"Rain," Everybody!

and I hear something different in the rain part, not let it rain, and not rains and rains, but more like rain and rain...

I think he says wetty wetty rain, would fit the rest of the lyrics beautifully :wub2:

• Replies 733
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to say .....

The verses are very catchy , i love it .... Untill it gets upto the chorus ... then i quite honestly cringe :( i feel the chorus cancels out the rest of the song ... for me anyway the chorus is too repetitive and whaling ... i hope the recorded version sounds a little different .... :boxed:

You know what? I totally agree... it was sort of okay until it got to the chorus... then I had a weird look on my face... like this:

214119777_17f129158c.jpg?v=0

I really hope it's not on the album...

I think it's the chorus that I find a bit hard to like at the moment. Too high and 'whiney'....as you say, maybe the studio recording will be better, or it could end up being over-produced and sound worse:blink:

I haven't given up hope that it will grow on me just yet...

Yeah definately , personally i find the rest of the song hard to enjoy (ive just listened again) because i dread the build up to the chorus ... :blink: ive never felt that way about many of mikas songs before , the only other one that made me cringe after hearing it so many times was lollipop :naughty:

I think you may be right about the over production of the recorded version ... i agree , let hope not :blink::naughty:

You know what? I totally agree... it was sort of okay until it got to the chorus... then I had a weird look on my face... like this:

214119777_17f129158c.jpg?v=0

I really hope it's not on the album...

LOL ... i was actually (for once) speechless ... yes my face was very similar too :naughty:and somewhat :shocked: also :naughty: .... like i say just too repetitive for me and i just dont think the whaling did the song much justice :( ...im really surprised actually :blink: ... i also wouldnt miss it being on the album either ... sadly :wink2:

in fine form today kata:wink2:

just in a weird mood I think :bleh: But I kinda promised not to rainy-rainy-rain too much on the parade, so I'll better shut up now :fisch:

LOL ... i was actually (for once) speechless ... yes my face was very similar too :naughty:and somewhat :shocked: also :naughty: .... like i say just too repetitive for me and i just dont think the whaling did the song much justice :( ...im really surprised actually :blink: ... i also wouldnt miss it being on the album either ... sadly :wink2:

Same... I couldn't find a pic that was exactly like my face...

Wait... I did! It was like Shrek's face... though not green... or ugly (in my opinion anyways!)

shrek_donkey.jpg

I honestly expected more from Mika... a better song... cause he can do beautiful slower songs...

Same... I couldn't find a pic that was exactly like my face...

Wait... I did! It was like Shrek's face... though not green... or ugly (in my opinion anyways!)

shrek_donkey.jpg

I honestly expected more from Mika... a better song... cause he can do beautiful slower songs...

:lmao: loving the visuals ... but i dont quite think there is one to fit my expressions :naughty:

Im quite honestly never so critical over his songs , i also agree hes capable of much better ... I loved LICM untill i wore the damm disk out and got annoyed by lollipop :naughty:

But i almost felt embarrassed for him when it came to the chorus in rain? :( ... i feel terrible for saying that :naughty: im sure people will differ, but thats just my interpretation because like u say i agree hes capable of much more and found i quite dissapointing personally :thumb_yello:

is that a new song from Mika ? where can I hear him ? I love his new videos he is soooooo efffing cutee !

How do we get to hear the new song *jumps up and down* Can we get it on YouTube?

Edit: I've seen it on YouTube now!! It's a beautiful song which makes the most of Mika's vocal range! Well done Mika!!!

:lmao: loving the visuals ... but i dont quite think there is one to fit my expressions :naughty:

Im quite honestly never so critical over his songs , i also agree hes capable of much better ... I loved LICM untill i wore the damm disk out and got annoyed by lollipop :naughty:

But i almost felt embarrassed for him when it came to the chorus in rain? :( ... i feel terrible for saying that :naughty: im sure people will differ, but thats just my interpretation because like u say i agree hes capable of much more and found i quite dissapointing personally :thumb_yello:

Gotta keep you amsued :naughty:... my face was seriously like that...

I never was like that till i heard Gave It All Away... I really think it's crap...

And I shouldn't say anything about wearing out hte disc... I have worn out the original disc and almost done the burnt copy for my car... good thing I have the Chinese version of it!

I was very disappointed with it... And I wouldn't feel terrible about saying it if I were you... everyone's entitled to their opinion... as long as we're not attacked for not liking it...

Gotta keep you amsued :naughty:... my face was seriously like that...

I never was like that till i heard Gave It All Away... I really think it's crap...

And I shouldn't say anything about wearing out hte disc... I have worn out the original disc and almost done the burnt copy for my car... good thing I have the Chinese version of it!

I was very disappointed with it... And I wouldn't feel terrible about saying it if I were you... everyone's entitled to their opinion... as long as we're not attacked for not liking it...

I found my visual .....

11666495801163490053696aw2.th.jpg

:roftl: ...

And yes your right we are entitled to our opinions :thumb_yello:

:lmfao:

Love it! Gotta love LOLcats!

This one made me laugh... I was a bit like this too...

people-baby-surprised-face%5B1%5D-thumb.jpg

Yeah , i definatley think it was all visuals roled into one ... for us anyway :roftl:

well , at least the song made somesort of impact huh ? :roftl::wink2:

Poor meeks :naughty:

Yeah , i definatley think it was all visuals roled into one ... for us anyway :roftl:

well , at least the song made somesort of impact huh ? :roftl::wink2:

Poor meeks :naughty:

I think so... I don't know if I want to think what it would look like mixed all together :blink:... you're right, least it made some sort of impact...

He's a big boy, he'll get over people dissing his song... either that or he might come after us :naughty:...

Actually, if that gets him to Oz, I want to keep bitching!

I think he says wetty wetty rain, would fit the rest of the lyrics beautifully :wub2:

Now I have seen the video, you can see he says

"Will it rain and rain...." ad nauseum which does sound very much like wetty rain.:roftl:

The song has grown on me somewhat, and I think he can redo it so his pitch is spot-on in the studio, which would make it better for me...:mf_rosetinted:

Now I have seen the video, you can see he says

"Will it rain and rain...." ad nauseum which does sound very much like wetty rain.:roftl:

The song has grown on me somewhat, and I think he can redo it so his pitch is spot-on in the studio, which would make it better for me...:mf_rosetinted:

Okay, maybe I should watch the video then :bleh: to me it sounds like he says with your wedding ring :roftl: or when you're ready, ring :blink: But I guess it does make more sense if it really is something with rain :naughty:

Okay, maybe I should watch the video then :bleh: to me it sounds like he says with your wedding ring :roftl: or when you're ready, ring :blink: But I guess it does make more sense if it really is something with rain :naughty:

Kata, maybe you hear it because you want to hear it:roftl: *Points at your sig*

This is my interpretation...

Nooocat.jpg

LICM is the only album I have absolutely loved from beginning to end - even from the very first play :wub2: So I guess it was always gonna be hard to follow that up, but if Rain is a sign of things to come then I feel more than just a little bit disappointed :(

Like others who have shared their opinions on this thread I find the chorus too repetitive (and quite frankly a bit lazy) - it just goes right through me. Also am I the only one who keeps thinking of Elvis' 'Suspicious Minds' when MIKA sings " ...caught in a trap, can't look back"?? Aaarghhhh get out of my head with your hip-shaking ways :bash:

No doubt it will sound better once it had been 'tampered' with in the studio, I'm just keeping everything crossed that the new album lives up to my *impossible* expectations, sigh... :mf_rosetinted:

(Blimey, don't think I've ever used the rose-tinted smiley before!)

Nooocat.jpg

LICM is the only album I have absolutely loved from beginning to end - even from the very first play :wub2: So I guess it was always gonna be hard to follow that up, but if Rain is a sign of things to come then I feel more than just a little bit disappointed :(

Like others who have shared their opinions on this thread I find the chorus too repetitive (and quite frankly a bit lazy) - it just goes right through me. Also am I the only one who keeps thinking of Elvis' 'Suspicious Minds' when MIKA sings " ...caught in a trap, can't look back"?? Aaarghhhh get out of my head with your hip-shaking ways :bash:

No doubt it will sound better once it had been 'tampered' with in the studio, I'm just keeping everything crossed that the new album lives up to my *impossible* expectations, sigh... :mf_rosetinted:

I love Elvis:mf_rosetinted:

Nooocat.jpg

I agree with everything you said ....

I also believe your LOLcat is a much better interpretation than mine :roftl::wink2: