're in this together."

But, "relax, take it easy, for there is nothing that we can do."

hi i know what you mean it is a mixture of emotions :thumb_yello:

i must admit was not a great fan of it to start with :blush-anim-cl: but now i absolutely love it :thumb_yello: i think seeing him perform it live a few times has changed my view on it a little! but the song has really grown on me since the live performances :thumb_yello:

I think that the references to, "a broken train," and "the end of the line," indicate to me that it's about events in life he cannot control.

It's like a runnaway train, going to a place no one ever goes. Then he's scared, he's terrified.

Hi Marilyn :)

I always think of the London bombers and their victims on the broken train.....

I don't really know what I really feel when I hear this song .

I don't know . . . It's strange, but yeah . . . the music makes me a little afraid of life's madness . I feel a bit like that, but then when he says, "Relax take it easy" I just think in hope and I think that everythings is going to be allright .

The music makes my heart beat faster in the same time that it makes me calm down . It makes me feel alive, makes me think that we have all the life to fell in love, to cry, to laugh . . .

I don't know . . . it's weird .

yes this is also what I was trying to say

And Freddie, the reason you see it through blurry eyes is more to do with he glass of beer in your hand rather than blaming it on lights :naughty::bleh:

Not a fan of the song but i do like the live version of it. :thumb_yello:

Hey Mici! The live version is great, because its the first number! Thats my favourite part of the show when he emerges from the shadows!!! When he did it for an encore at Brixton the crowd was electric - chessy as it sounds!

Hey Mici! The live version is great, because its the first number! Thats my favourite part of the show when he emerges from the shadows!!! When he did it for an encore at Brixton the crowd was electric - chessy as it sounds!

:thumb_yello: hi rabdash are you talking about Brixton on the 28th? that was just fantastic & totally agree with what you have said above!:roftl: l love watching it on youtube & i have watched it many times:blush-anim-cl: it brings many happy memories back :thumb_yello:

Ahhh this song :wub2:

It actually makes me feel very sad.. althought it says that there's hope it still makes me feel as though the current moment is an unhappy one..

But the most significant part of this song to me is the background music.. not all of it but there's this tiny rythme that plays right after the word "relax" and then after "take it easy".. anyway yes this is my personal favourite aspect of the song.. obviously it's very small but it somehow really matters to me..

Ahhh this song :wub2:

But the most significant part of this song to me is the background music.. not all of it but there's this tiny rythme that plays right after the word "relax" and then after "take it easy"..

Yeah i love that part too..so catchy

I have to confess that I usually skipped this song while playing the cd. I thought it was a bit too commercial. Although I did like the idea that he used real instruments to record it instead of computers.

But then I heard the acoustic version from Live Lounge in december and I fell totally in love with that one.

Actually this was the song that made me love Mika.. I loved it from the very first moment i heard it. Also the " I just died in your arms tonight" thing made me love it more & more:blush-anim-cl:

Actually this was the song that made me love Mika.. I loved it from the very first moment i heard it. Also the " I just died in your arms tonight" thing made me love it more & more:blush-anim-cl:

Do Mika says it in a music ?

Do Mika says it in a music ?

He incorporated elements of "(I just) Died in your arms" song by Cutting Crew. u'll find that written in the CD booklet.

when I listen to this song and see it live I find it totally exciting and waaaaahhh THE START OF THE SHOW!! and although some of the lyrics are sad the message I get from it is....don't worry there is always hope. I also see it as a kinda acceptance of something scary on a personal level and it's inevitable so no need to stress about it there is always a way.

I agree! I think of it the same way..

whenever I hear it, I think of the anticipation and excitement of the gigs!! And him coming and jumping out in his amazing blazers...

But at the same time it feels dark but upbeat, like most of his songs..

And I agree about it being about hope not being lost, and that you can be together through hard times still.

I love it though... I love how songs can make you feel such ways and affect you so much...

i'm still trying to figure out what this song's really about, actually...

there's some kind of philosophy to it, i think, like "accept whatever life throws at you and try to make the most of it, because you can't really change your destiny and fighting against it will only make it worse"...

Its a bit weird, because it doesn't sound very "Mika" to me... i think he's more likely to retaliate when life seems unfair...

on a more "down to earth" note, it also reminds me on a bad space-cake trip in Amsterdam :roftl: (i dunno if i should mention this here... mods, don't hesitate to delete it if you think it's inappropriate !!!!! ) what i'm trying to say is : that's exactly what you tell yourself in these occasions : you feel lost, alone, dying, but relax, take it easy, because there's nothing you can do.. except wait patiently for it to be over !! :naughty:

it could probably apply to a hangover too, or to any bad experience one can go through...

this sounds more Mika to me actually... if the "aspirin on top of the chair on top of the bed" trick doesn't work, then, relax and take it easy... it will get better in a couple of hours /days :mf_rosetinted:

The parts I highlighted are very much what I get from this song too!

This is one of my absolute favourite of Mika’s songs so far.

I play it over and over again and, as it seems, never get enough of it.:wink2:

I have this little button my jacket: There is an answer to the darkest times!

Love it!:wub2:

I love Relax, but at this stage I have a conditioned response to it. Becuase it's always the first song at the gigs, I react in a very excited way to it, it makes me feel like "the promise" of what is to come, the excitement of the show starting, etc...

The acoustic one gives me chills...I adore it, and makes me very emotional.

I really like the way he's made Relax very vibey at concerts, it sounds to me like the "ping ping ping" in the music is especially noticeable lately, moreso than months ago....Or maybe it's only me.

Very noticeable in the encore from Brixton, for those who don't know what I mean (provably everyone reading this, haha!)

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&VideoID=30095110

I love Relax, but at this stage I have a conditioned response to it. Becuase it's always the first song at the gigs, I react in a very excited way to it, it makes me feel like "the promise" of what is to come, the excitement of the show starting, etc...

The acoustic one gives me chills...I adore it, and makes me very emotional.

I really like the way he's made Relax very vibey at concerts, it sounds to me like the "ping ping ping" in the music is especially noticeable lately, moreso than months ago....Or maybe it's only me.

Very noticeable in the encore from Brixton, for those who don't know what I mean (provably everyone reading this, haha!)

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&VideoID=30095110

hi sariflor, thanks for link for the Brixton encore:thumb_yello: reading what you have said really makes sense! i keep on watching the links to the 28th Brixton, the encore especially:thumb_yello: i seem to never bore of them at the moment! :blush-anim-cl:

off topic but is it me or is it very, very slow?:thumbdown: