Type your name.

¬_¬ im lorna...mind was created in a book *crys* doesnt even have an origin...im hurt...although the chick was a heroine :P

go to hebrewbabynames.com

yeah, it was created in a book for sure

:thumb_yello:

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My name is Nadine

Pronounced: na-deen NOT nay-deen

It's french and it means HOPE

I found Mika:

http://www.babynamesworld.com/meaning_of_Mika.html

:lmfao: he is a god :shocked:

Yes he is, and you should bend over just to be put on his shelf :naughty:

Save God Mika alabar.gif

grupoalabar.gif

WOW :naughty:

I also like that "The Japanese girl name Mika is often written with the characters for "beauty" (mi) and "incense; smell; perfume" (ka).

Other possibilities include the number "three" or "beauty; beautiful" for the first syllable 'mi', and "praise, esteem", "splendor, shine" or "excellent, good" for the syllable 'ka'.

As a boy's name, Mika is a Finnish short form of Mikael, the Finnish form of Michael."

AND isn't it ironic he says he has OCD because he likes to buy 3 of everything?!

WOW :naughty:

I also like that "The Japanese girl name Mika is often written with the characters for "beauty" (mi) and "incense; smell; perfume" (ka).

Other possibilities include the number "three" or "beauty; beautiful" for the first syllable 'mi', and "praise, esteem", "splendor, shine" or "excellent, good" for the syllable 'ka'.

As a boy's name, Mika is a Finnish short form of Mikael, the Finnish form of Michael."

AND isn't it ironic he says he has OCD because he likes to buy 3 of everything?!

We also can write 'ka' with 歌 (sing /song). ''Beautiful Song'' Perfect!!!:thumb_yello:

My name is Tomomi. It means 'beautiful friend'.

My name is Kelly, it's Irish, can be a first or last name, and most commonly means Warrior Maiden, although it can be a boys name also and in that case means Brave Warrior.

My name is a suffix of many common names. I am always being asked what it is short for. It isn't short for anything. It's the name my dad's Navy squadron gave me because my parents didn't want to name me.

Most baby name sites give it the meaning of whichever longer name they think is most common to their readership. Other sites try to derive a seperate meaning by associating the name with words that it sounds like in other languages. The most reliable research indicates that it has no meaning of its own because it was not used as a birth name until recent history.

Someone once told me that since my name has no inherent meaning of its own, I am free to infuse it with whatever meaning I want through my character and the choices I make. American culture seems to have already associated my name with vapid, ditzy, and thoughtless women, so I have some inherent associations to fight against despite the lack of inherent meaning.

The people who are closest to me say that my name doesn't fit me at all, so they call me by the name I started using online 11 years ago. That name simply means "one". Some baby name sites like to be fancy and say it means "unity". I'm just glad I'm old enough that it has stopped reminding people of a character from a really bad 80's movie :wink2:

My middle name means "waterfall" :punk:

oh but what exactly are your names? :sneaky:

Patricia

It is of Latin origin, and its meaning is "noble

:blink::blink::blink:

Jolanda

The meaning of the name Jolanda is Violet Flower

The origin of the name Jolanda is Slavic

Great I'm a noble violet flower :roftl:

My name is Meka (it pronounced like Mika but with an 'e':blush-anim-cl:) Its short for 'Timeka'. I'm named after my dad whose name is Timothy. Get it "Tim"eka, but people generally pronounce it wrong so everyone just calls me Meka!:naughty: Thank goddness!!1:thumb_yello:

Name is Ashley, means something along the lines of "ash tree"

To top it off I was named after the "Ashley" in "Gone With the Wind", yes, he was a guy : )

i hv a male frd called ashley and like u, he was named aft the character in [Gone wif the wind]! yet, since there are too many "female ashleys" and my frd is not very masculine.... some ppl laugh at him when they dun know that his name is actually originated from a famous movie:thumbdown:

my name's King-sze,, 2 seperate words in chinese and thus not only a single meaning for my name. "King" means competition while "Sze" means ponder; my mum says she wants me to carefully think over everything in such a world of competition....haha strange meaning:blush-anim-cl:

btw my english name's Kasey,, took it coz of the similar pronunciation wif my chinese name ;P

i just looked up my name on some website and this is what i found, My real name is Michal:

"The boy's and girl's name Michal \m(i)-chal\ is pronounced MYE-kal. It is of Hebrew origin, and its meaning is "who resembles God". Feminine form of Michael. Biblical: Michal was King Saul's daughter, the first wife of David".

Funny thing, this was not the reason wy my parents chose this name LOL.