Wendi

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi, everybody!

I'm in for a long day. It's parade day and my house is on one of the streets where all of the parade people set up. Every year, from early in the morning until early afternoon, I have the local high school marching band outside my bedroom window. Bored high school kids plus musical instruments equals noise fit to drive saints up the wall. *twitch*

This year, I will be introducing them to MIKA, Bif Naked, and Chumbawamba as I drown out their noise with my stereo. MUAHAHAHA!!!

Break out the earplugs. It's musical warfare! :punk:

Good afternoon to you all.

Clare, I'm chilling out after my late night/early morning so I'm happy.

RT, when I was a nipper, where we used to live, the carnival prossesion use to pass our house, and I loved throwing coins up onto the lorries, or into the buckets the people on the lorries where hanging over collecting.

RT, when I was a nipper, where we used to live, the carnival prossesion use to pass our house, and I loved throwing coins up onto the lorries, or into the buckets the people on the lorries where hanging over collecting.

That's so cool :D

At our parades, we don't throw coins at them. They throw candy and beads at us. It would be fun to throw coins back :)

Probably not. We have another festival later in the summer that has better street fairs and no parade :)

I also go to the yearly rock and gem show, but that's just a lot of standing around looking at rocks :D

It's the Radio one's big weekend concert today.

Think you can watch it on the internet.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/bigweekend/2008/lineup/

We haven't had a carnival now for several years, people got bored with it, so they stopped doing them. Shame really, I enjoyed them.

We do have the fair on this weekend, and it'll be back later on the summer. And we have the annual folk festival at the end of this month, I love the craft market they do for that.

We haven't had a carnival now for several years, people got bored with it, so they stopped doing them. Shame really, I enjoyed them.

We do have the fair on this weekend, and it'll be back later on the summer. And we have the annual folk festival at the end of this month, I love the craft market they do for that.

It's a shame about the carnival, but the rest sounds fun :)

The kids are starting to gather, so I'm off to be obnoxious while I clean house. See y'all later :biggrin2:

Hey, Dani what are you up to?

hello Old Oldlings!

I was trying to take a nap.

my downstairs neighbor was trying to learn to

play his synthesizer.

guess who won??

hahahahahahaha poor thing! I should be doing schoolwork, yes on Sat. because I'm behind.

Hi there guys... I'm back early today - finished work at 6.00 - instead of 8.00... mainly cos' I'm sick.... :thumbdown:

Threw up a little bit this morning - was hoping to try and hide the fact and stay on my own counter... but being a food counter and me looking like crap - I got moved onto Home And Leisure instead... :crybaby:

I have been refilling the barbeque stuff all day :shocked:

Have been barely able to keep up with it.... the weather has been so hot today... :mf_rosetinted:

Managed to stay for 7 hours of my shift ... so don't think I did too bad... but I was starting to feel I was gonna pass out... so eventually came home :boxed:

So now here I am - having abit of a Mika fix before I call it a night :wub2:

I have no idea... haven't felt quite right for the last two days - cos' of the stomach cramps... then this... there are alot of bugs going round at work at the moment though... just had someone off sick on our counter this week as well... she's only just coming back on our counter tomorrow... and now I'm off it... cos' when your sick they won't let you back on the fresh food counter for 48 hours after you've been sick

:(

I have no idea... haven't felt quite right for the last two days - cos' of the stomach cramps... then this... there are alot of bugs going round at work at the moment though... just had someone off sick on our counter this week as well... she's only just coming back on our counter tomorrow... and now I'm off it... cos' when your sick they won't let you back on the fresh food counter for 48 hours after you've been sick

:(

Thats a good thing though - stops it spreading even further. Can't you just

take a few days off - and have a rest until you feel better?

To be honest ... I'll get up for work tomorrow... but if I feel crap I probably won't go in...

I'll see how I am... Unfortunately the thing with Morrisons... you are only allowed to be off sick for 3 days in a year... then they disipline you... I've already had one cos' of a migraine... :(

Thats a good thing though - stops it spreading even further. Can't you just take a few days off - and have a rest until you feel better?

I'm with Wendi on this

I'll see how I am... Unfortunately the thing with Morrisons... you are only allowed to be off sick for 3 days in a year... then they disipline you... I've already had one cos' of a migraine...

I can't believe there are such repressive employers around

Hello oldings!

Hi lovepupbandit - do you have a short version of your name?