2008 - REPORTS, PICS, VIDEOS of MIKA @ Parc des Princes, Paris

marthastewart

:lol3:Same here. "Darn, they didn't show him lick it..." :das:

Giant Pizza??

Is there a video? I haven't seen AOW yet.

here its just before 2 mins and you can see it flopping about in the crowd

the look he gave her was really sexy, I dunno if he meant it to be, but what with him panting that hard..:das:

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=n2H7v46vAuo

I shouldn't be laughing but I just imagine the horror of being attacked by a giant inflatable pizza :naughty:

• Replies 952
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

here its just before 2 mins and you can see it flopping about in the crowd

the look he gave her was really sexy, I dunno if he meant it to be, but what with him panting that hard..:das:

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=n2H7v46vAuo

I shouldn't be laughing but I just imagine the horror of being attacked by a giant inflatable pizza :naughty:

:lmao: My god that thing is gargantuan!!!!

A giant slice of pizza hahaha... That's funny.

Right now, i don't even understand why some people don't like his music. I feel like the world should be falling to bits right now.

Today has been very odd though, so i guess this just tops it off:blush-anim-cl:

*rare 1AM emotional moment, don't worry, i'll get over it*:biggrin2:

It's like we're all in on some delicious secret. :huglove:

It's like, the rest of the world should be singing and dancing, and yet they're all so sadly unaware...

Wowwwww I just saw a Big Girl thrusting into a Lollipop girl.

...with a monkey head. :das:

It just feels so grand and regal and epic...

True dat, sistah! :punk:

Mika was holding out on me...he didn't do that when I was a lolli.

Me neither! All that work getting into all those layers of crinoline, and no one bent me over on stage. :sneaky2:

:das:

WOW!!! I wish I was there, it looks amazing!!! Hats of to everyone involved!!! What a show indeed... :thumb_yello: and the crowd... sooo may people!!! I feel like a proud mother...hehehhe... what a priviledge to have seen this boy and his team grow :blush-anim-cl: I don't think i'm being bias but Mika writes great songs!!! Rain is just wonderful :) Thank you for the reports, pics, videos folks... :wink2:

It's like we're all in on some delicious secret. :hug_love:

It's like, the rest of the world should be singing and dancing, and yet they're all so sadly unaware...

...with a monkey head. :das:

True dat, sistah! :punk:

Me neither! All that work getting into all those layers of crinoline, and no one bent me over on stage. :sneaky2:

:das:

Mmmhmmmmmmmm....we're definitely going to have to have a word with Mika the next time we both see him. We can't stand for being treated so poorly, Mana. :sneaky2:

weird?

how so?

at werchter?

his bum was falling out of his pants...

but if you know me, you know I liked it. :mf_rosetinted:

maybe it is just me :naughty::roftl:

no at Paris

you have a thing with his bum right ?:naughty::roftl:

maybe it is just me :naughty::roftl:

no at Paris

you have a thing with his bum right ?:naughty::roftl:

ooh sorry, Time difference, it is still..oh wait its 1 am now, so it is last night lol!

your so lucky to have been there....

he licked a girls lollipop ;P

I have a thing with all of him. :blush-anim-cl:

and yeah his wee bum and his arms. :wub2:

I sort of expected to crowd to be wayyyyyyyyyy louder than that though..

I mean, 55,000 people? That amount can make some insane noise... I just think they could've done better. But I wasn't there so, I don't know how it really was Haha.

I wondered about that too... it may just be the recording.. or maybe cause it was open air???:blink:

does anybody else think the giant clown face/stage was a bit creepy but TOTALLY awesome?

Totally awesome. Really, I think it was such a brilliant stage design and I can't believe they pulled it off. He's performing in the clown's mouth, and the video screens are inside of the clown's ears... there are so many little components going on at the same time it must have taken so much to plan it and put it together.

I noticed also that as the evening gets darker and the lights on the clown's face change it starts to almost look like a chinese dragon costume instead of a clown at times... I wonder if that was his sister's influence in the design. You can see it more in this video http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=HR4E3N37sT4 and I think it has to do with the swirls that come out from the sides of the head... they become more prominent as the night got darker and the lights on the swirly parts became more noticable.

I can't begin to imagine how much work they put into this, and I'm soooooo relieved that it didn't turn into a Brit Awards part two. I think he was going for something this BIG in his mind at the Brits but just got so perfectionist that he ended up seeming stifled (plus he was really sick). When I saw his video on Mikasounds telling us what was coming for this concert I was a bit nervous that his perfectionism would result in the same thing this time around, but he was so calm, relaxed and happy through this whole concert. I think this was really his dream performance, the highlight of his career so far.... I'm sure he's SO thrilled with how it turned out. I'm really happy for him and proud of him!

(And considering his team has such trouble putting together a contest to give away "4 pairs and tickets", I think they did an amazing job of organizing this, it must have been occupying them for months. Although it took a lot more people than just their usual team. See? Hire the right people and you get a job well done....)

Woo, I've caught up and with 10 minutes to spare before I have to go back to work for my next shift again!

*holds out until the last minute for any chance of a call telling her not to go back in*

*hopes she can finish her reply in time*

it was... THE BEST DAMN MIKA SHOW EVER!!!!! I've seen a few too. It was amazing - everything you can think of was amazing, starting from the opening bands. I spent a total of 12 hours waiting in line + concert + getting an autograph (from Mika and Mike!!!) and some pics! I am exhausted and will try to post some stuff tomorrow. It was so perfect...

Thank you so much Niki and marthastewart! :wub2:

2. BIG GIRL

Loads of big girls in colourful suits came on stage... maybe 7 of them?

They also had these giant inflatable diet cokes and slices of pizza they threw into the crowd. When I say giant, I mean Cath and I almost died suffocating under one as well as 10 other people, just imagine the size of these things LOL

There was no more inflatable big girl on stage, just inflatable legs.

Inflatable legs?? Oh man, I still haven't watched the video with the inflatable pizzas, it sounds hilarious though.

4. STIM

(songs may be in the wrong order, we're tired)

This little kid came on stage dressed up in a kinda astronau costume, on th eback of a clown, and started dancing on the piano.

It's hard to do it song by song actually cause we're so tired and don't remember anyhing in the right chronology...

Chinese dragons and acrobats, confettis, saxophones... everything was just terribly exciting

Holy crap. He went so fricking all out. It sounds fantastic. This gig was amazing. Can't wait for more pictures and videos, is it definately being made into a LiveICM2? It would mak a fantastic one, I can't wait.

Had a new version of OJ, more rock, i'd say, very nice, no banjo for the new guy...

Talking of the new guy he has a bigger part in the show than Luke had... he does backup singing with Sara and the new girl on some songs instead of keyboarding, he also made a little dance with Mika on I don't remember what song... He is very good looking (sorry for Luke's addicts)

Ohhhh, interesting! Really interested to see this!

I knew he wouldn't just replace Luke for no reason.

Grey Skelly is still there, but we had "snow" coming down on the whole crowd this time, not just on Mika.

The drum solo was slightly different.

We also had all these visuals on a background screen : a clock, a flying bird (on AOW) etc etc

Awesome awesome awesome.

so here some of my pics - teared away from my heart but otherwise completely gratuitous. i have 200 pics from tonight, but only ~40 clear ones, of which you get 24.

Thanks you!!! They are so brilliant! Thank you thank you!

Oh and I forgot the best part...

Mika: "You know this nightmare where you're NAKED in front of EVERYBODY? Well... I'm living it right now cause I...erm... broke my pants... I'll just go on I guess"

OMG :lmao: You have to explain, HOW did he break his pants exactly?? Oh that is my favourite quote of all time (okay, of this moment, but whatever)

Thank you everyone who posted links and uploads and everything!

I've downloaded/am downloading everything, but haven't listened/watched anything but the rain mp3 becaus it was the first thing I got and haven't been able bring myself to take it repeat :boxed:

I think the overall feeling is really classy. The verses are so delicate and the chorus/hook is awesome. Much like HMDLYM (taturuturu!), Mika really got it right, sound and everything. This is beautiful stuff. This really shows off him as a musician- there's no denying it.

The bridge has a lot of personality in it, sort of, in its rambling way- this song is just so full of everything good! Feeling it!!!

I agree soooo much! This is exactly what it is. The whole thing .. just ... classy, perfect, fantastic, genius. His voice is just amazing, and he uses so many flourishy type things. I just love it. Haha, I sound so stupid.

How hilarious must it have been to be up higher in the stadium getting to look down and see this huge pizza bouncing around the crowd. Must have slightly ruined the mood of the more serious songs, like Any Other World. I wouldn't be able to look down at this huge pizza attacking audience members and not laugh.

:lmao: I haven't even seen it yet and I'm laughing at the thought.

Musicfreak and Peej! I could kiss you! I am so bad at hearing lyrics, and it was killing me that all I could hear for the chorus was "bleh bleh bleh raaaiin" Now it makes sense!! Some things I would've changed, I guess this lyric discussion is taking place in the Rain thread *takes note to go there when she gets home again later*

lol one of the lollipop girls has the Gigantic lollipop that they gave Mika in that Australian interview!!

:roftl: Yeah it looks like they have the same kind of chuppa chupps, I'm sure they would make them in Europe too, but I don't think any of them are THE one he got in Australia, he opening it in the interview :naughty:

Lollipop was very.... Naughty...

That lollipop that he threw out to the audience... it was strangely shaped..

And the Big Girl with the animal head Ahem.

And at the end the Lollipop girl had a lollipop and she put it to Mika and he licked it

:roftl: Yes, yes it was. It was also SPECTACULAR! OMG! Total amazing circus with 4 million brilliant things going on. THat woulkd have been ... crazy to be at.

I think what he threw into the audience was more of an icey pole :P

Question: What are the "lollipop video" download links on the first page from? This news video or something else?

Crap, I had to leave 9 minutes ago - byeee!

*apologises for the numerous strange words that will probably be in this post tht wont mke the slightest sense - I've had no sleep, my brain doesn't work on no sleep*