Mika in Computer Arts magazine

tauruslady

I was looking through magazines like this the other day,

and found none other than a pic of Mika:D. Its the June edition of Computer Arts if you're interested.:wink2:

I was going to buy the magazine anyway, but it is expensive, and would'nt recommend you get it just for the pic(unless you like computer arts, etc)

anyway, here's the link to the artists website, and the Mika poster.

http://www.moderndog.com/SWFX/'>http://www.moderndog.com/SWFX/

^^ I hope that link works, if not go here http://www.moderndog.com and look in the posters section, look for Mika written under a pic and click it.:wink2: (the quality isn't great there though)

I think its really cool!:D

Oh and here's the little snippet from the artist on that website:

I looked at Mika's website and listened to his songs. I really tried to get into his whole vibe. The portrait is made up of hundreds of little illustrations, including kittens with mittens, a family of spray cans, bunnies, seagulls, the bauhaus design school, a hotdog, and far too many other weird things to mention. Mike made me put in a toilet screaming downhill on wheels.

:punk:

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hey thanx for posting!

queston: do all the posters i'm seeing come in the one magazine, or is it like one poster per issue? cuz i really like a lot of them:thumb_yello:

whew, it took me a little while to find mika's poster, cuz it doesn't look like him at first but once i saw it!! i fell in love with it!

hey thanx for posting!

queston: do all the posters i'm seeing come in the one magazine, or is it like one poster per issue? cuz i really like a lot of them:thumb_yello:

whew, it took me a little while to find mika's poster, cuz it doesn't look like him at first but once i saw it!! i fell in love with it!

no, the magazine had an article on the designers, Modern Dog, and only featured some of their work. They are all very Mikaish though, so if you like it, maybe you'd like the issue of the magazine.:wink2:

Thanks for posting ;o) :flowers2:

At least the guy included bunnies :roftl:

He should have chosen a nicer pattern than the Frodo one :naughty:

I like the idea and the technique, though. It would be great to see an HQ version of the work. (the first link didn't work for me :thumbdown:)

it did work for me. but being a flash link, tauruslady cannot bookmark the precise link and I get lost among all the different posters and still could not see our boy's one.. :boxed:

can someone kindly screencap it and post the pic here for techincally challenged yous truly here..? :blush-anim-cl: most grateful.

it did work for me. but being a flash link, tauruslady cannot bookmark the precise link and I get lost among all the different posters and still could not see our boy's one.. :boxed:

can someone kindly screencap it and post the pic here for techincally challenged yous truly here..? :blush-anim-cl: most grateful.

just go to the left a little bit, not too far. It's blue and white!

Thanks for posting

At least the guy included bunnies

He should have chosen a nicer pattern than the Frodo one

I like the idea and the technique, though. It would be great to see an HQ version of the work. (the first link didn't work for me)

yeah, I know, but the one in the second link is the same as the first just a longer way around to it. The quality doesn't get better than that:thumbdown:

Unless you flick through the magazine in a shop maybe, its a lot clearer in that...

i looked up the book Modern Dog, and it was very cool! but very $$:thumbdown:

lol, I didn't buy the book,just the mag, and I woulnd't because like you said very $$!

it did work for me. but being a flash link, tauruslady cannot bookmark the precise link and I get lost among all the different posters and still could not see our boy's one..

can someone kindly screencap it and post the pic here for techincally challenged yous truly here..? most grateful.

neither link worked?:blink:

right, if you scroll backways in the poster section, he's not far behind the ones that are there straight away:wink2: its a bluey colour.

Oh and this laptop doesn't do screen cao normally, its something I still dunno how to do on this computer, so I can't do that either:(

oh and just again to everyone, both links lead to the same pic, it doesn't get any better quality or bigger on that website. sorry about that.:(

Ohhh I quite like this poster! It's clever. (does it say "Valentine's Day" on the left? :roftl:)

:lmao: yeah, and in the magazine it says beside it:

"promo poster for a Mika gig at the Paramount Theatre, designed by recent Modern Dog emplyee Robert Zweibel. The portriat is composed of hundereds of smaller illustrations"

I wonder what gig that was?:blink:

I found, I found it!! :yay: thx a lot for the heads up, everyone. :thumb_yello:

now I post the pic here for those poor souls who cannot view it on the original website. :wink2:

mikaposteryp8.png

edit: i see caz has posted a much better version of my quick screencap. thx for that. :bleh:

I found, I found it!! :yay: thx a lot for the heads up, everyone. :thumb_yello:

now I post the pic here for those poor souls who cannot view it on the original website. :wink2:

mikaposteryp8.png

edit: i see caz has posted a much better version of my quick screencap. thx for that. :bleh:

you're welcome. mwahahahahahaha!

mikaposter.jpg

wish we could zoom in on it, so we could see the extra details really clearly.

I found, I found it!! :yay: thx a lot for the heads up, everyone.

now I post the pic here for those poor souls who cannot view it on the original website.

mikaposteryp8.png

thanx for posting girls:thumb_yello:

sorry I coulnd't do that straight away:blush-anim-cl: (I wish screen cap worked on this!:sneaky2:)

I was trying to take a photo of it from the magazine(since my scanner doesn't work either:sneaky2:)

but though the quality in the magazine is better, the pic is still too small, so it makes no difference really:thumbdown:

once again, sorry.

just go to the left a little bit, not too far. It's blue and white!

Thanks Caz i couldn't work out how to find it at first till I read that, it's quite good, I would like to see all the details, especially the toilet on wheels (he's nutz lol).