"Rain," Everybody!

I'm not crying. :bleh: Songs never really have that effect on me unless if I'm sad, or I'm sure they would if I heard them in person and get caught up in the moment.

I really like this song, it's beautiful. :wub2:

Oh, I'm not crying because I'm sad. I got tearful because the melody is just so lovely and Mika sounds so dagnabbed amazing on it.

• Replies 733
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What do you think is better? And you can't say they're both amazing because that's obvious! :naughty: The lyrics or the vocals/arrangement?

There's a wide range of other things, but between these two. It's hard to say, but I'm going with the arrangement because I love the raiaiiain thing and the way the hook is done - "More than this..."

then we both suffer from it , its just so moving ! I need the studio version sooooo bad

lol next concert he does it at everybody will know the lyrics and tune by heart...

wow..I mean he unveils in in front of 55,000 people..he must have been nervous and scared of the reaction yet it was soo beautiful.

What do you think is better? And you can't say they're both amazing because that's obvious! :naughty: The lyrics or the vocals/arrangement?

There's a wide range of other things, but between these two. It's hard to say, but I'm going with the arrangement because I love the raiaiiain thing and the way the hook is done - "More than this..."

right now I am going to have to say vocals and arrangement because I am absolutly transfixed with the piano right now...*sigh* and because until we get more information of what he wrote it for/about I can only begin to make assumptions...and it sounds so private..its like a peek into Mika's soul.

and it just..drives forward...I dunno I have listened to it tons now and I am still finding new stuff and not bored...like there is not a slow part in the song, it is constantly changing.

phew. went on a bit of a rant there :naughty:

I'm not crying. :bleh: Songs never really have that effect on me unless if I'm sad, or I'm sure they would if I heard them in person and get caught up in the moment.

I really like this song, it's beautiful. :wub2:

I get what you're saying!

Then again, I cried after seeing Brokeback Mountain for the 19millionth time last night, so it's all good.

It has to be the vocals for me.

Not feeling this song at all.

really? what don't you like about it?

I'm curious about your input..

though the first time I heard it/saw it it was a bad recording and it sounded like a cat screetching in heat, but I love the mp3. :naughty:

If he decided to perform it in front of this many people, he knows we're dying for something good at this place, AND he definitely decided to put it on the record already... I think he definitely knows it's the ****! Before performing it.

Just keep listening to it :naughty:

That's what I thought about HMDYLM, but now I'm obsessed with that.

The more I listen to "Rain," the better it seems to get, but maybe that's just me.

The more I listen to "Rain," the better it seems to get, but maybe that's just me.

same here, my sister just came in and asked what all the yowling was about :blink:

For now, lyrics. :naughty: But I do like the arrangement as well.

First listen, I didn't like it. Now it's grown on me.

really? what don't you like about it?

Everything. If I could take all the little things I dislike about various Mika songs and roll into a big ball - it would come out in this song.

I've listened to it about 8 times now and I'm pretty sure I'm never going to like it. In fact the next time we hear it he'll probably be playing at his little keyboard instead of a piano and it will lose its one redeeming feature.

Everything. If I could take all the little things I dislike about various Mika songs and roll into a big ball - it would come out in this song.

I've listened to it about 8 times now and I'm pretty sure I'm never going to like it. In fact the next time we hear it he'll probably be playing at his little keyboard instead of a piano and it will lose its one redeeming feature.

that first part made me laugh :naughty: :naughty:

Maybe you'll like the studio version *shrug*