Luke Juby is no longer a band member Part 2

Christine

This is the Tshirt that I am making to wear to Paris (hopefully!!)

lukie.jpg

:wub2::naughty::naughty:

I have another one :roftl:

much more subtle tho :naughty: and I won't be wearing it,it's too much clothing for heat

• Replies 631
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't checked this site for 2-3 weeks , so it is the first time I have read the news...

I must tell you I am probably the least familiar with the band members, their personality and capability, but let me still comment...

1., My first thought is that it was Luke that 'fitted' the least into the group of people Mika is working with.... (I am not going to elaborate this, you either feel what I mean or you don't)

2., Luke seemed to enjoy spotlight a lot, and I wouldn't be suprised if he wanted to launch his own career.

3., I completely trust Mika's decision to replace any member of the band on either professional or personal basis. (In fact, I would recommend to change one other person on merely professional basis in order to have a more perfect sound for stadium gigs... )

4., As Mika said several times, he enjoys working with great session musicians that inspire him, so I hope that he will work with many new musicians on his next album. That is essential for his career development. The line-up of the support band is interchangeable, too. Personally we might feel sorry for some of them leaving, but eventually a new line-up will open new doors for Mika in his professional career...

Awesome!! I'm sure M&M would love it

that is awesome!!!!!!!

MWAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAAAAA!!!!

HA!

Don't be such a bully! :thumbdown:

Oh Gawd:lmfao:

Nice t-shirt Sara!

awesome

Well, thanks so much:thumb_yello:.

I'm glad to see that the Tshirt had a good reaction. Looks like the Luke Tshirt already has a fan base of its own, LOL!

I hope that the people of Paris like it as much as you lot, or I will get lynched :bleh:.

is it white? haha, *stop having knitty thoughts Breana! stop!*

Goodness PG, you may be young but you sure are perverted:roftl:.

Haha, us luke go-ers are still pissed.*holds up pitchforks*

:naughty:*or Tshirts even...*

I haven't checked this site for 2-3 weeks , so it is the first time I have read the news...

I must tell you I am probably the least familiar with the band members, their personality and capability, but let me still comment...

1., My first thought is that it was Luke that 'fitted' the least into the group of people Mika is working with.... (I am not going to elaborate this, you either feel what I mean or you don't)

2., Luke seemed to enjoy spotlight a lot, and I wouldn't be suprised if he wanted to launch his own career.

3., I completely trust Mika's decision to replace any member of the band on either professional or personal basis. (In fact, I would recommend to change one other person on merely professional basis in order to have a more perfect sound for stadium gigs... )

4., As Mika said several times, he enjoys working with great session musicians that inspire him, so I hope that he will work with many new musicians on his next album. That is essential for his career development. The line-up of the support band is interchangeable, too. Personally we might feel sorry for some of them leaving, but eventually a new line-up will open new doors for Mika in his professional career...

Hi Suzie! I will try and reply in a sort of organised way, so I can find what I was meaning to say...

1-You may be right, or not, but I personally don't think that it's necessary for them to all "fit" in such a perfect way, as long as they do what they have to do and do it properly.

Luke imo was one of the most professional ones in the band, and also one of the most technically/musically capable ones there.

However, if we assume that he was let go due to not "fitting", I think that they should all have been let go, if you know what I mean.

I think that they either all fit or none of them do. They are all very different to eachother, and to Mika...I don't think that they all fit so nicely together and then Luke was the odd one out, that is not how I see it at all.

2-I'm not sure what you base the fact that he enjoyed the spotlight on, but he has actually said that he would not feel comfortable sitting in the middle of the stage and singing by himself, or not quite anytime soon, so I disagree with that.

The reason why I think you may say this is cause he was one of the most sociable and nicest band members with the fans, so he got a lot of attention, not to mention that, quite frankly, he was also the most attractive (IMO) together with Mika.

Saranayde on the other hand does have her solo career and single coming out now, so in any case she would be closer to that than Luke, hence why I don't think your argument is very viable.

3-We don't know if it was Mika's decision in the first place, or if someone else "started" and Mika backed it, if it was for a professional reason of for a personal one,or what it was based on. And obviously we won't find out either.

The point of our discussions was never to say that Mika can't change them, or that he shouldn't. The point we've made was about the way in which it had been *apparently* done.

And I still totally stand by that.

The fact that I also think that he's lost a great musician who will probably be very hard to replace, is secondary to it all.

As I said, i'd like to see how those preparations are going, and how the band (with no Luke) and the new chap are managing. Hehehe...

4- I think I covered it in 3...

Ah one thing though: this band were not involved in the LICM album as far as I know, he only used them for the live shows AFTER the album was out, so it doesn't really matter who Mika wants to work with in his album, as he'll still need a live band to use for gigs, etc..

Well, thanks so much:thumb_yello:.

I'm glad to see that the Tshirt had a good reaction. Looks like the Luke Tshirt already has a fan base of its own, LOL!

I hope that the people of Paris like it as much as you lot, or I will get lynched :bleh:.

[Ah one thing though: this band were not involved in the LICM album as far as I know, he only used them for the live shows AFTER the album was out, so it doesn't really matter who Mika wants to work with in his album, as he'll still need a live band to use for gigs, etc..

:thumb_yello: They better like it :naughty:

They were in his vids though but that's a whole different story.

Is there any latest?

Hi Suzie! I will try and reply in a sort of organised way, so I can find what I was meaning to say...

1-You may be right, or not, but I personally don't think that it's necessary for them to all "fit" in such a perfect way, as long as they do what they have to do and do it properly.

Luke imo was one of the most professional ones in the band, and also one of the most technically/musically capable ones there.

Hi Sariflor,

Thanks for your opinion. I really appreciate that you took so much time to reply and clarify a couple of things... As I mentioned, I am not really following what is going on with the band members or have any opinion about their personality. I only heard Luke talk to fans once, after the first Brixton show....

When I mentioned him not fitting that much, I definitely did not mean professionally...and that was actually only my sixth sense saying this, so I do not want to elaborate...

Ah one thing though: this band were not involved in the LICM album as far as I know, he only used them for the live shows AFTER the album was out, so it doesn't really matter who Mika wants to work with in his album, as he'll still need a live band to use for gigs, etc..

Yes, I know that none of the band members (luckily:cool:) was playing on LICM and the reason I brought it up was to say that I really do not expect Mika to ask any of them to play on the next album simply because I believe that on the album he should collaborate with the best musicians he can get or would like to work with, and then I don't mind who is touring with him next year as long as they can play the songs live...

...and let me state here, professionally I would expect more from one particular musician, so I would absolutely support another change in the line-up, regardless of friendship..etc - but maybe my standards are too high.:cool:

...and let me state here, professionally I would expect more from one particular musician, so I would absolutely support another change in the line-up, regardless of friendship..etc - but maybe my standards are too high.:cool:

I can't speak for everyone but I know I would have expected and accepted a lineup change since Mika is spending so much time this year on hiatus. He may have other reasons to switch up the band and I wouldn't really question him on that. He needs to do what's best for him regardless of what anyone else thinks, particularly outsiders who don't know what the underlying dynamic is here.

But I think the concern is that Luke may have been mistreated in some way and the people who like him are upset by that. Just as I'm sure this entire forum would be up in arms if they felt that Mika had been mistreated in such a way.

you know those 'big shoes' mika talks about? Only Lukas would fit into shoes that big. i am sure of it.

I think that someone may be a bit clouded by her Luke love here :roftl:

Hi Sariflor,

Thanks for your opinion. I really appreciate that you took so much time to reply and clarify a couple of things... As I mentioned, I am not really following what is going on with the band members or have any opinion about their personality. I only heard Luke talk to fans once, after the first Brixton show....

When I mentioned him not fitting that much, I definitely did not mean professionally...and that was actually only my sixth sense saying this, so I do not want to elaborate...

Yes, I know that none of the band members (luckily:cool:) was playing on LICM and the reason I brought it up was to say that I really do not expect Mika to ask any of them to play on the next album simply because I believe that on the album he should collaborate with the best musicians he can get or would like to work with, and then I don't mind who is touring with him next year as long as they can play the songs live...

Interesting......

I suppose that everyone has a lot of ideas about many things! :naughty:

You know, I think that there will probably be another change, but of course it's only my opinion as well, so we shall see what the future brings!

I can't speak for everyone but I know I would have expected and accepted a lineup change since Mika is spending so much time this year on hiatus. He may have other reasons to switch up the band and I wouldn't really question him on that. He needs to do what's best for him regardless of what anyone else thinks, particularly outsiders who don't know what the underlying dynamic is here.

But I think the concern is that Luke may have been mistreated in some way and the people who like him are upset by that. Just as I'm sure this entire forum would be up in arms if they felt that Mika had been mistreated in such a way.

Exactly. If it had been Mika "possibly" wronged by someone, the MFC would have been up in arms (me included) voicing their concern.

It's about the ideal, not about the person.

1. I know what you mean,and I don't really know how to explain the reason people felt that,but he isn't like the 'rest of the bunch'

2. I doubt he'll be starting a solo career,and he only got the "spotlight" off stage.I don't think any(if at all ) intentions of a solo career got in the way of anything

I'm not going to go into the other points because it will just lead to one more debate that has been argued over and over already

*** Springs out of nowhere*****

None of the band where on LICM , Greg Wells done a lot of it :thumb_yello:

Why must you do such things? why I ask!

And I think some of the band was on LICM ,I know that Cherisse wasn't on drums but I recall at least one member being there

A bit of shameless spamming to show my new Tshirt that will see the light on Friday for the Paris gig...:roftl:

Yes, I am dropping it in a few threads to give it coverage :naughty:

IMG_2711.jpg

IMG_2710.jpg

AWESOME!!!!!!!! :thumb_yello::roftl::roftl: