REPORTS, PICS, VIDEOS OF MIKA @ Saturday Night Fiber - Madrid

Christine

Yes the list was public. Being the "biggest fan" had nothing to do with who was permitted into the meet and greet.

Freddie arranged this meet and greet for people on MFC that had RSVPed to the event. He had to negotiate the numbers with John before the concert because John was only offering a limited number of places into the meet and greet. In fact initially it appeared that half the people on the RSVP list would not be allowed in and the places would be decided by random ballot.

In the end Freddie was successful in getting everyone's name on the list, but if you do not participate in MFC on a regular basis and do not RSVP to an event or otherwise let us know in advance that you will be attending then we can't be held responsible for your entry.

Thanks for your explanation :thumb_yello:

I’ve been registered since a year, but actually I don’t really know how all these things work. I’ll try to be as up to date as I can, despite my poor English and my lack of time.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just a note on the M and G ladies .....

MFC arranged this .. I posted a thread , or at least a message in here asking for names ..

If I remember we had 20 names at the time and I recognised most people , if you remember rightly there was a crush trying to get people in and it was actually very difficult to fully understand who was who to be honest.

Looking back we should of had name badges and organised it different I suppose , saying that sometimes you gotta launch and learn :thumb_yello:

You can imagine only being allowed 20 people and being faced with a sea of faces how tough this actually was ....

As for climbing over the barriers , Pam actually came over to me and said people were doing this ..... I didnt actually see it

Madrid was a massive success for us , the list was public for anyone to add their names and we got most in.

It had nothing to do with "biggest fan" at all , this wasnt even considered ..... of you put your name forward then you should of got in

In fact ... page 98 :wink2:

<Thanks elf>:naughty:

Thanks for the link!! :wink2:

Well, it isn't hard for me to admit that you're right, Freddie! Maybe it's our fault because we didn't read that message on page 98. It happened that those days we were abroad at another Mika's gig so we couldn't read the forum.

I can imagine it was tough for you, but as you’ve said, it was finally a massive success :thumb_yello:

Anyway, I think our attendance wasn't a problem at all. I want to make it clear that we didn't jump or hurt anybody or, definitely, be rude.

I dont think you will find anything about arrangments for the meet the greet in this thread , as this is the report thread ... the arrangements were made in the original GiG thread i think :thumb_yello:

Oh, thanks! :thumb_yello:

I am still a little lost about the working of the forum :blush-anim-cl:

The message was in the original thread FD which is the one in the calendar.

And people did jump over the fence, they nearly knocked me to the ground when they did it.

I appreciate how hard it was to get us in as we very nearly didn't and Jemma had 2 broken ribs into the bargain.

Thanks! I’ve just read the message in the original thread :wink2:

Well, I can’t say people did not jump over the fence because I wasn’t on the lookout for it, but you can be utterly sure that neither Leire nor me did jump.

I don’t know how it happened to you and Jemma, but I know we didn’t hurt anybody. We just waited and finally entered, that's all.

if you remember rightly there was a crush trying to get people in and it was actually very difficult to fully understand who was who to be honest.

Looking back we should of had name badges and organised it different I suppose , saying that sometimes you gotta launch and learn :thumb_yello:

You can imagine only being allowed 20 people and being faced with a sea of faces how tough this actually was ....

Of course we do remember.

We have nothing to say about the organisation and know you did a good job. :thumb_yello:

We only wanted to let all of you know that we didn’t act as animals, as hinted by some people in this thread.

We just don’t deserve certain words that have been used when referring to us.

Nothing more, and nothing less.

And people did jump over the fence, they nearly knocked me to the ground when they did it.

I appreciate how hard it was to get us in as we very nearly didn't and Jemma had 2 broken ribs into the bargain.

Once again, sorry for that, but we didn’t jump over the fence and couldn’t be responsible for the injury, for we weren’t even near this girl.

Well, obviously, this is a problem we all have. The forum is so busy. we can't possibly read everything.

Not to say if you often have to use the dictionary to understand what people say…

We have been at a sort of in-between officiality stage over the past year but in the future these kinds of meetings are likely to be formalized so it will benefit you to be a member of the fan club.

We were wondering... is just being registered in the forum all you need to belong to the MFC?

We were wondering... is just being registered in the forum all you need to belong to the MFC?

At the moment it is. But that may change in the future.

We are assuming that Mika is going to institute a formal fan club in the not-too-distant future and it will be up to his team to decide exactly how you attain membership that would allow you access to meet and greets, for example.

We don't have all the details yet but I'm sure it will be discussed on MFC as things develop.

Once again, sorry for that, but we didn’t jump over the fence and couldn’t be responsible for the injury, for we weren’t even near this girl.

Not to say if you often have to use the dictionary to understand what people say…

I don't mean to be rude but I don't even know who you are, let alone be able to even hint as to who jumped over the fence or pushed us, so no need for either of us to apologise.

I agree also with whoever posted earlier, no matter what you say, your English puts some native speakers to shame!

Wow you're alive again!

:naughty: Barely, after the killer flu that nearly finished me off :roftl:

Oh yes! I know it's only been a few days, but we missed you!

I missed you guys too :wub2:

Now on a serious note, the "revival" of this thread has me a bit baffled. I don't understand what's going on, all these months after the events; Call me naive, but I don't quite understand how this all happened.

I can't recall the events of that night with precise detail, as it was so many months ago, but I do remember very clearly some people jumping the stage fence (I saw them) and a few people who were not on the list, coming into the meeting afterwards.

Now I'm not saying anything about whether they should/shouldn't have been there, just that they were not on the list that was "pre approved" in order to get in.

Again, I can't remember exactly what they did or what happened, but I do recall Robi saying earlier on that she had excanged some words with them. Would that be you, PurpleCat and Leire? And would you girls be by any chance the ones that were next to us at the gig, on the left hand side of the front row?

I recall a group of 3 or 4 girls standing there who were not known to us at the time. Was that you?

Now on a serious note, the "revival" of this thread has me a bit baffled. I don't understand what's going on, all these months after the events; Call me naive, but I don't quite understand how this all happened.

I can't recall the events of that night with precise detail, as it was so many months ago, but I do remember very clearly some people jumping the stage fence (I saw them) and a few people who were not on the list, coming into the meeting afterwards.

Now I'm not saying anything about whether they should/shouldn't have been there, just that they were not on the list that was "pre approved" in order to get in.

Again, I can't remember exactly what they did or what happened, but I do recall Robi saying earlier on that she had excanged some words with them. Would that be you, PurpleCat and Leire? And would you girls be by any chance the ones that were next to us at the gig, on the left hand side of the front row?

I recall a group of 3 or 4 girls standing there who were not known to us at the time. Was that you?

During the gig, we were next to Robertina, on the right hand side of the front row: it was Robertina, LeiRe, another girl, and me.

And, in the M&G, we were the first to talk to Mika, and gave him two kisses at the end.

I think you should remember :)

Edited by PurpleCat

Hey, that’s my job!:naughty:

I better explain because you’re new: I’m the one who always complain about not understanding what people are talking about and asking lots of questions!

Freddie even opened a useful thread about the problem as we are many with another native language, I’ll see if I can find it…

Oh yes! I know it's only been a few days, but we missed you!

She forgot to make a thread about it!:blink:

:naughty: Barely, after the killer flu that nearly finished me off :roftl:

Nice to see you’re back, you were missed; I hope you’re feeling better now!:wub2:

At the moment it is. But that may change in the future.

We are assuming that Mika is going to institute a formal fan club in the not-too-distant future and it will be up to his team to decide exactly how you attain membership that would allow you access to meet and greets, for example.

We don't have all the details yet but I'm sure it will be discussed on MFC as things develop.

Thank you!! :thumb_yello:

That would be great…

I don't mean to be rude but I don't even know who you are, let alone be able to even hint as to who jumped over the fence or pushed us, so no need for either of us to apologise.

Not rude at all! :thumb_yello:

I don’t know you either, but the fact is that some people said in this thread days after the gig that it was the girls who entered the M&G who did all that and who misbehaved (addressing us as *words I wouldn't like to repeat* and even involving us in supposed past problems that we have not the least idea about – you can all check this out if you feel like it), and that’s simply not true because we are the girls who entered (there were no more) and we didn’t act like that.

If they would have said just that there were girls who acted that way, in general terms, we wouldn’t have felt referred to, knowing that we didn’t.

So that’s it.

And you’re right, there’s no need to apologise. What we aim to is not to be charged with unpleasant incidents in the future and, if possible, not to be insulted. In other words, to be respected.

I agree also with whoever posted earlier, no matter what you say, your English puts some native speakers to shame!

Thank you so much! :blush-anim-cl:

What a big surprise, I would never have thought that…

I do remember very clearly some people jumping the stage fence (I saw them) and a few people who were not on the list, coming into the meeting afterwards.

We can tell for sure they weren’t the same persons. We are the ones who entered the meeting, walking quietly as you all did, not jumping the stage fence. We have no idea what the others finally did.

Now I'm not saying anything about whether they should/shouldn't have been there [/color]

Nor are we… :thumb_yello:

I do recall Robi saying earlier on that she had excanged some words with them. Would that be you, PurpleCat and Leire?

Yes, I exchanged a few words with her, and she seemed nice to me.

And would you girls be by any chance the ones that were next to us at the gig, on the left hand side of the front row?

No, we weren’t. I see PurpleCat has already answered to your question. :thumb_yello:

Ok, the point has been made, and perhaps it's time to move on now?

It seems a bit contrived that we're discussing this again over and over after 5+months, so I guess that it would be best to just drop it now....The points have been made, you have clarified your position, and everyone has had their say :wink2:.

You guys say that you've been unjustly accused, but on the other hand Robi (who we know and trust to be a good person, and also an honest one) said that one of the girls (you said you were the only ones there, and that you spoke to her?) had given her a rude reply, so it all looks a bit confused now and I personally think that it's best to let it go and move on.

Happy new year everyone :punk:.

This is a subject that I never talked so much about!

I just started to post after Lisbon’s gig (10th July) and I was (and I’m actually) a little bit shy, especially to give my opinion in “polemic” subjects.

I didn’t had the opportunity to get in to the backstage because I wasn’t on the list, and I get really sad to see that some people who weren’t in the list had that opportunity. I felt like those people were more than me, had more importance than me and I think it’s not fair.

I know that was a big confusing moment, people pushing and screaming and I know Freddie had a hard job trying to count people and control that crazy moment.

And by the way… Freddie, I want to ask you… Who were the people that were on the list?

I’m asking this because a Portuguese girl with the nickname “jujuzita” said that she was on the list, and then she didn’t went to Madrid and I thought because of that I could went in her place. I was next to you in the concert (front row, left), I thought that would be better to ask you about that situation before the gig, but my spoken English is a mess and I’m shy… After the show I just tried to ask you if I could fill in her place and you just said “No”, even before I could explain myself.

I’m not trying to accuse anyone; this is just a “thing” that I never understood very well, why I’m different of the other people?! I hadn’t the opportunity to say anything and other people entered to the backstage without saying a word! :sad: