Photography!

Ok, I'm just in here because well today I was in a gallery(photography) and I started complaining in another thread, but this thread is more appropriate:naughty:

anyway...I;m so annoyed because well......ahhh!! I can't even explain why really, just the fact that it had so much bare walls and the walls with pictures on them were so ordinary(like a shed, a car, rubbish on the road) and it made me annoyed that this was even in a gallery.

It was obvoius that it wasn't really "art" but it was in a rich area, so I assumed it was really pricey etc......

I felt so annoyed after seeing it, like these people were just making money out of well...no effort.

:tears: sorry, I just had to get that out.........and I know art can be anything etc...but...

anyone ever see the film "Educating Rita"? If so, I felt like thats what it was like

Ok, I'm just in here because well today I was in a gallery(photography) and I started complaining in another thread, but this thread is more appropriate:naughty:

anyway...I;m so annoyed because well......ahhh!! I can't even explain why really, just the fact that it had so much bare walls and the walls with pictures on them were so ordinary(like a shed, a car, rubbish on the road) and it made me annoyed that this was even in a gallery.

It was obvoius that it wasn't really "art" but it was in a rich area, so I assumed it was really pricey etc......

I felt so annoyed after seeing it, like these people were just making money out of well...no effort.

:tears: sorry, I just had to get that out.........and I know art can be anything etc...but...

anyone ever see the film "Educating Rita"? If so, I felt like thats what it was like

Oh believe me I feel you. Even though I take hundreds of pictures, and I find some that I like, I always wonder to myself is they're really *that* special, in the way that it's not one of these ordinary things that you mentionned above. Because everytime I go downtown there's an art gallery that changes its exhibitions kinda like every week, and it's a small place (and free haha) so I always take 5 minutes and go inside. And sometimes I just feel like 'wow' and some other times I find myself wondering how that artist even ended up there!

So yeah, at times I'm a little scared about my photography I must say, because I'm afraid to fall in the mold of these photographers that are just like 'hey let's snap a photo of a car and then make it to a super pricey gallery!". My photos mean something to me though, I guess that's why I put them up. And some people might not even understand why I think this photo deserves to be shown in my album. Personally, it can be a color that I love, an expression that reminds me of someone I love dearly, a picture that could illustrate a song I love, a photo that makes me burst out laughing, or just something very simple in which I can see an imagery of something I feel, that's what art is to me :)

Thanks Nailia!! :)

Lovelove mika, I LOVE your umbrella!!

And this one: http://flickr.com/photos/jackiejay/2559330329/

i just think it needs a bit more contrast.

and this one is a great portrait: http://flickr.com/photos/jackiejay/2559330329/

hey,thank you!:)

I was just wondering which one you felt needed more contrast, cause you posted it twice, and I wasn't sure if you ment a different one.

Thanks for your input/advice, it's much appreciated! :)

Hello! I was on vacation, "Peñíscola - castellon" here in spain ... and I made these photos!

this is the castle of "papa luna", I love this site...

dsc00462yt3.th.jpg

and this is the other side of the beach! :wink2:

dsc00463jl5.th.jpg

A bird named Piggy....i like it=] i love those kinds of birds though

:naughty: Yeah, well it was supposed to be "Pigwidgeon" (from Harry Potter *cough*) but it just ... became Piggy, and that just is his name now :bleh:

oh....wooooops....errmmm, well, it was 7am.....

when in doubt, write in pretty colors.

:lmfao:A motto I plan to life my life by.

:mad3:

:naughty:

Hello! I was on vacation, "Peñíscola - castellon" here in spain ... and I made these photos!

this is the castle of "papa luna", I love this site...

dsc00462yt3.th.jpg

and this is the other side of the beach!

dsc00463jl5.th.jpg

Oooh! That's so pretty! *is jealous*

:naughty: Yeah, well it was supposed to be "Pigwidgeon" (from Harry Potter *cough*) but it just ... became Piggy, and that just is his name now :bleh:

:lmfao:A motto I plan to life my life by.

Pig! go Pigwidgeon=]

I have many mottos, i can add that to them:naughty::biggrin2:

Oh believe me I feel you. Even though I take hundreds of pictures, and I find some that I like, I always wonder to myself is they're really *that* special, in the way that it's not one of these ordinary things that you mentionned above. Because everytime I go downtown there's an art gallery that changes its exhibitions kinda like every week, and it's a small place (and free haha) so I always take 5 minutes and go inside. And sometimes I just feel like 'wow' and some other times I find myself wondering how that artist even ended up there!

So yeah, at times I'm a little scared about my photography I must say, because I'm afraid to fall in the mold of these photographers that are just like 'hey let's snap a photo of a car and then make it to a super pricey gallery!". My photos mean something to me though, I guess that's why I put them up. And some people might not even understand why I think this photo deserves to be shown in my album. Personally, it can be a color that I love, an expression that reminds me of someone I love dearly, a picture that could illustrate a song I love, a photo that makes me burst out laughing, or just something very simple in which I can see an imagery of something I feel, that's what art is to me :)

don't mean to be rude but...how do you know those 'random' pictures don't mean anything to the people who took them? it could be something that it symbolizes a meaning or emotion or feeling...ok now i'll just go on my way:wink2:

oh Oakie Doke, that sounds cool. mmm.. we have animals here, but depends on where you go you can see them. Don't think monkeys jump everywhere like in India (because one time I heard a tourist saying "oh I thought monkeys were going to be all over you jumping and all, lol), but yeah, if u go to certain parts u can see them and the frogs, birds, blah blah, lol. I dont know why Im telling because I bet u already know what u will do :bleh:

hey,thank you!:)

I was just wondering which one you felt needed more contrast, cause you posted it twice, and I wasn't sure if you ment a different one.

Thanks for your input/advice, it's much appreciated! :)

you're welcome! I was talking about the portrait of the girl with the strong light in the back :wink2:

oh Oakie Doke, that sounds cool. mmm.. we have animals here, but depends on where you go you can see them. Don't think monkeys jump everywhere like in India (because one time I heard a tourist saying "oh I thought monkeys were going to be all over you jumping and all, lol), but yeah, if u go to certain parts u can see them and the frogs, birds, blah blah, lol. I dont know why Im telling because I bet u already know what u will do :bleh:

you're welcome! I was talking about the portrait of the girl with the strong light in the back :wink2:

oh okay, thanks for your advice! :)

no there are no guns in it! i think they're garden stakes maybe?

o ok, but those are just as dangersous:naughty: i love that one though, it looks like it could be on a postcard, well i don't know where to because i don't know where this photo is being taken!:naughty:

o ok, but those are just as dangersous:naughty: i love that one though, it looks like it could be on a postcard, well i don't know where to because i don't know where this photo is being taken!:naughty:

Watch out for those garden stakes, they will get you:shocked::naughty:

Maybe it could be one one if people visited my backyard...haha

it probably looks like i live in the middle of nowhere, but i'm actually about 3 minutes from town....I like it though, i take a lot of pics around my house, we have a lot of flowers because i really love flowers.

most of the flower pics are here. http://www.flickr.com/photos/27403468@N04/

touch, i know :naughty:

heres an...interesting one.

me and my toddler sized hands *sigh*

DSC01111.jpg

:biggrin2:

heres an...interesting one.

me and my toddler sized hands *sigh*

DSC01111.jpg

:biggrin2:

That is a really good photo. I like it quiet a bit; it has a child-like composition to it! Though, I don't see where you are getting this "toddler sized hand" concept; your hand is pretty. :)

Here are some photos that I've taken in the last week or so that I'm pretty proud of:

Green_Today--large-msg-121339255667.jpg

Twinkle_Twinkle--large-msg-121350047666.jpg

large-msg-121255195512.jpg