2008 - REPORTS, PICS, VIDEOS of MIKA @ Parc des Princes, Paris

marthastewart

If you haven't finished your DL... I don't know. Not really a spoiler, but hey.

Wowwwww.

I think the overall feeling is really classy. The verses are so delicate and the chorus/hook is awesome. Much like HMDLYM (taturuturu!), Mika really got it right, sound and everything. This is beautiful stuff. This really shows off him as a musician- there's no denying it.

The bridge has a lot of personality in it, sort of, in its rambling way- this song is just so full of everything good! Feeling it!!!

I'm getting an Andre 3000 vibe in it a little, but I'm just a weirdo.

I agree...it's really beautiful. This clip has made me even more impatient for the new record and what is to come!

• Replies 952
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello from Paris!

The gig was amazing. We arrived at the venue at around 9:30AM. Loads of members of the French forum were already queuing. It was really messy at the beginning but after a lot of shouting, things went quite smoothly, people lined up and they made us walk through a very long succession of barriers... anyway, we roasted under the sun, literally speaking, it was extremely hot.

We heard Mika soundchecking for an hour or so. That was quite entertaining.

The security had given out yellow wristbands to the first 2000 people in line, to make sure we would all be front. Nothing like a perk, it's what they usually do.

Doors opened at 4:45PM or something. The scene was a bit weird, you had a very long ramp ending in a huge catwalk. Most of us ran there, which means we were quite away from the main scene, bu still front row... Just look at a plan of the venue to get a better idea ;)

Yelle was true to herself, Panic at the disco I found quite boring, and Dyonisos totally broke my head and ears cause it was far too loud.

Anyway... you only want news form Mika so here they are:

OPENING

The background of the set was a big clown... it was huge! The opening scene was a clown "falling" from the sky, followed by more clowns on stage, acrobats and the royal symphony band. It was just wonderful...

To be followed...

aww that's a shame. i like them a lot. but it sounds like you had a great time.

I'm watching the youtube video that Fmbm linked us too...

and a little before 2 minutes and a little after you can see the HUGE pizza being bounced around. :naughty:

How hilarious must it have been to be up higher in the stadium getting to look down and see this huge pizza bouncing around the crowd. :lmfao: Must have slightly ruined the mood of the more serious songs, like Any Other World. I wouldn't be able to look down at this huge pizza attacking audience members and not laugh. :naughty:

uhhh any hints on how to do this?:bleh:

Yep it's called wait for someone who knows how to do it to convert and upload it for us.

Patience pays off after gigs I guess. All the best youtubes etc won't be up for a few days or longer.:wink2:

I'm watching the youtube video that Fmbm linked us too...

and a little before 2 minutes and a little after you can see the HUGE pizza being bounced around. :naughty:

How hilarious must it have been to be up higher in the stadium getting to look down and see this huge pizza bouncing around the crowd. :lmfao: Must have slightly ruined the mood of the more serious songs, like Any Other World. I wouldn't be able to look down at this huge pizza attacking audience members and not laugh. :naughty:

:naughty: :naughty:

can you post those links again? I think I'm not finding the right ones...

lol giant Pizza attacks!

I don't plan on going to bed soon, and usually I wouldn't go for this all meticulously, but I may post a rough version of the lyrics.

Should we make a thread?

just listened to the Lollipop live, he sounds like he is GASPING for breath. poor dear. :wub2:

I just got home from fireworks and went through the thread. I have to leave for a trip tomorrow morning (I’m going to miss a lot, maybe I’ll find internet though…)

Thank you to all who supplied us with reports and videos. This has got to top everything he has ever done.

I just downloaded rain.

I am speechless. I really can't say anymore now.

Wait, yes, I can;

How can the world not be obsessed with this mans music? Culture, religion, where ever you are, i don't see how you cannot fall over yourself after hearing something like that. Even if you don't speak the language, by hearing it, you get it. Mika's music has more of an impact on me than anything i think i've ever heard and i dunno why, but it's amazing. I guess that's why i'm here:blush-anim-cl:

maybe i'll attmept...wsh me luck!

is it really necessary

every single day

you're makin' me more ordinary

in every pos'ble way

this ordinary mind is broken

you did it and you don't even know

you're leaving me with words unspoken

you better get back 'cause i'm ready for...

more than this!

whatever it is

babe i hate days like this

caught in a trap

i can't get by[back?]

babe i hate days like this...

rain chorus

2X

[when you're out on rain

you're out on rain

when you're out on rain

you're out on rain]

[more than this]?babe

i hate days like this

is it really necessary

every single day?

bleh bleh bleh ordinary [sorry:naughty:]

in every possible way

my sorta ordinary mind is broken

you did it and you don't even know

you're leavin me with words unspoken

you better get back 'cause i'm ready for

more than this

whateve it is

caught in a trap.

i can't look back

rain chorus...3X

caught in this

more than this babe

i hate days like...

remember just my interpretation:wink2:

I just got home from fireworks and went through the thread. I have to leave for a trip tomorrow morning (I’m going to miss a lot, maybe I’ll find internet though…)

Thank you to all who supplied us with reports and videos. This has got to top everything he has ever done.

I just downloaded rain.

I am speechless. I really can't say anymore now.

Wait, yes, I can;

How can the world not be obsessed with this mans music? Culture, religion, where ever you are, i don't see how you cannot fall over yourself after hearing something like that. Even if you don't speak the language, by hearing it, you get it. Mika's music has more of an impact on me than anything i think i've ever heard and i dunno why, but it's amazing. I guess that's why i'm here:blush-anim-cl:

he makes me feel such raw emotions when he sings..it brings me to tears. like, on any other world I will be crying, the love today I will be so happy, and then different emotions on every song.

you described Mika's effect on people very well...

I can understand that some people don't like his music, but to mark him as less than amazing is absolute idiocracy. And this is pretty much his first year, first album and already the world is falling to the hands of him. I haven't heard music like this in forever. Its truly spectacular that he has been able to break out of the music mold and create..this world. his dream. :blush-anim-cl: