Sam, Mika's new back-up singer

sunshine931

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought Mikey was most likely to have her listed in his myspace friends, but can;t find her there yet.

So I googled backup singers sam, and guess what came up third on the list ALREADY??? Yup this thread.:roftl:

lol... we are THE reference it seems !!

I wanted to point out the above quote cause I find it interesting that people are so welcoming of Sam but bitched and complained about Saranayde... admitedly that was a while ago but still... interesting...

Good luck Sam! :thumb_yello:

I find this interesting as well... I think the obvious answer is : jealousy

And also, Saranayde was the first back-up singer. People weren't used to seing someone else share the stage with Mika.

I like Sam. She has a nice, big, bubbly personality. Seems friendly. Looks like she'll fit in although I have a feeling she'll be the loudest member :roftl:

circle of life video was well random though :roftl:

You're probably right :naughty:...

SUNSHINE BOY LMAO! :roftl:

I think the reason why people didn't warm to Saranayde at first was because she kinda just popped up from nowhere and everyone was just like "Whoooooooo's THAT?"

I have no problem with her confidence and her bouncy energy on stage, but at the time it looked as if she was sharing Mika's limelight rather than stepping back and doing what a backing singer does - sing at the back and do harmonies and shizzle lol.

BUT, people got to her know her and she's lovely. People saw her live and noticed that she's nowhere near as distracting as people originally thought, and then people listened to her voice. Her voice is amazing. Now we all love her!

Personnaly, I found that strange when people were complaining about how she "shared the limelight" with Mika. I mean Mika likes to put emphasis on all his band members, to have them take much more space in the show than many solo artist would with their support band. And people we're rather happy about that... so why was it ok for the other band members and not for Saranayde ??

And what people seemed to forget is that Saranayde took the place that Mika gave her and onstage she acted like Mika told her to and she wore what Yasmine and Mika's mom told her to wear...

But anyways... sorry to be so off-topic !!! Back to Sam !!!

Mika says in one video what sounds like

"SAMANTHA ANTOINETTE SMITH"

so...anyone heard of her or know her pedigree???

....oh don't worry I did try google:blink:

So no luck on finding more info on her... Would be much easier if she had a myspace and was in one of the band members' top friends...

lol... we are THE reference it seems !!

I find this interesting as well... I think the obvious answer is : jealousy

And also, Saranayde was the first back-up singer. People weren't used to seing someone else share the stage with Mika.

You're probably right :naughty:...

Personnaly, I found that strange when people were complaining about how she "shared the limelight" with Mika. I mean Mika likes to put emphasis on all his band members, to have them take much more space in the show than many solo artist would with their support band. And people we're rather happy about that... so why was it ok for the other band members and not for Saranayde ??

And what people seemed to forget is that Saranayde took the place that Mika gave her and onstage she acted like Mika told her to and she wore what Yasmine and Mika's mom told her to wear...

But anyways... sorry to be so off-topic !!! Back to Sam !!!

So no luck on finding more info on her... Would be much easier if she had a myspace and was in one of the band members' top friends...

I find her outfits a tad revealing.

HEY in one of his performances, on werchter io think , she shook her ass like frequently and she like shook it in his lap :lmfao: Am i the only one that noticed this , 'cause i was disturbed and gigglish at the same time

I find her outfits a tad revealing.

HEY in one of his performances, on werchter io think , she shook her ass like frequently and she like shook it in his lap :lmfao: Am i the only one that noticed this , 'cause i was disturbed and gigglish at the same time

If you're talking about Saranayde, her outfits are designed by Yasmine. She's the boss when it comes to what people are wearing on stage. So you can't blame it on Saranayde if you find it too reavealing :wink2:.

And Mika is the circus master. He is very specific about how he wants people to act when they are on stage. If she acts sexy, it's probably cause that's how Mika wants it. And if he wasn't pleased with the way she acts on stage or if he found it inappropriate, he would tell her. :thumb_yello:

And just a thought : Big Girls' outfits are quite revealing and they act all sexy and flirty on stage with him and nobody complains about that...

That being said, let's try and not turn this thread in a another debate about Saranayde. This thread is about Sam and for now the main goal is to try and find info on her cause for now we have very little !!! And of course to welcome her !! :thumb_yello:

I don't mean to tell off anyone, just trying to stay on topic ! :wink2:

(I well know it's hard sometimes hehe)

VICTORY !!!!!!!!

I found her myspace !!!!

Click here to see it !

I shall update the main post !

Oh and sent her a friend request of course :naughty:

How on earth did you manage to find her?:shocked:

Wow, she worked with Depeche Mode, maybe that's where the inspiration to sing that song came from.:wink2:

*feels like Captain Obvious*

If you're talking about Saranayde, her outfits are designed by Yasmine. She's the boss when it comes to what people are wearing on stage. So you can't blame it on Saranayde if you find it too reavealing :wink2:.

And Mika is the circus master. He is very specific about how he wants people to act when they are on stage. If she acts sexy, it's probably cause that's how Mika wants it. And if he wasn't pleased with the way she acts on stage or if he found it inappropriate, he would tell her. :thumb_yello:

And just a thought : Big Girls' outfits are quite revealing and they act all sexy and flirty on stage with him and nobody complains about that...

That being said, let's try and not turn this thread in a another debate about Saranayde. This thread is about Sam and for now the main goal is to try and find info on her cause for now we have very little !!! And of course to welcome her !! :thumb_yello:

I don't mean to tell off anyone, just trying to stay on topic ! :wink2:

(I well know it's hard sometimes hehe)

well I never stated it was her choice, I just said they are too revealing. end of discussion , it's a fact that if i want to go to a mika concert i shouldn't have to be awkward about Yasmine's decision.

And : I wasn't complaining about her , and I odnt complain about big girls. But i have stated before i think they're waaaay inappropriate :wink2:

VICTORY !!!!!!!!

I found her myspace !!!!

Click here to see it !

I shall update the main post !

Oh and sent her a friend request of course :naughty:

Mission accomplished, soldier!!

But you have to tell me how you did it, seeing as I gave you the name!!

Of course friend request her. She will be bombarded now :naughty:

Interesting that she has listed that she is "currently" appearing in

The Legend Of The Lion King in Paris....guess not any more!!

would this one be her??

How on earth did you manage to find her?:shocked:

Wow, she worked with Depeche Mode, maybe that's where the inspiration to sing that song came from.:wink2:

*feels like Captain Obvious*

Well I went into the music section in myspace and typed "samantha"... and I had 500 results ! so I typed "England" in the location to refine my search. It narrowed down to 142 results. So I looked at the pictures to see if I would recognise her somewhere and she appeared on the third or fourth page I think. I recognised her on her pic plus I remembered BS saying she heard Mika saying "Samantha Antoinette Smith"... so there you have it !

well I never stated it was her choice, I just said they are too revealing. end of discussion , it's a fact that if i want to go to a mika concert i shouldn't have to be awkward about Yasmine's decision.

And : I wasn't complaining about her , and I odnt complain about big girls. But i have stated before i think they're waaaay inappropriate :wink2:

I just hope you didn't take my comment as an attack or anything. It wasn't intended as one. You are entitled to your own opinion and we are all, and I repsect that. I just sometimes feel that we have to be reminded that how people in Mika's band dress and act on stage and the amount of space they take are decisions made by Mika and his team (mostly his family). So if people do not agree / feel comfortable with those decisions, they have the right to do so, but they shouldn't "blame it" on the band member itself... not saying you were blaming anyone, it's just a general statement. :wink2:

And just another thought : I think Mika (as well as Yasmine) knows what he wants in his show and has an artistic vision and he doesn't care about what people think about it, or if they feel awkward or not about it and imho I don't think he should change anything because some of us feel awkward about it. But of course people have the right to have an opinion about it.... hope I'm making sens !:naughty:

Anyhoo !!!! I'm sorry I told everyone to try and stay on topic and here I go off topic... SORRY !!!!! Will try not to do it again !!! :thumb_yello:

Mission accomplished, soldier!!

But you have to tell me how you did it, seeing as I gave you the name!!

Of course friend request her. She will be bombarded now :naughty:

would this one be her??

Tis her indeed ! Look at the pics in her myspace, there's some pics of her wearing that costume !

Good work finding this vid !

would this one be her??

Wow.:shocked:

You guys are really good stalkers.:naughty:

And that video was amazing.:shocked:

In the video did Mika tell Sam that she was Sexy? I didn't hear the beginning part but Sam said 'Big girls are sexy, thank you Mika for drawing attention to the world'.

I know he prides himself on having different types of people in his band and to put the big girls out front and show them off but is he just making a point to sell himself or is he for real? I honestly think he's gay.:shocked:

In the video did Mika tell Sam that she was Sexy? I didn't hear the beginning part but Sam said 'Big girls are sexy, thank you Mika for drawing attention to the world'.

I know he prides himself on having different types of people in his band and to put the big girls out front and show them off but is he just making a point to sell himself or is he for real? I honestly think he's gay.:shocked:

Erm... not sure what point you're trying to make. I think when Sam says : 'Big girls are sexy, thank you Mika for drawing attention to the world', she's just refering to his song Big Girl. And in the beginning Mika says something like : "this is Sam... Sam say hello". He's just introducing his new back-up singer. And I see nothing more there. I don't understand how this has anything to do with the fact that he is gay or not... :blink:

Erm... not sure what point you're trying to make. I think when Sam says : 'Big girls are sexy, thank you Mika for drawing attention to the world', she's just refering to his song Big Girl. And in the beginning Mika says something like : "this is Sam... Sam say hello". He's just introducing his new back-up singer. And I see nothing more there. I don't understand how this has anything to do with the fact that he is gay or not... :blink:

Oh, thanks. I missed the first part of the video. Support maybe? As far as the gay thing goes, support to be himself like he's trying to support other types of people that are out of the so called "norm" .

I love her already. She seems very nice and she's got an amazing voice !

You can see her in the "rehearsals" vid on Mikasounds

Her name is Samantha A Smith

Here's a little bio info for you :

Samantha has been professional singer for over 20 years. Samantha has worked with some of the biggest acts in the business such as Depeche Mode, Lionel Richie, Richard Ashcroft, Erasure, Mariah Carey, Blur, Luther Vandross, Gloria Gaynor, Beverley Knight, Puff Daddy, James Brown, just to name a few and has recently completed a world tour with Jamiroquai. As well as studio,tv and touring Samantha was a lead singer with the London Community Gospel Choir. Sam has great personality and presence on stage. She is currently working on her own material for a solo album. Currently working in The Legend Of The Lion King in Paris. Samantha has also recently featured on the new Mudbone Cooper album "Fresh Mud" a collaboration between Mudbone and David A Stewart and featuring such artists as Bob Dylan and Jools Holland.

Sam1.jpg

Sam2.jpg

The bio and the pictures were taken from her myspace

She was on fire on PDP, i loved her presence with Saranyde & Mika. Sam was amazing on Friday and i really hope Mika will keep her for next tour as well as, she adds so much to his sound with her absolutly stunning voice.

I already like her without having listened to her live...

1., She is a great singer - you can hear that from the rehearsal footage..

2., She lists great singers such as Aretha Franklin and Nina Simone as her influences..

3., Her name can be either a boy's or a girl's name... (:naughty:) .. ok, it might have only been a pro for Mika

4., She used to sing with the London Community Gospel Choir .. :thumb_yello: ( I wonder if she sang STL with George Michael at the FM Tribute..:blush-anim-cl:) .. ok, this is also irrelevant

5., I like her character and has a cool myspage page

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...