REPORTS, PICS, VIDEOS OF MIKA @ Main Square Festival - Arras

Niki27

Hello! I've been lurking here for a while. Thanks a lot for the reports, videos and pictures. He seems to be more in command of the stage than ever.

You know, here in Argentina there was a contest in MuchMusic. It's called "El concierto de tus sueños". The winner gets to go to the concert in Madrid, but the best part is that he/she will have access to the meet and greet and an interview.They are going to make a special show, and I would love to record it and put it on the forum, but I don't know how to do that:thumbdown:

Hi! Yeah, I knew about the contest, someone from the Arggie told us in the Spanish when it came out. Is it closed already? Have any idea of who won? It would be awesome if a MFCer had won. I hope you can finally tape and post it, I'm sure it's going to be something else.

I really love your siggy, BTW. I've got that same pic hanging on my wall!

• Replies 499
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The setlist was pretty the same, except for the fact he didn't do My Interpretation, and the new cover which was brilliant, definitely one of the best.

He didn't do 'just can't get enough'????

Thanks for the brilliant report Mirtilla!! :huglove:

Had a text from Kath - she and Abby were on the front row with

Babs (and Jemma I think). Her text said

"Arras was incredible.

Managed to wangle front row thanks to Bab. The change in Mika

was clearly visible. He was so relaxed and clearly in his element.

His dad was just by us and it was an absolute delight to see the pure

pride and joy on his face. 20,000 there but Mika clearly saw us thanks to

the Union Jack. Sang a bit of Big Girls straight at us and waved

specially at us at the end. Well pleased we were!!"

Kath had been at the Paris show as well, but was much more impressed

by this gig!!

hi wendi,thanx for sharing

awwww:tears:

mika recognized them:wub2:

Really? What's so special about Madrid?:naughty:

You should come!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Pretty please!!!!!!!!!!!! Go on!!!:punk:

Ooooooohhhhhh I sooooo wish I could Sara!!! I would love to, really. I've just completely blown my budget for the year though and can't do it.

What's so special about Madrid? Just that it's in Spain! LOL... and what's so special about Spain? I'm not sure, but I've just always been drawn to it. I think it started when I was about 15 and I was obsessed with Picasso. My big dream as a teenager was to go to the Picasso museum in Barcelona - which I finally did a few years ago. I'm not as well travelled as many of the people on this board... I've only been there once, about four years ago. I did one of those two week tours of Spain, France & Italy and it was the first and only time I've been to Europe. I was in Madrid for about 2-3 days, and Barcelona for about 2 days. Madrid was similar to any other big city (but so easy to get around, and everyone was so friendly!), but I was just so thrilled to be there - it was where our trip started and it was also on my birthday so it was sort of special to me.

Aaaaaaanyway... I should stop getting off track in a gig report thread before I get in trouble! (But the first part of this post was sort of gig-related!)

Zoots, I've got a spare ticket, not that I'm trying to tempt anybody... :fisch:

OMG you're killing me!! (but thanks! :naughty:)

Pamette :wub2:! Hope you had a good journey back, it was great to spend the day (and night :naughty:) with you!

Absolutely amazing show, Pamette and I actually managed before the Kooks to be next to Avoca, Allegra and Mirti (Mirti, it was great to see you :thumb_yello:).

Mika was so relaxed, after the stress of the PDP you could feel he had no pressure this time. I think he expected to come and do his show easy peasy, but the crowd was so WILD, it was MI-KA MI-KA like mad, he really felt the crowd loved him and was really looking for him.

So he spent all his energy on the show, after two songs he was already sweating like mad. He was running, jumping, dancing, must have lost 5000 calories within the hour :bleh:. I bet he had not planned to do his Relax encore (cause it lasted a little long before he came back) but he had such a crazy assistance he felt he couldn't leave like this and had to give an extra pressie.

Thanks to Fanny we found out where he was gonna be after (in a school). There was a choice between two schools so we hoped he'd be on that one. I hadn't seen Kath, Babs and Jemma all day so I was hoping to see them but unfortunately, I did not have anyone's phone number so I could not reach them to tell them where to join us :thumbdown:. I'm so sorry guys I did not see you to tell you goodbye and that I did not have your phone numbers...

So the guys came out, usual signing pictures etc but the girls did not show up. Mika came later, did the usual signing, and the guy he talked to right before me was the guy who got the jacket at the PDP (he's from Mikawebsite).

Everyone was : Mika look he's the one who got your jacket yesterday!

Mika (all buggered): Ah it's you ? We were wondering who got it ! (and if I remember well : my mum killed me because I threw it in the crowd)

Then Mika went on: do you know it's a very expensive one, that it's made by a very famous designer (Williamson) etc etc

I think if he could he would have asked it back actually (must cost a fortune), you could see he was all :boxed: and hesitating, his mum must have really killed him...

And then he shrugged and gave in and said : well good luck with it, and signed the inside.

Avoca, Allegra, etc: it was great to see you / spend time with you at the PDP and/or Arras!

Hi! Yeah, I knew about the contest, someone from the Arggie told us in the Spanish when it came out. Is it closed already? Have any idea of who won? It would be awesome if a MFCer had won. I hope you can finally tape and post it, I'm sure it's going to be something else.

I really love your siggy, BTW. I've got that same pic hanging on my wall!

I think the contest is closed by now, but I have no idea who won.I don't think it's an mfc'er, unfortunately. It will be your mission in Madrid to find him/her and convert him/her:mf_rosetinted:

And thank you for the comment of my siggie, I love it too! I also have it as my desktop.

I think if he could he would have asked it back actually (must cost a fortune)' date=' you could see he was all :boxed:, his mum must have really killed him...

And then he shrugged and gave in and said : well good luck with it, and signed the inside.[/quote']

It's really nice to know that despite all of his success he is still afraid to make his mommy angry:roftl::roftl:

Pamette :! Hope you had a good journey back' date=' it was great to spend the day (and night :) with you!

Absolutely amazing show, Pamette and I actually managed before the Kooks to be next to Avoca, Allegra and Mirti (Mirti, it was great to see you ).

Mika was so relaxed, after the stress of the PDP you could feel he had no pressure this time. I think he expected to come and do his show easy peasy, but the crowd was so WILD, it was MI-KA MI-KA like mad, he really felt the crowd loved him and was really looking for him.

So he spent all his energy on the show, after two songs he was already sweating like mad. He was running, jumping, dancing, must have lost 5000 calories within the hour :bleh:. I bet he had not planned to do his Relax encore (cause it lasted a little long before he came back) but he had such a crazy assistance he felt he couldn't leave like this and had to give an extra pressie.

Thanks to Fanny we found out where he was gonna be after (in a school). There was a choice between two schools so we hoped he'd be on that one. I hadn't seen Kath, Babs and Jemma all day so I was hoping to see them but unfortunately, I did not have anyone's phone number so I could not reach them to tell them where to join us :thumbdown:. I'm so sorry guys I did not see you to tell you goodbye and that I did not have your phone numbers...

So the guys came out, usual signing pictures etc but the girls did not show up. Mika came later, did the usual signing, and the guy he talked to right before me was the guy who got the jacket at the PDP (he's from Mikawebsite).

Mika (all buggered): Ah it's you ? We were wondering who got it ! (and if I remember well : my mum killed me because I threw it in the crowd)

Then Mika went on: do you know it's a very expensive one, that it's made by a very famous designer (Williamson) etc etc

I think if he could he would have asked it back actually (must cost a fortune), you could see he was all :boxed:, his mum must have really killed him...

And then he shrugged and gave in and said : well good luck with it, and signed the inside.

Avoca, Allegra, etc: it was great to see you / spend time with you at the PDP and/or Arras![/quote']

Thanks for the lovely report :wub2:

Aw that's sweet that his mum still tells him off :naughty: But he shouldn't have thrown such an expensive jacket in the crowd, that guy is really lucky and I hope he treats it well (ie doesn't sell it on ebay). :fisch:

Pamette :wub2:! Hope you had a good journey back' date=' it was great to spend the day (and night :naughty:) with you![/quote']

A little boring but not too bad.

I hope you feel better. I was very happy to see you too :wink2:

So the guys came out' date=' usual signing pictures etc but the girls did not show up. Mika came later, did the usual signing, and the guy he talked to right before me was the guy who got the jacket at the PDP (he's from Mikawebsite).

I think if he could he would have asked it back actually (must cost a fortune), you could see he was all :boxed: and hesitating, his mum must have really killed him...

[/quote']

It happened exactly like that! :biggrin2:

A little boring but not too bad.

I hope you feel better. I was very happy to see you too :wink2:

It happened exactly like that!

Well, ofcourse it's not smart to throw a very expensive jacket into the crowd:bleh:

Oh btw, after the gig we saw the band: Mikey, dunno how, he recognized me and stopped. He even asked if anyone would be in Amsterdam: apparently there will be a surprise. Damn it, why does he have to spoil it?

He also asked us if we liked David, but didn't manage to talk to him. Martin passed by us quite a few times, but no Cherisse or Saranayde

A surprise?:shocked:Now Im even more excited!

for smaller pic lovers

P.S hope you dont mind, i took it :wink:

I think that hat looks quite cute on him:original:

:roftl:Hello everyone...Holly Heck...I feel as though I MUST start with some apologies so here goes................we are SO sorry that we had no phone numbers and couldn't contact anyone.:shocked: It was as if we were in a little Oasis..we didn't see any MFCers at all (except two girls who passed by and spoke to Bab..sorry I don't know your names). We were really looking forward to seeing everyone but unfortunatly it didn't work out....I will explain later but just wanted to start with an apology:wub2: I also want to clarify at this point my 'we managed to wangle the front row'......I know that sounds a bit dubious and believe me it wasn't!:shocked:but I will explain

i'm watching the concert on tv(france 4) right now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You can in Turkey?! Great!!!! :punk:

I'm recording it! They only show Relax. I don't know if there will be other songs.

When we arrived (about 4:45) the crowd was about half way down the square but not tightly packed at all. There was plenty of room to walk down the side towards the front which is what we did. At this point Jem, Abby and I were not with Bab and when we reached the front, there she was...on the front row!:shocked: Fair enough...absolute outer limit of it....way past the end of the stage but front row all the same. When she had arrived there was just the one place left and naturally she secured it:thumb_yello: So we just stood near here but, not by any pushing or anything, just natural movement and the fact that some children decided to leave the front row just before Mika came on:shocked:...we all ended up on the front:shocked:

You can in Turkey?! Great!!!! :punk:

I'm recording it! They only show Relax. I don't know if there will be other songs.

Yeah just saw it! It does not show the same energy though... That's the problem of TV...