"Rain," Everybody!

I dont want to judge him and maybe "you had to be there" , but it doesnt sound a patch on how much do you love me

The worry for me is the 2nd album needs to be something really good , and LICM was a tough tough thing to beat

Let it rainnn , I could be brownnnn , I could be blueeee rainnn , I could be snow , I could be iceeeee

Maybe has a better ring to it:naughty:

To me it doesnt sound a thing like HMDYLM either:blink:

But perhaps it's the falsetto and the sadness of the song..

Yeah, agree.

and: :lmao::lmao:

Btw, this was only an acoustic version, apparently, so God knows what the normal version sounds like.

• Replies 733
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont want to judge him and maybe "you had to be there" , but it doesnt sound a patch on how much do you love me

The worry for me is the 2nd album needs to be something really good , and LICM was a tough tough thing to beat

Let it rainnn , I could be brownnnn , I could be blueeee rainnn , I could be snow , I could be iceeeee

Maybe has a better ring to it:naughty:

rain, brown and blue rain? brilliant:thumb_yello: You should suggest this to Mika.

and yes, it will definitely take a lot to top LICM, and i'm sure he's aware!

Oh my goodness...I LOVE this song!!!

His voice...the piano...*goosebumps*

Oh my this is great. And even though I haven't read through the whole thread, I know that it's not everyone's favouirte song. That's is very easy to understand- everyone has their own tastes and can't like everything this man puts out.

But this song, to me it's sort of like Happy Ending- because it gives me goosbumps and...the tears. I mean, I haven't cried listening to this song but not saying that I won't hehe

Can't wait to see what the album version sounds like. This has just made me THAT much more giddy about the new album :biggrin2:

I don't get why Rain is even being compared to HMDYLM.

Me neither. Perhaps they think that because of the falsetto and sadness?:blink:I don't know.

This version was only an acoustic version, apparently, so God knows what the ''normal'' version may sound like..

Me neither. Perhaps they think that because of the falsetto and sadness?:blink:I don't know.

This version was only an acoustic version, apparently, so God knows what the ''normal'' version may sound like..

I just think .. you know , the Grace Kelly beat but with rain would sound better ..

Example.. I wanna talk to you .. and its raining , the sky could be brown , it could be blue ..

You know , its got more of a ring to it :punk:

I just think .. you know , the Grace Kelly beat but with rain would sound better ..

Example.. I wanna talk to you .. and its raining , the sky could be brown , it could be blue ..

You know , its got more of a ring to it :punk:

Your attempt at being serious is very very poor .... :thumbdown:

Especially with that avvie ... :lmfao::roftl:

:huglove:

I guess. I see those two songs as nothing alike. Also shouldn't we judge his new work based on itself alone, rather than comparing it to older tracks? (And before anyone mentions it, I realize HMDYLM isn't all that old in terms of all of his music, but it's certainly older than Rain) I mean, of course every new song is going to look like a piece of trash whenever it's compared to LiCM tracks. I just hope this doesn't become a habit, I guess.

not even a bad ass electric guitar could save the song from those lyrics :roftl:

I guess. I see those two songs as nothing alike. Also shouldn't we judge his new work based on itself alone, rather than comparing it to older tracks? (And before anyone mentions it, I realize HMDYLM isn't all that old in terms of all of his music, but it's certainly older than Rain) I mean, of course every new song is going to look like a piece of trash whenever it's compared to LiCM tracks. I just hope this doesn't become a habit, I guess.

We can be critical though my dear :thumb_yello:

Everyone is entitled to say you know I dont like it

I love Grace Kelly though:punk:

AWWWWWW

I cant even play these days :boxed:

Well .. Im not to keen on it , first impression and all

:wub2:

No , me niether , i said that earlier too :)

You just make me laugh , with that avvie :roftl::roftl: ... i take you seriously till i look at your avatar :roftl::wub2:

That's it?

Don't know...that's what I would use to compare them if I had to find something...but HMDYLM has much better lyrics and a much better tune, so it doesn't annoy me that the chorus is repetitive :blink:

We can be critical though my dear :thumb_yello:

Everyone is entitled to say you know I dont like it

I love Grace Kelly though:punk:

I'm not saying I mind people being critical. I'm saying it seems useless to compare his new songs to old ones because it's a no brainer that the majority of people here are going to think the new ones aren't as good as LiCM.

I guess what I am trying to get across is that we should critique the songs based on the songs themselves.

Don't know...that's what I would use to compare them if I had to find something...but HMDYLM has much better lyrics and a much better tune, so it doesn't annoy me that the chorus is repetitive :blink:

I guess that makes sense....but like I have already said...it just seems like going in circles to compare his new work to old work. :boxed:

I'm not saying I mind people being critical. I'm saying it seems useless to compare his new songs to old ones because it's a no brainer that the majority of people here are going to think the new ones aren't as good as LiCM.

I guess what I am trying to get across is that we should critique the songs based on the songs themselves.

Ohhhh so its not like Lollipop then :boxed::thumbdown:

Shame

Ok critical of that song , it doesnt work for me

It needs more of a rock beat

Well here is my opinion if anyone cares :naughty:

I think it's a bit on the schmaltzy side, but saved by the slightly offbeat melody and chord changes. It has potential, but frankly Mika sounded very off key to me in the chorus, in this performance :blink:.

Not blown away by the lyrics...but then I don't necessarily see lyrics as Mika's strong point at this stage in his career.

Sounds nothing like HMDYLM.

I prefer some of the Unmentionable Demos to this, to be honest , BUT as I said, there is an unusual (if repetitive) hook in there which may well be a 'grower'.

:thumb_yello:

Nice to hear something new though I have to say.

Well, I've listened to it again.

I love the verses. I love the melody of it, that's all hunky dory, but the problem that lies with me is a problem that lies with many - the chorus.

I don't think it would sound right shortened, so I don't think it's the length of it that's hugely the problem (maybe it should be more spaced out? let it rain, let it rain.....instrumental....let it rain...) and Christine pointed out another factor. I think Mika's should have sung it more softly for the song to become (more) of a success.

In order to put more sad, emotion across, I think the soft falsetto would have done it, likewise in "over my shoulder". I understand that it can be hard hitting high notes and so often you need to use as much stomach muscle as you can to belt them out, especially when sitting down, which is why I'd quite like to hear a studio version, so he can stand up, mess with the song a few times to see what works best, maybe add more arrangements, maybe just keep the piano yadda yadda yadda...