Mika joins the stadium posse

dcdeb

Watch out Madonna, Grace Kelly star MIka has an extravagant stage show up his sleeve that could put the queen of pop to shame.

Mika, who will play his first stadium gig in Paris on July 4, revealed: "I'm spending more on the show - more than I'm being paid! It was supposed to be a mixed billing but I sold it out. 55,000 seats on my own."

The 24-year-old wouldn't be drawn into naming a figure but said it's going to be a "beautiful" show as he's joining forces with set designers who usually work in opera and is promising a stunning event.

He told us: "I'll be bringing it to London in 2009 if I have the honour."

http://thelondonpaper.typepad.com/thelondonblog/2008/05/mika-joins-the.html

Oooooooooh,Paris:mf_lustslow: & MIka:mf_lustslow: I'd like to get there somehow but....ya know.... farrrrr away:thumbdown: yay..He'll be there without mee:tears::tears:

say him 'hello' 4 me:crybaby::tears:

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Totally! Despite all my nattering about not liking stadiums, I have a feeling I'll be catching Mika across the Pond in '09.

All you Cali gals should start saving for a massive London field trip! :huglove:

LA to London plane ticket: $850

Five nights in a London hostel: $200

Mika gig ticket: +/- $65

I think the "convincing your parents" part might be harder than the "saving the money" part. :roftl:

Are those prices real?

You're right, I will have a harder time convincing my parents :naughty:

Watch out Madonna, Grace Kelly star MIka has an extravagant stage show up his sleeve that could put the queen of pop to shame.

Mika, who will play his first stadium gig in Paris on July 4, revealed: "I'm spending more on the show - more than I'm being paid! It was supposed to be a mixed billing but I sold it out. 55,000 seats on my own."

The 24-year-old wouldn't be drawn into naming a figure but said it's going to be a "beautiful" show as he's joining forces with set designers who usually work in opera and is promising a stunning event.

that is great! thanks for posting deb:thumb_yello:

Thankyou i went on the site:punk:just wanted to share the joy:wub2:and my love for Mr Stride of s.f.g

Question 1-is it ok to start a thread of non-mika related chin-wagging ,the answer is no

Question 2-who religates a person to stop them

Question 3-if i wish to write about my experiences no-one has to reply to them oddly enough there have been other people on here talking of snow,shed-cleaningetc did you refer them to the snow,shed-cleaning thread,the answer is no

can we please if we feel like saying something,can we not just say it:thumb_yello:

Hi there - here is the Scouting for Girls thread - you will probably

get more responses there :thumb_yello:

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14366

hiya,the thread you written was earlier this months discussion,i have been a member of the Mika site for ages and talking about another band here might sound odd,but thats my choice,people dont have to reply if they dont want to:thumb_yello:thankyou for the referal and i mean that sincerely:bye:

:woot_jump:

*Checking flights to Paris* :plane:

:yikes:

:thumbdown:

:crash:

:no:

:crybaby:

Aw, Christine please don’t cry!

Start saving for London 2009!

I know I will.

(And I have not given up on my secret, well by now not so secret dream, about smaller London gigs, clubs etc. this fall or winter)

That's kinda where I'm at, too. This Paris gig is going to be amazing - he's going to be pulling out all the stops, and the crowd is going to feed off his energy.

I love how he sounds so proud of selling out this beast of a venue. Remember in the DVD, he was so elated at selling out like 3,000? And that was barely over a year ago. While I selfishly admit to preferring smaller shows, I can't help but be oh-so proud of him. :wub2:

Yo, Mika - listen to Blue Sky, she knows what she's talking about! :naughty:

I just hope that if Mika does try to implement some special MFC access in the future, he makes sure that it's organized and well planned out. *cough, Brixton wristband fiasco*

Something tells me that if it's done haphazardly and a bunch of random Joe Schmos get special access and/or front row tickets and diehard MFCers get shoved to the back stands - solely because the whole thing was badly organized - there will be a riot on here. :bleh:

Viva la US! I'm biased against stadium shows, so I'm more than happy that he should, in theory, still be doing theatres for his next US tour. I'd prefer being able to see Mika (and not a teensy, ant-sized, Mika-shaped figure) over some elaborate visual spectacle.

Totally! Despite all my nattering about not liking stadiums, I have a feeling I'll be catching Mika across the Pond in '09.

All you Cali gals should start saving for a massive London field trip! :huglove:

LA to London plane ticket: $850

Five nights in a London hostel: $200

Mika gig ticket: +/- $65

I think the "convincing your parents" part might be harder than the "saving the money" part. :roftl:

i agree with you except can i change the last sentence to "being at mika's gig in uk" : priceless ? :blush-anim-cl:

i agree with you except can i change the last sentence to "being at mika's gig in uk" : priceless ? :blush-anim-cl:

Yeah I'm not going to miss that. Unless he does the Royal Albert gig and I'm broke from that. :naughty:

yeah, yeah.. blame it all on him... :naughty: like we believed you... :fisch: rose's got character and resisted to the temptation, which cannot be said about you. :roftl:

*Cough* No comment on that....Rose is going as well *Cough*

:roftl:Hard to keep your "character" when the Wiz is practically forcing you to go...:naughty:

:roftl:Hard to keep your "character" when the Wiz is practically forcing you to go...:naughty:

:wub2:

He can pick me up at my front door and drag me to his mammoth show anytime. connie_caveman-1.gif

In the meantime I stick to my conviction that size matters. :naughty:

oh wow! This is so cool! though, in a way a little sad, because he's less likely to do small intimate venues after Paris...

Anyone think it'll be televised?:blink: (for those who can't go:tears: :bleh:)

I saw rose weakened too.. and you still try and convince us it's mika's fault.. :thumbdown: tsk tsk tsk.. :mf_rosetinted: addicted, both o' you.

Yeah I'm not going to miss that. Unless he does the Royal Albert gig and I'm broke from that. :naughty:

I have requested that:naughty:- Let's hope he considers it!

I saw rose weakened too.. and you still try and convince us it's mika's fault.. :thumbdown: tsk tsk tsk.. :mf_rosetinted: addicted, both o' you.

It just seemed rude not to, after he practically forced us to go:bleh::roftl:I think that any other MFC'er in the same position would have done the same.

Heck, we even resisted during our chat, and told him a few times that we were not going!! Every time he said that he'd see us there, we said "no, not in Paris! Amsterdam"

And he kept saying it again: "see you in Paris then". And us:"nooo, not Paris!!".

So I actually think that Rose and I resisted longer than would have been expected...

We only decided to go a few days later!

It just seemed rude not to, after he practically forced us to go:bleh::roftl:I think that any other MFC'er in the same position would have done the same.

Heck, we even resisted during our chat, and told him a few times that we were not going!! Every time he said that he'd see us there, we said "no, not in Paris! Amsterdam"

And he kept saying it again: "see you in Paris then". And us:"nooo, not Paris!!".

So I actually think that Rose and I resisted longer than would have been expected...

We only decided to go a few days later!

Oh, he had put you under his spell long before you knew it!:biggrin2:

Trust me, I was absolutely certain I wasn't going, even a few days after we talked. But when me and Sara talked about it, I think deep down we knew we were going to end up going.

It's easy to say you can resist it, but when you are sitting beside him and he turns on the look, there is NO WAY you are going to end up saying no to him, and he is gently persausive (good name for album#2 Meeks?), like Sara said, he would just keep saying, "you're coming aren't you?" and "see you in Paris" but not forcefully, very very softly. That guy has the most hypnotic voices I've ever heard, no wonder he pretty much gets anything he wants!

Trust me, I was absolutely certain I wasn't going, even a few days after we talked. But when me and Sara talked about it, I think deep down we knew we were going to end up going.

It's easy to say you can resist it, but when you are sitting beside him and he turns on the look, there is NO WAY you are going to end up saying no to him, and he is gently persausive (good name for album#2 Meeks?), like Sara said, he would just keep saying, "you're coming aren't you?" and "see you in Paris" but not forcefully, very very softly. That guy has the most hypnotic voices I've ever heard, no wonder he pretty much gets anything he wants!

Of course you should go and you really don't have to make excuses!:thumb_yello:

Anyone who had been in your situation would have, I mean the Man himself trying to persuade you, looking in to your eyes and asking "you are coming, aren't you?"

You really had to be made of stone not to make arrangements for going to the gig after that!

And both of you are living not to far from Paris, compared to me and a lot of others!:wink2:

You are absolutely doing the right thing!:thumb_yello:

Have fun, and take lots, and lots of pictures and films and soundtracks, we trust you on that.

I know....sweet memories:wub2:...I mean, how can you have him look at you with that look and then say no...

Plus, not that it matters, really, but he did look particularly stunning that night:blush-anim-cl:. Much better than he did in the pics of the following day (novellos) IMO.

As I said, I'm actually quite proud of the fact that we didn't let him convince us there and then, haha!! :naughty:

He probably wasn't expecting it, hence why he kept trying:roftl:. He must have wondered what was wrong with his persuading abilities that night.

Mika's not used to not getting his own way I guess. And he did get it in the end. Hmpf.

Plus, not that it matters, really, but he did look particularly stunning that night:blush-anim-cl:. Much better than he did in the pics of the following day (novellos) IMO.

See, I think he looked absolutely radiant at the Ivor Novellos. So what you're saying is just...:mf_lustslow:

Mika's not used to not getting his own way I guess. And he did get it in the end. Hmpf.

I think you've got a point there. :roftl:

What Mika wants, Mika gets. I wonder if he's that persuasive with his friends, or if they've all developed some sort of immunity. :naughty: