How did you find the MFC?

chickadee

I know a lot of people tell how they found the MFC when they introduce themselves, but I thought it would be interesting to have, all in one place, people's stories about how they found the MFC.

I'm particularly curious about people who's very first posts on the forum tend to be along the lines of "Wow, I was at *insert name of gig here* last night and it was fantastic etc etc" and I was wondering if you met MFC'ers at the gig who put you on to it, or if you found the forum whilst still in your post-gig blissout and whilst searching the net for other people's pics and blogs and reviews to keep your own experience alive just that bit longer.

My story is that I had the computer to myself for a whole weekend with half the family away and the only remaining person being a toddler of two, who really didn't need it, and I was looking for articles and pictures of Mika online as I'd only discovered him a few weeks before and was trying to lay my hands on everything to do with him. I wasn't looking for a fanclub, but high in the list of google hits was a link into here and there seemed to be so much great info and I couldn't help but want to comment, so had to join up right away! Spent the rest of the night chatting in the Aussie thread and finding my way around. And I fell in love with the place.

Feel free to share your story too!

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

awsome:thumb_yello:

can we add in how we found mika too or is there a seperate thread for that?

well i'll add it in anyway

so my friend was in the backseat w/ me and said "hey this is such a funny song, it's the color song!" so i listened and was :mf_lustslow:. so went home and bought one song at a time until bought whole album( was may 2007)

i didn't join fanclub until december. my friend (foalbaby14,) intorduced me to it. but i just signed up cuz she told me too, i didn't even look at it again until march of this year.(after mika recieved the tea box my friend set up and watched him get it, that was just a turning point for me, that he actually cared about his crazy fans) that's when i started to absolutly love mika!

that's my story:thumb_yello:

Well the firts time i heard him was on vh1, it was august of last year and i was in vactions... ill never forget that day. I saw the video of grace kelly and fell in love.

And for the MFC i had started my mika obession and started to look up everything of this perfect man and BUM! found MFC and now im addicted!

May 12, 2007: Saw the Grace Kelly video in a movie theatre while waiting to see Spiderman 3.

May 20, 2007: Downloaded Grace Kelly video.

May 27-29, 2007: Looked up Mika's other songs on iTunes. Watched full length clips on YouTube. Found interviews. Fell in love.

May 30, 2007: Fell more in love after fiance went away on business trip, leaving me alone with the computer. Thought to myself, "This guy is blazing electric awesomeness...personified. I have to join his fan club."

Googled "Mika Fan Club", signed up, started posting right away - and haven't stopped. Exactly 18 days between first hearing his music and joining this crazy place.

And the rest, as they say, is history. :wink2:

Oh and I'm going to post what I wrote in my blog the same night I joined MFC. Yup, I was head over bloody heels from the start. :roftl:

And it's so pointlessly delicious. :wub2:

"So a few days ago I posted about my newly-discovered affection for UK singer/songwriter Mika (MEE-ka). Since then, I have bought the CD, bought his acoustic tracks from iTunes, got the unreleased material, and joined the fan club. Who is Mika? Take a blender. Throw in a bit of the BeeGees, a splash of Elton John, a touch of Darren Hayes, a dollop of Freddie Mercury, and a cup or so of something totally and exquisitely unique. Hit "puree", and pour out a watercolor palette of aural fantasmic-ness. In tight orange pants."

Well I first heard of Mika when I saw an interview with him in People magazine. After that I was watching videos of him on youtube and at the end of one there was an advertisement for MFC so I decided to join :thumb_yello:

I think I was on youtube looking for performances/interviews, and I ran across either Babs' or Sou's video accounts (:rip_1:)... and I saw the little advertisements for the MFC they inserted at the beginning of the videos. I then came here and joined just so I could access the Member's Only section to download other songs/videos. :bleh: But then I read some of the threads and thought everything was hilarious so I actually started posting. Ah, I miss the air the place had back then when everyone was so new and equally excitable....

i remember the first time i ever layed eyes on him. it was him under the umbrella on the grace kelly video on vh1 and i was like

":shocked: woah.. whos that :mf_lustslow:"

then i downloaded the song, then eventually the rest... then i found this place by looking for pictures, and have been an addict till this very day :blush-anim-cl:

x

Oh and I'm going to post what I wrote in my blog the same night I joined MFC. Yup, I was head over bloody heels from the start. :roftl:

And it's so pointlessly delicious. :wub2:

"So a few days ago I posted about my newly-discovered affection for UK singer/songwriter Mika (MEE-ka). Since then, I have bought the CD, bought his acoustic tracks from iTunes, got the unreleased material, and joined the fan club. Who is Mika? Take a blender. Throw in a bit of the BeeGees, a splash of Elton John, a touch of Darren Hayes, a dollop of Freddie Mercury, and a cup or so of something totally and exquisitely unique. Hit "puree", and pour out a watercolor palette of aural fantasmic-ness. In tight orange pants."

You sound like an ad for Mika. And that's just for your own blog! I really think Mika should hire you!

We all think Mika should hire Mana (L_M) !!

My story is that I have been a Queen fan since I was 14 (and that was a VERY long time ago....Roger Taylor had long long hair)

Queen + Paul Rodgers came to Japan in 2005 and re-ignited my dormant inner fangrrl, and I became youtube obsessed trying to see as much footage of Queen as I could, and along the way watching quite a few other things. I was also hanging out on the Roger Taylor forum, somewhat obsessively, but not posting, and brianmay.com (wrote him a couple of letters and after I went to see WWRY in my third country, I wrote and told him and he published the letter!) Anyway, it was Brian May who kept mentioning Mika repeatedly....

http://www.brianmay.com/queen/queennews/queennewsjul06b.html

http://www.brianmay.com/brian/briannews/briannewsjan07a.html

http://www.brianmay.com/brian/brianssb/brianssbfeb07.html (twice on that page)

so I kept going on youtube to watch Mika repeatedly, googling him for more details and vids, and that's how I came across MFC...but I was still a bit lost in my youtube obsession, so it actually took me till Feb 28th 2007 to sign up and I didn't post until someone said they were the first fan from Japan on MFC, and I needed to step in a rightly claim my position...which was on March 8th 2007! I had been watching everything I could find that was Mika related on youtube...turned out they were all posted by "Mika Obsessed" our very own Sou (Sandi). I miss her ( and also her deleted youtube account:blink:.) She and Bab paired up to do the BabSou account which sadly went the way of the Mika Obsessed account. By early April 2007 I also had a mikasounds forum account, but it is way too quiet for me over there.:naughty:

So here I am, a piece of the furniture now:naughty::wub2:

Hi,

Great tread :wink2:

-More one year : I dicovered Mika thanks to a boy that I met in a train (:fisch:) , the song was Grace Kelly.

- When I bought LICM, I was going to buy an another cd (James Morisson). When I arrived at the checkout I had a doubt and I returned in the department/shelf and finally I layed my first choice and I bought LICM. An intuition....:bleh:

- After I tried to find some info about him (his inspirations,some videos,....) and on google I found the MFC. During about one year I came as a "visitor/guest" and now I'm Alexandra26 and I'm very happy :thumb_yello:

I hope that my english is a few comprehensible :bow:

my story is, i listened lollipop on my friends i-pod and i9 simply loved it :mf_lustslow: i asked who is this singer she was like its mika then i went home searched everything in google about him, and went to youtube, for videos and i saw in beginning of video there was something about MFC, so i joined here, and love this place and i love mika. i LOVE him. yeah love ...

Well, last year, when I went back to my parents' house for the Easter holidays, my mum asked me if I listened to Mika at all. I had actually intended on checking out his music in late 2006 after I read about him in a music magazine, but I'd forgotten XD so I decided to look his stuff up on the internet before I forgot again. I thought his music was pretty cool, but it wasn't until after I decided to search for interviews with him that I became a proper fan. I joined the forums on his official website at first, but soon grew tired of them, and then I heard about the MFC. I joined, at first thinking it might be too fast-paced and busy for me to truly enjoy, but I was soon proven wrong :biggrin2:

i like this thread!

hmm, well i was searching google :wub2:

and i typed 'mika' and it came up with this fanclub, so i was like 'ooh this looks interesting!' and then i became a member, and eversince, i've been addicted :biggrin2:

the same here,hun!:roftl:

I was on Mikasounds every now and again and heard a lot of talk about this place, so I looked in here and never looked back:bleh:

though I wasn't on this regularly for ages because I had dial up for agaes:thumbdown: :naughty:

but now I can't leave!!:shocked::naughty:

I really do love it here, so many cool people, and its always welcoming:)

I know a lot of people tell how they found the MFC when they introduce themselves, but I thought it would be interesting to have, all in one place, people's stories about how they found the MFC.

My story is that I had the computer to myself for a whole weekend with half the family away and the only remaining person being a toddler of two, who really didn't need it, and I was looking for articles and pictures of Mika online as I'd only discovered him a few weeks before and was trying to lay my hands on everything to do with him. I wasn't looking for a fanclub, but high in the list of google hits was a link into here and there seemed to be so much great info and I couldn't help but want to comment, so had to join up right away! Spent the rest of the night chatting in the Aussie thread and finding my way around. And I fell in love with the place.

Feel free to share your story too!

Hey CD!

I was the same...just searching the net for Mika related stuff and stumbled in here by accident...kept coming back time and time again and then I decided I'd better join:thumb_yello: