"Rain," Everybody!

Everything. If I could take all the little things I dislike about various Mika songs and roll into a big ball - it would come out in this song.

If I did that, the song would be Erase. Ah well... he can't win 'em all...

• Replies 733
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, I'm hoping Greg Wells will save it.

:roftl:

I knew this wouldn't do it for you Christine. WWGWD should be our new catchcry. :mf_rosetinted:

I question some of the lyrics

You make me more ordinary

In every possible way

I hear and but then I can't decipher the rest.

and I hear something different in the rain part, not let it rain, and not rains and rains, but more like rain and rain...

And in the end, I am sorry to lose HMDYLM to this song. But at least he is trying it out BEFORE he releases the new album...he may yet go back and change a bit....a lot...:naughty:

*what will Greg Wells do*

The lyric seem lovely... Nice to see two completely separate views. I just hope and pray my sister can work iTunes since Patientline is crap and won't let me listen to it :sneaky2:

The chorus is my favorite part.... gah, his voice is so lovely on that bit.

The chorus is the bit stuck in my head atm. But I don't like songs that go on and on I'm sure I'll like it later :wink2:

Everything. If I could take all the little things I dislike about various Mika songs and roll into a big ball - it would come out in this song.

I've listened to it about 8 times now and I'm pretty sure I'm never going to like it. In fact the next time we hear it he'll probably be playing at his little keyboard instead of a piano and it will lose its one redeeming feature.

another rain hater here :mf_rosetinted:

ok ive only listened to it once though , it might grow on me like over my shoulder did but it just didnt have the same affect as the first time i heard hmdylm :mf_lustslow:

I'm going to say this right now... I know a lot of people like this song, so don't start telling me how much I'm going to love it after I listen to it half a dozen times...

The chorus is my favorite part.... gah, his voice is so lovely on that bit.

My favourite part is the end... cause it's finishing and I don't have to listen to it anymore...

I have a feeling this second album will be just as good, if not better than LICM..which is absolutly insane.

I honestly haven't heard any song that would make it a stand out album... except maybeHoly Johnny... HMDYLM I don't mind... I tolerate it really... I just hope Gave It All Away isn't on there, I hate it with a passion... even more than Over My Shoulder...

Not feeling this song at all.

I'm not either...

really? what don't you like about it?

I'm curious about your input..

though the first time I heard it/saw it it was a bad recording and it sounded like a cat screetching in heat, but I love the mp3. :naughty:

*gigglesnort*

It does sound like a cat screeching on heat... esp the chorus...

same here, my sister just came in and asked what all the yowling was about

:lmfao:

OG... *wipes tears from eyes*

First listen, I didn't like it. Now it's grown on me.

Don't think that'll happen with me...

I've listened to it about 8 times now and I'm pretty sure I'm never going to like it. In fact the next time we hear it he'll probably be playing at his little keyboard instead of a piano and it will lose its one redeeming feature.

*huggles Christine*

I totally agree...

okay, so I've finally listened to it and I quite like it.

Especially the verses, they have that kind of sad, melancholy and haunting feel to it which is both beautiful and captivating, in my opinion.

Was iffy on the chorus, but only cos of high voice mixed with echoy microphone and quality of camera sound (no offence to the person who recorded it, am extremely grateful that I can hear the new song!!!!), although I do think it needs some finishing touches.

I think it can work well with other instruments AND as an acoustic piece......when recorded onto CD. It probably sounds better live rather than recorded on a camera/phone. I think that brings down the quality a bit, but kudos for recording it in the first place.

I think the song has potential to be a masterpiece.

tis myyy interpretatiioooon...

oh thanx for posting my version of the lyrics...:thumb_yello:

please people don't attack me if you disagree! just what i thought:wink2:

I think you have them pretty much spot on, from what I remember. It's an incredibly beautiful song, I was totally tranfixed when he sang it. Love it.

I

I honestly haven't heard any song that would make it a stand out album... except maybeHoly Johnny... HMDYLM I don't mind... I tolerate it really... I just hope Gave It All Away isn't on there, I hate it with a passion... even more than Over My Shoulder...

gave it all away? geh? isn't that what boyzone wanted to record but mika said it was too cheesy? how come you've heard it? or are you thinking of the wrong title?

aawwww Kata! :tears:

Well I kinda think the same of Over my shoulder and I still quite enjoy that :naughty: Sorry, it's just really cheesy and repetitive...as I said before, really eurovision :yay:

I've listened a couple of times, and I'm still in two minds. The first listen was a poor recording, but the second listen was better quality. This certainly didn't have the same effect as HMDYLM had when I first heard it - you know the goosebumps (aka ants tits - thanks for that one Caz!!) etc.

I't on my Ipod now, so maybe a few more listens and it will grow on me....?

Well I kinda think the same of Over my shoulder and I still quite enjoy that :naughty: Sorry, it's just really cheesy and repetitive...as I said before, really eurovision :yay:

well. shame on you, missy. mika could have been going through a tough break up in either of those songs. what if mika's heart was completely broken when he wrote them? what if he was crying when he woke up and then cried himself to sleep? did you think about THAT? huh? HUH?!

SELFISH! That's what it is! You just think Mika is a music machine who just pumps out tunes and thats it. Did you even THINK about his feelings? what if he was going through all that, and you just LAUGH and say it's CHEESY?!

I hope you get hit on the head with a pineapple :mf_rosetinted:

you mean, MEAN girl! :tears:

*runs away crying*

haha :bleh:

gave it all away? geh? isn't that what boyzone wanted to record but mika said it was too cheesy? how come you've heard it? or are you thinking of the wrong title?

Ahem...

*coughitookitoffadiscsomeoneelsehad*

I originally thought it was called She... it's Gave It All Away alright... *shudders cause it's playing*

I personally, love the new song. And not just because I love Mika, 'Rain' is so emotional, I am listening to it over and over again and every time different feelings pass my heart. This version probably is going to evolve and I think we will get something even more beautiful for the new album. :wub2:

A bit off topic, but it's a pity he didn't sing HMDYLM.

well. shame on you, missy. mika could have been going through a tough break up in either of those songs. what if mika's heart was completely broken when he wrote them? what if he was crying when he woke up and then cried himself to sleep? did you think about THAT? huh? HUH?!

SELFISH! That's what it is! You just think Mika is a music machine who just pumps out tunes and thats it. Did you even THINK about his feelings? what if he was going through all that, and you just LAUGH and say it's CHEESY?!

I hope you get hit on the head with a pineapple :mf_rosetinted:

you mean, MEAN girl! :tears:

*runs away crying*

haha :bleh:

You know what, 1½ year ago, I cared so much about Mika's feelings that I didn't make alternative lyrics for Over My Shoulder, even though it was screaming for it :doh: I actually remember writing a post about the forked out daylight and tortured knife, but deleted it again because I actually thought exactly what you say as a joke now - that Mika might have put his heart into this song and it would be incredibly rude of me to make fun of it. How things have changed since then huh :boxed:

I have to say .....

The verses are very catchy , i love it .... Untill it gets upto the chorus ... then i quite honestly cringe :( i feel the chorus cancels out the rest of the song ... for me anyway the chorus is too repetitive and whaling ... i hope the recorded version sounds a little different .... :boxed:

You know what, 1½ year ago, I cared so much about Mika's feelings that I didn't make alternative lyrics for Over My Shoulder, even though it was screaming for it :doh: I actually remember writing a post about the forked out daylight and tortured knife, but deleted it again because I actually thought exactly what you say as a joke now - that Mika might have put his heart into this song and it would be incredibly rude of me to make fun of it. How things have changed since then huh :boxed:

Go for it... that song is screaming for new lyrics...

Just like Erase was screaming for new lyrics...

I have to say .....

The verses are very catchy , i love it .... Untill it gets upto the chorus ... then i quite honestly cringe :( i feel the chorus cancels out the rest of the song ... for me anyway the chorus is too repetitive and whaling ... i hope the recorded version sounds a little different .... :boxed:

I think it's the chorus that I find a bit hard to like at the moment. Too high and 'whiney'....as you say, maybe the studio recording will be better, or it could end up being over-produced and sound worse:blink:

I haven't given up hope that it will grow on me just yet...