2008 - REPORTS, PICS, VIDEOS of MIKA @ Parc des Princes, Paris

marthastewart

• Replies 952
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking at the YouTube vids that are up already, the enormity of this venue has struck me. And, I have to say, it seems Mika pulled it off. I thought the circus stuff was way OTT but now I see that it's necessary for a show in a stadium.

What d'you think?

Hey !!

The gig was really amazing, it felt like a dream when I think of it !

There are sooo many things to say,I'll post a complete review later but I have to say, I was blown away by this show!

I was placed a bit like Niki, in front of the catwalk, a bit more in the middle.

For those who wanted to know, there wasn't an afterparty in the end. But there might be one for the other gigs (??????)

EDIT : Btw, Martin said they'd play Rain, the new song for the other gigs in the summer

Wooooooow....I want to thank you all for the pics and the videos,you guys are just amazing!! :biggrin2:

This concert is something the most beautiful I've ever seen...the lighting,the acrobats,the stage,the outfits,everything...:wub2: I thought it would be great,but it could never occur to me that it would be THAT great!!

Congratulations Mika,you've done the great job!!!:thumb_yello:

Also,I adore the new song,"Rain"...it's so sad,it almost made me cry!I'm so happy it will be on the new album! :original:

Mika looked stunning that evening,I see he has put on weight and his outfit was gorgeous.:wub2:

I'm so dissapointed I couldn't come to the concert,I reckon it would be the best night of my entire life!!

Once more,CONGRATULATIONS MIKA !!!

Lots of love and kisses from Keti! :original:

Thank you for all the wonderful reports, pics and videos! I'm stunned by the show although I wasn't there. Totally stunned. Have been reading the forum and watching the videos for the last three hours. :blink: Mika is no good for me. I mean I'm tired and hungry. :shocked: It's an addiction! :stretcher: I must see him when he has smaller shows again as I'm not really interested in festivals. Looks like Mika manages well in stadium though. He's a real showman! WOW! :wub2:

The braces are back! It was about time! :naughty:

REPOOOORTS YAAAAAAAAAAAAAH Thank you Niki for calling me! I was really jumping up and down the couch and my mother was looking at me as if I was demented (Which I am, but those are details):roftl:

Awww I looove the new song and my eyes got all wet, I am an emotional wreck:mf_rosetinted:

I'm so happpyyyyy, happy that the happiness in the happy MFC has returned! And I'm happy that I am going to see Mika in 3 days, Oh the world is a happy place again:wub2:

*cough*

Alright for some, isn't it....happy when he tours the Orient, that's me.:mf_rosetinted:

No, actually I am enjoying all this from you guys, just feeling somehat overlooked, left out...again. My turn will come one day, and then I will be one of only about 5 MFCers. YAY.

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!

I've got a bit of a sick feeling in my stomach as there is sooooo much to take in!

Keep jumping from thread to thread and all over Youtube!

The new keyboard player doing backing singing!

The new backing singer!

The new versions of songs!

The new stage set & show!

The new characters! (I love the lime green big girl outfits! :wub2:)

The new clothes!

The new song!

Phew!!

This should keep people happy for a little while! :naughty:

It does seem to have been a triumph........yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!:punk:

Totally awesome. Really, I think it was such a brilliant stage design and I can't believe they pulled it off. He's performing in the clown's mouth, and the video screens are inside of the clown's ears... there are so many little components going on at the same time it must have taken so much to plan it and put it together.

I noticed also that as the evening gets darker and the lights on the clown's face change it starts to almost look like a chinese dragon costume instead of a clown at times... I wonder if that was his sister's influence in the design. You can see it more in this video http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=HR4E3N37sT4 and I think it has to do with the swirls that come out from the sides of the head... they become more prominent as the night got darker and the lights on the swirly parts became more noticable.

I can't begin to imagine how much work they put into this, and I'm soooooo relieved that it didn't turn into a Brit Awards part two. I think he was going for something this BIG in his mind at the Brits but just got so perfectionist that he ended up seeming stifled (plus he was really sick). When I saw his video on Mikasounds telling us what was coming for this concert I was a bit nervous that his perfectionism would result in the same thing this time around, but he was so calm, relaxed and happy through this whole concert. I think this was really his dream performance, the highlight of his career so far.... I'm sure he's SO thrilled with how it turned out. I'm really happy for him and proud of him!

Yes I agree completely!

When I first saw it I was like "Oh look! It's a clown!"

And I now I'm admiring it more and more, it's a fricking amazing design, and they put it all together just for this show? :shocked:

It's the performance of Lollipop. It aired on TV and this is a HQ rip.

Ohhh, thanks! *downloads*

I also found these pictures !

http://mickeyshowtimeforum.free.fr/GALERIE6/

IMG_0579.jpg

It looks like he's standing on the audience.

IMG_0630.jpg

Is blonde-new-keyboard-player-who's-name-I've-forgotten playing guitar here?

IMG_0651.jpg

Who/what??!

IMG_0694.jpg

Balloooons.

IMG_0702.jpg

Operated by?

Has this been posted here before ?

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=T-x77CA0xcs

s.o. just posted Just Can't Get Enough and GK in French on YouTube

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=a6hs8HBwazk

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=TDn8QJ4-6-c

My computer is being so demented, it won't open links when I click on them *saves links from MQs and opens seperately*

Hey !!

The gig was really amazing, it felt like a dream when I think of it !

There are sooo many things to say,I'll post a complete review later but I have to say, I was blown away by this show!

I was placed a bit like Niki, in front of the catwalk, a bit more in the middle.

For those who wanted to know, there wasn't an afterparty in the end. But there might be one for the other gigs (??????)

EDIT : Btw, Martin said they'd play Rain, the new song for the other gigs in the summer

Yayyyyy! Melmannnnn! :P

Quick, write write write!

*cough*

Alright for some, isn't it....happy when he tours the Orient, that's me.

No, actually I am enjoying all this from you guys, just feeling somehat overlooked, left out...again. My turn will come one day, and then I will be one of only about 5 MFCers. YAY.

*cough* look at the end of the rainbow coloured link in my signature.

Random question: Did they actually do the dance in the "rehearsals" video from Mikasounds?

Thanks for the reports, the pictures and the vids guys :wub2:

And thanks for the vid and MP3 of Rain! I must admit I didn't really like it when it started, but when it got to the bridge then chorus, I was like wow :wub2: It's definitely going on my iPod! Now I can't wait for the new album even more :tears:

Now I shall wait patiently for some other reports... and pics and vids.

There was no after party ... he had told a FRench girl he would try to organize sthg but it didn't happen. "Too complicated", he told us later.

He came out to sign a few things tho, so did the band.

But I think they were quite ina hurry to go to Arras.

There was no after party ... he had told a FRench girl he would try to organize sthg but it didn't happen. "Too complicated", he told us later.

He came out to sign a few things tho, so did the band.

But I think they were quite ina hurry to go to Arras.

Thank God for that

Seriously,no mean intentions but it would have turned out insane

So ya met Sunshine then? Already meltin for his fringe?

Thank God for that

Seriously,no mean intentions but it would have turned out insane

So ya met Sunshine then? Already meltin for his fringe?

I haven't met him as such but he kindly agreed to pose with Sariflor when I was taking a pic of them together... Sariflor wearing the "We love Lukie" shirt of coure. Just beause the poor lad didn't see that and really looked stupid, I do think he deserves our sympathy and we should give him a chance :naughty:

I haven't met him as such but he kindly agreed to pose with Sariflor when I was taking a pic of them together... Sariflor wearing the "We love Lukie" shirt of coure. Just beause the poor lad didn't see that and really looked stupid, I do think he deserves our sympathy and we should give him a chance :naughty:

I badly wanna see that picture :naughty:

:roftl::roftl::roftl:

That shot will make it in the hall of fame

Come here Sunshine,let's love Lukie together :roftl:

Well,he got his chance and as far as i'm concerned he doesn't add anything extra to what Luke did...besides the dodgy singing and the blonde hair. Oh and also imo the way he came out as if he was a big star 2 see his adoring fans. Pfft. Luke was always humble and down to earth,which Dave isn't. But i guess if you're buddies with the musical director and bassist it doesn't matter much. Anyway i will report properly from a pc,but the show was great. I wouldn't want it to be like that all the time though,but it's nice for once.

oh so he's like THAT....

Wonderful,I'll be sure to hug him for that

Pff,I knew I wasn't impressed with Sunshine,and if you say he came out to see the groupies like that,he's starting from a -5

Lmao, I wanna see that :roftl:

:shocked:

:lmfao::lmfao:

i thought i was a cruel person but u just take the biscuit :mfr_omg: i wish i had been there :roll1:

Oh Sara, he didn't look like a diva at all!

He looked shy and terrified to death when the first fans jumped on him!

He really looks sweet.

Well,imo an Rose's he looked like he was loving the limelight...

That's hilarious!!!! :naughty: